• Conference North/South Georgraphy

Domoboy23
    • Public Status: Info Provided Files Uploaded: None

Hello,

Aware that sometimes teams will end up in a division they'd rather not due to the Geography. But I think Billericay in the Conference North is a bit of a push :D 

image.thumb.png.61b03c2e328ce172608f9708d2f31df1.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

It would be useful to see the league table from the conference south for comparison to see which team is incorrectly placed in the south, in real life the most northern southern team would be placed in the north to make up the numbers.

All depends on the new teams at step 2. In my first season, 4 southern-based teams (Boreham Wood, Torquay, Eastleigh and Wealdstone) got relegated from the Conference so it meant teams like Boreham Wood went into the North, as above. Oxford City would maybe be an option, but the database has Court Place Farm (Oxford City) as slightly further from the North Pole than Meadow Park (Boreham Wood), byt the matter of 0.11 degrees of latitude. Hemel Hempstead's round Vauxhall Road is actually inbetween those figures, so BW "wins" again...

The footprint of the North has been slowly getting closer to London for the past few years. The games bases it on the co-ordinates of the stadiums.

You'll often see a lot of teams just north of London put into the National League North. 

The only error I ever had with this was years ago when Dover got put into the Conference North on FM14. Though I suppose that's not a totally unrealistic prospect these days.

• SI Staff

Our team feel as though this isn't a bug unless there's an example of a team from notably further north that were relegated from the division above that went into the southern section.

I have found some teams have the wrong co-ordinates for the town they are in 

Take South Shields the longitude part of co-ordinate in game says -1.427 which is incorrect it should be -1.259.

South Shields is just slightly south west of Newcastle & Newcastle is near the east coast of England.

But using the in game co-ordinate of -1.427 means when league realigns happen this moves South Shields to the Northern Premier Division One West league when clearly they should play in the Northern Premier Division One East of this league

Edited by andys7_3

• SI Staff
    On 15/11/2022 at 06:25, andys7_3 said:

Take South Shields the longitude part of co-ordinate in game says -1.427 which is incorrect it should be -1.259.

South Shields is just slightly south west of Newcastle & Newcastle is near the east coast of England.

But using the in game co-ordinate of -1.427 means when league realigns happen this moves South Shields to the Northern Premier Division One West league when clearly they should play in the Northern Premier Division One East of this league

Hi @andys7_3, this is a separate issue which would better be raised separately in our database and research forum here: https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/football-manager-2023-bugs-tracker/database-and-research/england-non-league/

• SI Staff
    On 15/11/2022 at 06:25, andys7_3 said:

The correct co-ordinates for South Shields is 54.97492428608186, -1.4702824124896776.  This fits what we have in the database.

It is not -1.259, as claimed. That would put South Shields in the North Sea!