• Game flashes for a millisecond since updating Mac OS

John Joe O'toole
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

With FM open I’m experiencing a random flash of colour for a millisecond since updating Mac OS 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• Administrators

Can you record a short video to show the issue and upload on here, please?

Also can you let us know what macOS you upgraded to and from, please?

Thanks.

48 minutes ago, Jimmy Wong said:

Can you record a short video to show the issue and upload on here, please?

Also can you let us know what macOS you upgraded to and from, please?

Thanks.

I will do my best but seeing as it’s at random points it may be difficult. 

I upgraded to Ventura 13.0 - can’t remember which one from - maybe Monterey or Big Sur.

I’ve spoken with someone else on Mac who has experienced the same thing. 

thanks 

58 minutes ago, Jimmy Wong said:

Okay, thank you.

To confirm, did you only start encountering this issue after upgrading to Ventura 13?

Yep, only started happening after upgrading to Ventura 13. Thanks 

Just downloaded game today and this was the first bug I picked up. I too am experiencing these random flashes on Mac Ventura 13.

I don't know how @John Joe O'toole is going to screengrab this, it is literally a random flash that's last no more than a fraction of a second. But it happens over and over again.

2 hours ago, BlueOcean said:

Just downloaded game today and this was the first bug I picked up. I too am experiencing these random flashes on Mac Ventura 13.

I don't know how @John Joe O'toole is going to screengrab this, it is literally a random flash that's last no more than a fraction of a second. But it happens over and over again.

Thanks for backing this up. 

Yep, no way of really recording this as its totally random.

Same here. Since Ventura have the flashes. In my opinion the flashes showing another open app (here Steam) and I think they come always when show a player short profile with moving over the button. 

• Administrators
    1 hour ago, will.michael said:

Same here. Since Ventura have the flashes. In my opinion the flashes showing another open app (here Steam) and I think they come always when show a player short profile with moving over the button. 

Have you tried as suggested in the FAQ link above? 

I'm having the same issue, very difficult to capture, but very disruptive to playing. I have an M1 Max processor, there's no graphical reason for this to happen.

Thanks Neil will check that link out. 

While Arny says it’s very disruptive to playing, I wouldn’t go that far. It doesn’t cause any crashes just a quick flash every now and again, obviously it’s not ideal but doesn’t have too much of an impact on the game. 

On 06/11/2022 at 12:34, Neil Brock said:

We are investigating this, in the meantime worth checking to make sure Ventura hasn't changed your display refresh rate which could cause issues - https://support.sega.com/hc/en-gb/articles/10402758582289

I cant seem to alter the refresh rate on MacBook Air. Since the full release of FM23 the flashing has toned down, although I do get a slight flicker from time to time but it has improved from the BETA.

• Administrators

Thanks for coming back to us - any chance you can provide your System Info so we can take a look? Details here - https://support.sega.com/hc/en-gb/articles/9997195057553

Would also be extremely helpful if you could provide a video which shows this? So whether you can record say on a mobile phone, or via screen recording software (OBS is a free to use and available on Mac - https://obsproject.com/kb/mac-installation)

Many thanks. 

The screen flickers in the middle of the video. My computer model is MacBook air M1, and the system is vantura13.1. When I use this system to run FM2022, this will not happen. It appears in a full screen game. When you drag the mouse, it will not appear when you do not drag the mouse. The frequency of appearance is about once every two to three minutes. It's really hard to catch it. This makes me always worry that it will appear when I play and I can't concentrate because a flicker will make my head ache for five to ten seconds.

在 2022/11/6 在 PM8点34分, Neil Brock说:

We are investigating this, in the meantime worth checking to make sure Ventura hasn't changed your display refresh rate which could cause issues - https://support.sega.com/hc/en-gb/articles/10402758582289

v

Edited by tifdwarf

the video by tifdwarf is exactly same issue I have. I tried reducing graphic settings in the game much as possible and it still happens. Im on same system as the others

• SI Staff

Thank you everybody for the information. We have this issue under review. 

We hope to have this resolved for a future update. We appreciate your patience.