• Recruitment: Scouts not a priority?

ZWS
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

According to my board, it looks like scouts aren't a priority? They seem to think we don't need them. I haven't signed any scouts, only using what the club had originally. We have 1 chief scout and 2 scouts more than we are allocated, but why would that allocation be 0? Every club needs scouts surely. Stockport County aren't a poor club neither and are in the EFL, so it's not like finances caused this. This issue occurs at the start of the season (even though I am now a season in).

I'm also not able to request to add more scouts or increase wages for scouts via. Boardroom Requests. Should I release my scouts, I assume I wouldn't have any scouts at all because there's no option to add more.

I have uploaded my save already for another previous issue that you can use to view this: Stockport SSN 1 test.fm

Screenshot provided below. Thanks

image.thumb.png.04fbc63a3e17325d2c56770e9da2eac2.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

5 hours ago, Michael Sant said:

Thanks for taking the time to share this one with us. Our QA team will investigate further.

I can't be certain but I think it may be a display issue. It comes and goes. Sometimes it shows e.g. 2/2 scouts and sometimes it shows 2/0. I weren't able to add more scouts or increase scouts wages, so it might know that I have enough scouts, but it isn't showing that on the display end for me sometimes. Sometimes it does, sometime it doesn't. 

Edited by ZWS

• SI Staff

Hi @ZWS

This is a known issue, it's happened because your scouting range has dropped to 'none'. This is usually because you've got less scouting budget left than you need to cover the selected scouting range (you can check this by selecting 'scouting' on the sidebar).

If you select the most basic scouting package available (you might need to allocate some funds to your scouting budget to cover the cost) the board should then reset your scouting numbers back to what they were.

Russell

22 hours ago, Russell Hammant said:

Hi @ZWS

This is a known issue, it's happened because your scouting range has dropped to 'none'. This is usually because you've got less scouting budget left than you need to cover the selected scouting range (you can check this by selecting 'scouting' on the sidebar).

If you select the most basic scouting package available (you might need to allocate some funds to your scouting budget to cover the cost) the board should then reset your scouting numbers back to what they were.

Russell

hey can you tell me why he (and me too) have more scouts than management wants?
    This means that in order to have one sensible coach/scout or other type of employee, we need to fire two or more employees. In the case of the author of the post, he would have to fire two, and it wouldn't do anything because he has (2/0). In my case, on save (2/1), I would have to fire two workers to hire one. It ruins the whole game, unless it's supposed to be some kind of handicap, that's OK.

It is old problem since maybe 5 years

On 22/11/2022 at 13:13, myfunnygame said:

hey can you tell me why he (and me too) have more scouts than management wants?
    This means that in order to have one sensible coach/scout or other type of employee, we need to fire two or more employees. In the case of the author of the post, he would have to fire two, and it wouldn't do anything because he has (2/0). In my case, on save (2/1), I would have to fire two workers to hire one. It ruins the whole game, unless it's supposed to be some kind of handicap, that's OK.

It is old problem since maybe 5 years

Hi,

Basically Russell said, it happens when you run out of scouting budget. When you have a scouting budget, it's e.g. 2/2. When you no longer have enough to cover the costs of scouting for your range, it drops to 'none' as you're no longer able to scout as you've ran out of money. Your scouting budget drops from e.g. it shows as 2/0 - so you have 2 scouts, but the board/club say you should have 0 - as you have no budget or scouting range to justify using scouts.

The only thing you can do is I assume wait until June/July whenever you get your next season scouting budget and whenever it resets.

It makes no sense to me personally as I were to run out of scouting budget by the end of the season but want to bring in new scouts for the upcoming season, I can't. I have to wait until it all resets and I have a new scouting budget. I would call it a bug but I don't know if it's classed as one.

Edited by ZWS