• Fulfilled promise not fulfilled

Weston
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

I told this Turkish-German player Calhanoglu I'd bring in a compatriot and then signed both German and Turkish players since, but the promise is not showing as fulfilled...

image.thumb.png.3355c9bf503520153a87bf9bc4aa0e60.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There are actually a few other promises that I fulfilled that are not showing as such - I signed a TON of new players since making these promises, but it doesn't seem to have triggered the completion of those promises for some reason, which is concerning...

image.thumb.png.690dcb39ff1598ea5edafdb32160411a.png

Only justification I can think of is that some of the new players arrived the same day as the players I promised to sign new players for because of when the window opened.

How can I remove these promises with the in-game editor so as to not be incorrectly penalized when the time runs out? @Zachary Whyte

Edited by Weston

I told him I'd bring in a compatriot and a defender because I'd already signed a compatriot defender that was due to arrive. He accepts that I brought in this compatriot but somehow doesn't recognize he's also a defender!

image.thumb.png.b0e18ed38139a295a70a3bf3c1180ac9.png

image.thumb.png.4a8d73a252295a9f4e4dadd320fabb21.png

I can use the editor to remove his unhappiness but it's really annoying to be penalized otherwise (I'm sure other players will trust me less now due to hidden attribute hits etc.) for no reason and unable to do anything about it...

Edited by Weston

I have similar issue, only the promise was for more playing time.

Note player at top of list John Hall, also appears further down list with renewed promise following "unhappy promise not kept conversation."J.Hallpromisenotkept.thumb.jpg.9a9ae156f24a8ac172c39534f12bb845.jpgHere is his actual playing time info for duration of promise.  J.Hallplayingtime.thumb.jpg.f6fcdc5c4a3f4c576d51574267697df3.jpgThis is resulting relationship status, We have a very close relationship, holds me in highest regard and I'm one of his favoured personnel while at the same time he completely opposes me as manager!! J.Hallrelationship.thumb.jpg.bd35160aec850453ebec25e9e4e47f83.jpg

It's incredibly frustrating how this keeps happening. I appreciate that these things can be tricky, but how is it 2023 and promises still don't work and there's no way I can see for the user to correct them?

Can someone please tell me how to use the editor to either cancel the promise or fix whatever hidden hits I take for continuously being falsely accused of breaking them? (Just removing the unhappiness, fixing morale, and changing the disliked personnel doesn't feel like a sufficient correction of the negative impacts and is really arduous anyway.)

image.thumb.png.2562f646aeffbc80399b3ce155578e5c.png

I told this Turkish player I'd bring in another Turkish player (I'm not sure why I can even offer that as a Turkish club, but I was desperate to sign him so I put every promise I knew I could fulfill). I signed two. Less than a month later (which seems like a short window regardless), I'm told I failed the promise and he's very angry for no reason...

See save "galatasaray season 2 winter champs iiiii."

Edited by Weston

• Administrators

QA have looked into a few issues here, apologies for the length but just to summarise: 

1. 'Bring in player to help settle not passing straight away' - We've got this under review how and will look to pass the promise when the signing is made. 

2. 'Strengthen defence' - Simply put, Kerim doesn't believe Mustafi is good enough. He's a 34 year old on the decline and is the 14th best player by CA in the squad, hence why the promise failed. 

3. @Tiki Tak'n Turner Do you have a save file we could have to investigate this, please?

4. Sahin was signed on the 12/1, and from date that no signings made the promise criteria. Ince was of the same nationality but only signed on loan, and Tabak was an u19 player so didn't meet the promise as he's in a different squad. 

Happy to investigate any of the points again if there's more to add but hopefully that clarifies a few issues.

8 hours ago, Kyle Brown said:

QA have looked into a few issues here, apologies for the length but just to summarise:

Thanks for the feedback, but this still doesn't make sense to me.

(First of all, I'm wondering if part of the issue is that the reinforcements are sometimes already pre-signed but haven't arrived and/or actually arrive before or simultaneously as the player due to different windows opening, and I'm assuming the promise does/should reflect who is currently at the club at the time of negotiation v who arrives after the promise is made regardless. If it doesn't, this should be changed.)

2. 'Strengthen defence' - Simply put, Kerim doesn't believe Mustafi is good enough. He's a 34 year old on the decline and is the 14th best player by CA in the squad, hence why the promise failed. 

Specifically to this example, I've not been looking at CA for obvious reasons (and Kerim certainly shouldn't be able to see that hidden value, either!), but Mustafi (3* CA, "good" for league) is better than Kerim (2.5*) and has a much higher reputation (3*, highest in squad) than both Kerim (2*) and the CB he replaced (Africo, 2*). This is an improvement.

Besides Mustafi, 3 other players who could be classified as defenders arrived as well. Though some were meant to be replacements for other players, in some cases (Africo left earlier), they were filling holes that, at the time of negotiation, were simply vacant, so we boosted simple numbers as well. Having 3 CBs and signing a 4th is by definition "strengthening" the defense, even if he wasn't 3* - improving the numbers has to count for something regardless.

By every single measurable metric, we reinforced the defense. It just seems incredibly unreasonable to expect the human manager to work out 1) that this is unacceptable and 2) how it is unacceptable, and the feature is simply not fit for purpose if it's meant to work this way. At the *very least* the text should be clearer, ie "I want you to sign a world class defender," or "I want you to have a larger number of defenders," or "I'm upset because I don't think [player x] is good enough," etc.

And it's worth noting that I had another signing I promised defensive improvements to accept I'd fulfilled the promise when I signed a 2* prospect with a high PA star count, which seems to directly contradict this rationale regardless, which brings me to:

4. Sahin was signed on the 12/1, and from date that no signings made the promise criteria. Ince was of the same nationality but only signed on loan, and Tabak was an u19 player so didn't meet the promise as he's in a different squad. 

This also does not make any sense - not only do I not understand why a loan doesn't count (it should), how am I supposed to know that, when it doesn't say that anywhere before or in the complaint afterward?

As for Tabak, his arrival appears to have counted toward Sahin's expectation for defensive reinforcements (despite being 2* CA) - why would it fulfill one and not the other?

And furthermore, why was the "bring someone in to help settle" promise failed as soon as the window closed weeks later, but the "bring in a defender" promise has 200+ more days to go? It's all so confusingly counterintuitive and inconsistent.

Again this could be improved by saying something like "bring in a permanent Belgian signing in the same window" or other specific, clear instructions.

Edited by Weston

It's very clearly, obviously broken, because now the players I promised improvements to are upset that I said in a press conference that I'm not making any more signings, even though the promise already shows up as succeeded! How could a previous promise already completed be broken retroactively?

image.thumb.png.2cf0d83dc3eb24da3027838a6c74f409.png

image.thumb.png.343e3ee9c3c76afb59f750bee950e504.png

And that's after I had to assume what the vague message meant, since it didn't actually explain the issue whatsoever.

See save "gala aug ii."

I also promised to change formation and move up the league, both things I did and fulfilled but the game says that I failed!

image.thumb.png.7e722f82b5de53adf3ed78ae8b35526d.png

image.thumb.png.8175a15a926d363caecfcf3dd452e0c4.png