• Rule group has empty discipline rules with USA?

pro1617
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

Warnings and errors Rule group has empty discipline rules after I did make editor database for USA, why it got error?

Thanks

image.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I am unsure if this correlates for other people as well but I have been getting this error for a while and ignoring it in the hopes it just means nothing, and now my save is basically dead stuck on a specific date...

Again, don't know if it's caused by this error or not, but I've never had a my game get stuck on a specific date before until I saw this error.

Yeah same for me. With Advanced Rules, it won't verify but with Basic Rules, it will but you see this error on each game start and even if you reload the game later. I really hope it's fixed soon as now it seems to be a deal with editing USA. 

1 hour ago, Abdullah Patel said:

Please can we get the editor files?

Thank you Abdullah. I know this isn't my bug to track but I've had the same issue. I just added 2 editor files to your share:

USARulesTest.fmf - Basic Rules that validate but upon starting a new save, I get the same error as OP posted.
    USARulesTest_Adv.fmf - The Advanced Rules version of the USARulesTest.fmf but upon validating, I get an error I have mentioned here.

Both of these files are DBs started from scratch with FM23 editor.

54 minutes ago, Abdullah Patel said:

cheers, we'll take a look

I know it's tough to say but is there any idea of when something would be released? I'm waiting to play FM23 for this

Hi

I am getting the same error with my USA database. I have uploaded the following file in the hope that this will help SI diagnose and fix the error.

NCAA.FM23.fmf

I can't verify the rules in advanced rules.

On 16/11/2022 at 21:05, Abdullah Patel said:

Unfortunately, we can't give a date for a fix. Thank you for your patience with this.

@Abdullah Patel JFYI I have just refunded my game on Steam because of this issue.

I bought FM23 this morning specifically for some workshop content which is now available, but I am getting this error whenever I try to use it and don't have confidence that my save will function properly.

Really disappointed :(

For more context, this is the error message I see (twice) when creating my save which uses the custom database attached to this post and linked below.[1] I'm able to continue on to create the save by clicking "OK", but unsure if things got screwed up in the process.

image.thumb.png.6f64b8fae8247737c8336d315a41a76b.png

I'm also able to load the save, but the same error message appears (twice) along with the text "configthreadlocale(0)" at the bottom of the message.

Like others in this thread, its a USA database.

[1] https://www.reddit.com/r/footballmanagergames/comments/yywvkn/oc_my_american_pyramid_revamped_database_for/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

American Pyramid Revamp 2023.fmf

Edited by mannyhams
    Added more detail, and attached the custom db .fmf file

• SI Staff

We're sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, we still can't give a time for when an update with the fix will come. We are still working on this with a view to get this fixed as soon as we can.

8 hours ago, Abdullah Patel said:

We're sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, we still can't give a time for when an update with the fix will come. We are still working on this with a view to get this fixed as soon as we can.

@Abdullah PatelUnderstood, thanks!

Since there's no clear plan to fix this before FM24, I've left a "Not Recommended" review on Steam for now with a warning for players who want to include any American league beyond MLS. I'm following this thread, though, and will be very happy to change the review once the problem is addressed.

Edited by mannyhams
    typo

For those following this thread, Neil posted a thorough explanation of what they think happened in another one that Digi had created. You can find the update here: 

Just to add to this, I'm seeing everyone have this issue with US or Canadian leagues and teams, however my custom database is just based in Europe. I haven't edited anything to do with US/Canada and I have the exact same issue that all of you have.

I bought this game to create a custom database and now I'm running into this same issue.  It seems pretty widespread based on the comments here and other posts and kills the functionality of the editor.... Is this actually being worked on, or is this something I need to accept will never be fixed and get my money back?

Other references to same issue:

A

B

https://steamcommunity.com/app/2066750/discussions/0/6204299339034854487/

On 09/02/2023 at 06:38, picketyp said:

I bought this game to create a custom database and now I'm running into this same issue.  It seems pretty widespread based on the comments here and other posts and kills the functionality of the editor.... Is this actually being worked on, or is this something I need to accept will never be fixed and get my money back?

Other references to same issue:

A

B

https://steamcommunity.com/app/2066750/discussions/0/6204299339034854487/

I'm hopeful for a fix in 23.3, but nothing has been guaranteed. It's entirely possible that it won't be fixed in FM23 (could even remain in FM24 for all we know).

I initially refunded my purchase, since a custom db was central to how I wanted to play, but Ive since repurchased and found a new way to play. It's less enjoyable this way and really frustrating but IMO better than potentially waiting a month, a year, or potentially even longer for the situation to be fixed.

2 hours ago, picketyp said:

All, this has been fixed in 23.3!  I'm able to test AR without the error popping up in USA databases.  Thank you FM team!

You might want to check to see if you still have North American Champions League. I created this bug to track it: 

Thanks for the recommendation.  I'm planning on rebuilding the NACL anyways, so this shouldn't be a showstopper for me.  Hopefully they fix it for you soon though.