• Pre-game editor is broken for MacOS after update 23.2

metal_guitarist
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

Just updated the game and editor to the latest update via Steam and the editor no longer opens. 

1135531584_Screenshot2022-12-01at17_57_21.thumb.png.e54bd03cfd2c13d2a651257ebf011136.png

Only way to close it is to re-open Steam and then stop it there unless you manually kill the process. Cleared cache/preference, verified files, still didn't work. Reinstalled, still didn't work.

• MacOS Ventura 13.0.1
    • 2021 MacBook Pro running an M1 Max chip. 

Editor works fine on Windows, it appears to be a Mac-specific issue. I don't have a non-Apple Silicon machine to try it with to see if it's to-do with the CPU architecture changes. 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• Administrators

Hi, have you updated the game to 23.2 version yet? You need the game to be updated to the same version in order to access the Editor.

Let us know how you get on, please? Thanks.

I'm having a similar issue, on a MacBook Pro 2021 (M1 Pro Chip), OS Ventura 13.0.1. The game is v23.2.

When I try to open the editor through Steam, I get the message in the first screenshot (Editor Error Steam.png).

If I click on the application directly from Finder, I get the message in the second screenshot (Editor Error Finder.png).

I tried the suggested Full Disk Access solution but it didn't appear to change anything. I've also contacted Steam Support, but I thought I'd share here, too, since this isn't an isolated incident... yet seems to manifest slightly differently for different users.

Editor Error Steam.png

Editor Error Finder.png

Hi @Jimmy Wong & @Lucas,

I know there's no way to put an exact time frame on this, but is it at least being looked into? Maybe an update to the editor will be released? I'm still receiving the same error messages and I remain unable to access the pregame editor. (Which, given my preference for playing with a pyramid system in the US, takes a lot of the shine off FM23.)

I understand that everyone is busy working on things, but an update or some form of acknowledgement would be welcome.

Thanks!

I'm not quite sure what happened, but after deleting and reinstalling for the umpteenth time, the editor started working. I'm having the same rules issues with the US that others found, but at least I can access the editor...

...yet with the latest update FM23 itself won't load. That's a different support ticket.

• Administrators

Hey Rhydymwyn, I can only apologise for the lack of communication, seems this thread got lost amongst the other threads.

Glad to hear things have improved on one front, but obviously not great about FM23 not loading. Do you have any custom graphics installed at all? They may not be compatible with the latest version.