• Error when starting new game with custom database

Digijustin
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

I have reported earlier error when trying to verify rules in advanced rules but I kicked it back to Basic Rules and it tested correctly and when I start a new game, I get this error. It still works to create the game. This also comes up when loading this same game. I have looked for the Discipline Rules and they are set as seen in the screenshot attached. There are no other places to deal with discipline that I can see. 

Screenshot_20221108_100444.png

Screenshot_20221108_101531.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I also checked my league and the Disciplinary Rules are showing fine from what I can see. Just seems like the error popup is incorrect but let me know.

image.png.b32b6096f168aaa5c5a3be6b9771a2a6.png

On 10/11/2022 at 10:00, Zachary Whyte said:

We will investigate this further. Thank you for flagging. :) 

Hi Zachary, is this something that will be getting fixed soon? Waiting to start a save on this and was hoping for an idea. 

There is one in the original post on this bug. 
    But I just uploaded 3 more that I created today after the Editor update:

UpdatedEditor_USATest_Basic.fmf - This was a new one created today post update that validates but has the same error as above
    UpdatedEditor_USATest_ADV.fmf - This is the Basic one with just Adv Rules added. Errored while validating but told me an issue with Canadian Cup not having enough teams. I remember this as an issue with FM22 so I readded MLS and put the Canadian teams back into them and it failed while validating with an error about "Rule group has empty discipline rules" when they are not empty. This has been reported a few times I've seen. 
    UpdatedEditor_USATest_ToBasic1.fmf - This is the Advanced Rules one but just switched back to basic rules. It tests fine but gets the same error on starting a new game. 

1 minute ago, Jimmy Wong said:

Thank you, I will pass the files to the relevant department for investigation.

Thank you so much Jimmy. I think it's also happening with Canada as well. I have done the exact same test with Canada in place of USA and gotten the same "Discipline Error" popup. Don't have those files anymore as I deleted them.

Also I know it's a stretch but I feel bad just complaining on here but I don't really know of any other way to getting it fixed. But I am a developer as well so if there's anything I can do to help, I would gladly do that.

I've been getting the problem as well with a custom US/Canadian league. But I am able to play the game and it does run for several seasons without issue it looks like.

Just now, Xanderkulic said:

I've been getting the problem as well with a custom US/Canadian league. But I am able to play the game and it does run for several seasons without issue it looks like.

Yeah you have Basic Rules I am guessing. I can still play but I don't know how the game will hold up after a while. 

• Administrators
    20 hours ago, Digijustin said:

Any updates on this @Jimmy Wong or @Zachary Whyte?

We believe it's an issue specific to North American - The North American rule group was being disabled due to a requirement of 24 MLS teams but the competitions were still being created without fixture rules. This is something we're looking at internally with the aim of providing a fix in a future update, but is something with wide-ranging potential knock-ons, so needs to be thoroughly checked internally first.. 

@Digijustin - You're a hero. I've literally spent a few days going "what the **** am I doing wrong" - great to see a thread on this. I have a carbon copy of your issues and have tried exactly the same thigns as you between basic and advanced.

I'll hang fire for the devs - appreciate the fact this is on the table and being looked at!

23 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

We believe it's an issue specific to North American - The North American rule group was being disabled due to a requirement of 24 MLS teams but the competitions were still being created without fixture rules. This is something we're looking at internally with the aim of providing a fix in a future update, but is something with wide-ranging potential knock-ons, so needs to be thoroughly checked internally first.. 

Thank you for the update on this @Neil Brock. Makes sense that it has wide ramifications but I'm glad to know it's getting proper attention. 

3 hours ago, Krudley83 said:

@Digijustin - You're a hero. I've literally spent a few days going "what the **** am I doing wrong" - great to see a thread on this. I have a carbon copy of your issues and have tried exactly the same thigns as you between basic and advanced.

I'll hang fire for the devs - appreciate the fact this is on the table and being looked at!

Yeah it's a tough one as with Basic Rules, it will "work" but I'm not confident in knowing if there are issues down the line. I know a few US DB's have been already released with it in there and while they look great, I just don't know how the issue stands up. Hopefully it's fixed soon so we can get on with our gameplay. 

Hi Neil, I don't think its an issue specific to North America. I have a custom database based in Finland which has nothing to do with any North American teams or leagues and I am having the exact same issues. This custom database has worked fine in FM22 & 21, but since transferring it to FM23, I get the same 'warning: rule group has empty discipline rules' and any game started with the database crashes on the same date (12th Jan) every time.

On 01/01/2023 at 17:30, Neil Brock said: