• Can't set tactic for U21 team

TomHeywood98
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

Managing Exeter who don't have U21 team at start of save, second season there is an u21 team but tactic cannot be set, whether you click your own tactic or use u21 manager's preferred tactic it will not apply. 

steps to reproduce issue:

go to Development Centre -> Under 21's -> Tactics

click Primary Tactic drop down and select any tactic

go to Development Centre -> Under 21's -> Squad

Quick Pick is unable to be clicked as tactic has not been applied 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I have the same issue with my Plymouth save. Didn’t have a u21 in my first season and only had a U21 in the third season but I can’t access anything on the U21 team even after hiring a u21 manager. 

HI @Neil Brock.. or anyone else, was there ever a solution to this ? As I currently have this issue in my save after the board created an Under 21 squad for me. Appointed an U21 manager and can't ask them to play a certain system (like a can for my U18s). 

Any help is much appreciated. 

CLF

• Administrators
    4 hours ago, Cultured Left Foot said:

HI @Neil Brock.. or anyone else, was there ever a solution to this ? As I currently have this issue in my save after the board created an Under 21 squad for me. Appointed an U21 manager and can't ask them to play a certain system (like a can for my U18s). 

Any help is much appreciated. 

CLF

Is something the team is still looking at and will provide more info when we're able to do so. Thanks.  

Can confirm that this is not fixed or the winter update reverted the fix.

I am currently in the Dev Center on the Under 21s tab, with Tactics ticked. The Primary Tactic has No Primary Tactic Selected in the box (and no positions appear on the pitch display). If I click the drop down and select a tactic, the Primary tactic changes in the window (Circle and dot next to chosen tactic show) but immediately toggles back to No Primary Tactic Selected despite a chosen tactic remaining selected.

My U21 team was created this season (2028/29) and I have had to reset all my filters (squad and tactics on Senior team) to even get the U21 team to show up in the filter toggles.

On 06/03/2023 at 12:08, Kyle Brown said:

One we believe we've fixed now in a previous update, but do let us know if you ever spot anything similar again.

On 16/03/2023 at 13:53, Feldandfart said:

Can confirm that this is not fixed or the winter update reverted the fix.

I am currently in the Dev Center on the Under 21s tab, with Tactics ticked. The Primary Tactic has No Primary Tactic Selected in the box (and no positions appear on the pitch display). If I click the drop down and select a tactic, the Primary tactic changes in the window (Circle and dot next to chosen tactic show) but immediately toggles back to No Primary Tactic Selected despite a chosen tactic remaining selected.

My U21 team was created this season (2028/29) and I have had to reset all my filters (squad and tactics on Senior team) to even get the U21 team to show up in the filter toggles.

Still not fixed as of today, any updates?

I am having this issue aswell updated to 23.4. @Kyle Brown

Very frustrating that this is ruining my long term save after I waited for the update to come out.

image.jpeg

Edited by Conk757
    Screenshot

On 06/03/2023 at 12:08, Kyle Brown said:

One we believe we've fixed now in a previous update, but do let us know if you ever spot anything similar again.

Hi Kyle/Mod,

As shown in the image provided it is safe to say this issue still exists. Normally I would assume this was a issue with a mod and thus you wouldn't be under any liability but since you have acknowledged this issue on vanilla then i'm confident it has no effect. 

I have spent a long time on this save and it is worth nothing this is a long-term save and so perhaps the patch you speak of only effects new saves? That could be why myself and others aren't seeing any fix but that's a generous assumption on my part. 

If we would be able to get further insight into when or how it can fixed then it would be appreciated. The u21 is a crucial step for our youth development. I spent many seasons climbing the leagues until i was able to get my u21 squad and haven't had any control of it.

Well, going to spend the next 8 hours organising my pre-season! 

Thanks in advance and I appreciate these things can take time but as mentioned, pivotal to development. 

LungZ 

Screenshot (233).png

I'm having the same issue. It could be related with the creation of U21 for clubs that previously didn't have them.

It doesn't allow me to select tactic

image.thumb.png.f94a66b1cb81dd5e6a24ec4e0ba10e02.png

I can confirm this has not been resolved but there's an easy workaround to selecting your U21s and U18s tactic from a drop-down menu.

Just follow these steps:

1. Make sure you delegate all training (global and individual) for the U21s and U18s to your youth team staff (this will make the fast access icons to the left of the main screen disappear).

2. Make sure you have the desired tactic as an option for your first-team squad in tactics screen.

3. Through your development center screen, acess the tactics screen for either your U21s or U18s. There you will see a simplified tactics menu with a drop-down option with all the tactics that are available to your first-team. Select as you wish.

4. Now you can revert to manually training your U21s and U18s and the selected tactic will be the default for those squads, even if it doesn't match your first team's.

Hope this helps.

Sadly for me this doesn't work, when trying to select one of the first team tactics for the U21 team it will briefly say the tactic name then instantly switch back to "No Tactic Selected" even though the proper first team tactic is still checked. I suppose there isn't much to do to get it fixed.