• B Team players called up to 1st Team then sent on holiday before B Team season finished

youngs15
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

I'm managing Villarreal B in the Spanish 3rd tier. Our season finishes early June, with the 1st Team finishing a few weeks earlier. I finished in the playoffs, so my season was extended by a couple of weeks. When my regular season ended and the playoffs started, two of my best players were moved to the 1st Team (presumably by the 1st Team AI manager), but as the 1st Team season had finished, they were sent on holiday like all the other 1st Team players. I was unable to select them for my playoff matches, even though they'd spent the entire regular season with me in the B Team.

This seems entirely unrealistic. Why would a player be made unavailable to finish off their B Team season just to be sent on holiday with the 1st Team players? I can't see this ever happening IRL.

To make this even more frustrating and perplexing, the players were then moved back to my B Team before the start of the next season!!

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• Administrators

Agree it's a little bit strange, but perhaps the first team manager felt the players should be rested at that point and that would serve them better for their long-term development? 

Regardless, if you have a save game just before the point they're moved to the first team and miss the play-offs, please upload and let us know the file name. Details on how to upload here - https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/instructions-and-notes/how-to-upload-files-to-us-r98/

Thanks. 

I only have a save file from when I first noticed after they were moved to the first team. The tricky thing is you don't get notified when players are moved out of your B team - I only noticed when it came to selecting my team for the next match.

I'm approaching the end of the next season and in a playoff position again...will see if this reoccurs and and get a save file before the change.