• Wrexham is nonsense

juniorsquide
    • Public Status: Need More Info Files Uploaded: None

The setup for Wrexham is nonsense on a financial and facilities base. The Rich chairmen have already invested heavily and have plans underway for a new 5,000 seat stand (redevolpment of the kop), have invested personal finances heavily in players and wages, have invested heavily in facilities. Yet finances at the club are appallling. I have won back to back promotion and I'm 2 million in debt. Requests for facility upgrades are turned down. This is all not inline with the condition the club is in! Also read the paper, the chairmans rhetoric and commitment is insane yet this is not reflected in the game!

Also attendecies. I was at Wrexham's last home game against a mid league team and the attendence was over 9,000 and average attendence isn't far off this which is sellouts every week pretty much. In my second season in league 2 average attendence is around 8,000. This is ridiculous!!! I have loved FM for being so realistic but a high profile club from the chairmen that have taken it over in Wrexham is completely off the track!!!

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Stuggling to figure out how to on mac and your guide didn't really help as newest mac operating system isn't at all like your guide. I'm not sure how a project file would help given across the board it just seems you don't have a grip on the reality of what Wrxham AFC is under the new ownership and what attendeces are. BTW  I had it wrong the attendence was over 10,000 recently. That's down in the National League!

• SI Staff

Some of these thoughts would be very good to put in our database and research section: https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/football-manager-2023-early-access-beta-bugs-tracker/database-and-research/england-non-league/

It is still quite early in their tenure though and we don't know how their commitments will track should Wrexham continue to make progress. However, we are wanting to look into this, when you go to save game as in the menu you should be able to see the folder path your FM game is using and then share the file with us from there.

Whilst I agree it's not been much longer than a year, Rob and Ryan have both been exceptionally forward in their plans, and I think being there for a minimum of 10 years, with regular investment, in part from sponsorship/tv deals/merchandise (indeed, they've also said that should Wrexham ever make the Championship, they'd look for further external investment)

They're taking in over £600k pa on merchandise at the moment, which, realistically, will drop (internationally at least) over time, but the £360k in person sales will at least remain constant should they rise.

The average home attendance is approximately 9,500 this year, and with the almost certain to be approved new Kop taking capacity to 15,500, I think if you gain promotions with Wrexham their finances should only continue to increase. 

I'd be interested to know what Wrexham's reputation is compared to at least L1 clubs.

(I don't have the Beta)

SO Wrexham are identical on the full release???? That was a waste of time and massively dissapointing! So no point starting my career game from afresh given you've changed nothing???? Cheers.

• Administrators

The data is set correctly, so if you have a save game example please upload and let us know the file name. Details on how to do so here - https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/instructions-and-notes/how-to-upload-files-to-us-r98/

Bear in mind clubs in the EFL have to adhere to FFP rules as well, so may be a reason why additional investment or spend hasn't been available.