• Finances promoted teams Belgium 4th tier

OlivierL
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

After holidaying a season in Belgium, every team i tested that got promoted from 4th tier to 3rd tier in Belgium, are heavily losing money.

Cappellen started with +297K (euro's) and ended the season with 622k in red (i signed all the youth intake players to those wages are added from april). That is a loss of +-920k.

d049a969c3a8113d19bb3708e9536351.png

Berchem started with + 313K and ended at 1.356.608M . that is a loss of .1.7 M !  They signed a lot of free players (i wasn't the manager) and got promoted. 

12d2ea9a04d255b31ec9e871fff47a8e.png

I remember that i played with Aalst at FM21 , four or five seasons and the balance was fine because of a very big fanbase. I hope you (or maybe Xaw is he gets the same issue) can escalate this to the bug tracker. So i'm testing this with Aalst, after 1 year, this are the results.

They started 30/6/23 with 403K

c832fec4e8cd625344fac7e7d73c1016.png
    They ended at 30/6/24 -537k.

8830535b3ff27a5b33305e58ff173eca.png
    meaning a loss of 937k.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Same for me. I played my first season with Racing Mechelen, and I have lost €1.5m. Prove.

As I play youth only I didn't sign any players. This is an overview from my expenses. This is completely unrealistic. As I'm a supporter of Racing Mechelen, I know that we had the last 2 seasons only a very small financial loss, see official annual accounts.

So please, review the finances in Belgium as it is almost unplayable at the moment. Last year the same issue was raised, and nothing has changed, it even got worse.

1 other bug: all the teams that got promoted from the 4th tier turn full professional, and this is also completely wrong.

Just to add to this, after starting the Youth Challenge with a Belgian team (Diegem) and being made aware of this, I holidayed to the end of the season, saving each month, and checking the finances as I went. It would appear that the high level of Youth facilities is the main culprit here (or at least a significant factor). These are the teams that got promoted and their facilities:

2116504016_2022-10-2921_24_20-MicrosoftExcel-FM23Diegem_xlsm.png.a7cfd86681bfdddc64abb5d8bf5a44e8.png

On reaching the end of the season, my Youth Setup costs up to 1st April were €523,368 (I got sacked at that point). The other promoted teams suffered slightly less but still significantly:

2373901_2022-10-2921_26_30-MicrosoftExcel-FM23Diegem_xlsm.png.88e0f919e495f942f2ef33fd35567e38.png

Every side finished at least €900,000 in the red.

Of the other sides in the division, all bar one had significantly lower Youth setup fees (excluding the feeder sides Bruges NXT, Zebra Elites and OHL U23):

1838598524_2022-10-2921_56_06-MicrosoftExcel-FM23Diegem_xlsm.png.544bb1e73bebdbf4b2fc04a183b851e5.png

Hope some of this helps.

Edited by VinnyChilds

Just did a test in Belgium.

Nothing changed @Zachary Whyte.

Promoted teams from 4rd tier to 3rd tier after one season, start with +- 200k positive balance. after one season they are in very red figures . Most of them lost 1.000.000 euro or even more.

• SI Staff

This is an issue that's still under review and being worked on over on our side. We realise its an incredibly frustrating issue to encounter in your saves. 

On 20/11/2022 at 05:49, Michael Sant said:

This is an issue that's still under review and being worked on over on our side. We realise its an incredibly frustrating issue to encounter in your saves. 

Do you have an update for us on this topic?

• SI Staff

Hi, I can confirm this issue is being worked and should be resolved in a future update. Although I can't give you a timeframe unfortunately. We're sorry for the inconvenience. 

On 09/12/2022 at 15:28, Zachary Whyte said:

Hi, I can confirm this issue is being worked and should be resolved in a future update. Although I can't give you a timeframe unfortunately. We're sorry for the inconvenience. 

What is the status? We are 1.5 months further, so I hope you have made some progress with this topic.

Looking forward to your feedback.

On 22/01/2023 at 19:21, Zachary Whyte said:

Hi, @Bartrcmthis issue is with the Dev/QA team and good progress has been made. 

As said above, this should be included in a planned update.

Apolgies again for inconvenience.

Hello,

Are the financial issues solved? I don't want to start a new save without knowing that problem is solved

Looking forward to your feedback.

• SI Staff

Hi @Bartrcm

Unfortunately we hit a wall when working on this issue and it is now unlikely to be resolved. We apologise for this.

However, if you didn't disable the editor when creating your save, you can send your save game and I can add some finances to your club.

6 hours ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Hi @Bartrcm

Unfortunately we hit a wall when working on this issue and it is now unlikely to be resolved. We apologise for this.

However, if you didn't disable the editor when creating your save, you can send your save game and I can add some finances to your club.

So you actually say that the financial issue won't be solved ever? So Belgium is unplayable?

Adding some finances to my club will only solbve the issue for a short term, and that is not what I'm looking for.

I'm having the same issue, I've tried to start saves in a few nations now and it all just seems a bit pointless. Financial scalability for long term saves seems to be problem in most nations that aren't the top 5. 

Within first season of Belgium a number of clubs had gone into Administration. And it happens with each season a few more teams getting into administration. 

There's no competition prize money in any of the leagues, I've started from the bottom league and worked up on the newest update, only 1st place in the Jupiter Pro League gets £517k out of all 3 divisions. That can't be right surely. No wonder clubs are just rolling into debt. I'm having to clear 6-8m in transfer profit just to break even