• Full screen issue on MacBook

CountyAdam
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

Since updating to MacOS Ventura 13.0.1 I haven't been able to go full screen. I've taken a photo below to show the issues. I've tried changing resolution in game and on my MacBook.

On the previous MacOS football manager would go full screen and behind the notch, now it sits below with black edges around the game window.

If you have any suggestions please let me know.

IMG_4145.HEIC

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hello, I am facing the same issue. I don't know if it is a matter of an update from Apple or from the Sega, but after the last update FM23 is displaying on my MBP without wrapping the notch. Subsequently, the game is unplayable and it looks like sh**. The option “scale to fit below built-in camera” is unavailable and I am unable to force the real full-screen. 

I will be very grateful if you guys can look into this matter ASAP. What is interesting, FM22 is working fine and in the real fullscreen. 

1 hour ago, mkrysiak said:

Hello, I am facing the same issue. I don't know if it is a matter of an update from Apple or from the Sega, but after the last update FM23 is displaying on my MBP without wrapping the notch. Subsequently, the game is unplayable and it looks like sh**. The option “scale to fit below built-in camera” is unavailable and I am unable to force the real full-screen. 

I will be very grateful if you guys can look into this matter ASAP. What is interesting, FM22 is working fine and in the real fullscreen. 

Yes, I've got exactly the same problem and totally agree it's unplayable. I thought it might have been due to an MacOS update but funny that FM22 is working properly. I've found a few other guys on Twitter who are experiencing the same issues and they are also awaiting responses from SI.

Hopefully they can provide us with a solution soon.

We got it. 100% efficiency. Thanks a lot to @doubleluckstur for the solution idea.

We have very easy steps.
    1. Close steam and FM
    2. Locate fm.app - my path is: /Users/myname/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Football Manager 2023 3. Right click on the fm.app - check the "open using Rosetta" box
    4. Right click again - show package contents, open contents file
    5. Locate info.plist and open it using TextEdit
    6. On the very last line of the code "<key>NSPrefersDisplaySafeAreaCompatibilityMode</key>" change under it true to false and save it
    7. The most important. Open Terminal
    8. In terminal type: codesign --remove-signature (and here just drag the fm.app) and press enter
    9. Open the steam and enjoy the full screen

Very important: while typing in the Terminal (point 8.) remember to put double - before remove-signature. Otherwise it won't work

Let me know afterwards if it works for you.

Edited by mkrysiak

14 horas atrás, mkrysiak disse:

We got it. 100% efficiency. Thanks a lot to @doubleluckstur for the solution idea.

We have very easy steps.
    1. Close steam and FM
    2. Locate fm.app - my path is: /Users/myname/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Football Manager 2023 3. Right click on the fm.app - check the "open using Rosetta" box
    4. Right click again - show package contents, open contents file
    5. Locate info.plist and open it using TextEdit
    6. On the very last line of the code "<key>NSPrefersDisplaySafeAreaCompatibilityMode</key>" change under it true to false and save it
    7. The most important. Open Terminal
    8. In terminal type: codesign --remove-signature (and here just drag the fm.app) and press enter
    9. Open the steam and enjoy the full screen

Very important: while typing in the Terminal (point 8.) remember to put double - before remove-signature. Otherwise it won't work

Let me know afterwards if it works for you.

Mate, I did this and the game is not opening, what should I do now?

1 hour ago, DavidFerraz said:

Mate, I did this and the game is not opening, what should I do now?

Have you completed all the steps? It MUST work. Open the game using steam client, not from the fm.app. If the problem still occurs - right click on FM on Steam - > properties -> local files -> check local files or sth like that. They are gonna to be restored and you can try again. 

• SI Staff

We don't have any updates we can share yet unfortunately. It's something we're looking into and one we are wanting to get resolved as soon as we can.

• Administrators

We've just released a new update which we hope will have resolved this issue. 

If you could ensure you're playing on the latest version and then let us know how you get on it would be much appreciated. :)

53 minutes ago, talhak said:

The situation is still the same for me too, even after today's update (23.2.2). I'm using an M2 MacBook Air on the latest version of macOS, macOS Ventura 13.2. @Kyle Brown @FourFourRED

Try uninstall the game and reinstall it. That’s what I needed to do.

3 minutes ago, FourFourRED said:

Try uninstall the game and reinstall it. That’s what I needed to do.

Thanks for the feedback, @FourFourRED. Will try now and give feedback here for others who are in the similar position.