• Near Post Corners Broken Again.

toby14
    • Public Status: Need More Info Files Uploaded: None

Really enjoying this years game, but one major issue is ruining all the satisfaction.

Over powered near post corners.

Playing as Arsenal, center back Gabriel has scored 38 goals. 

This was a major problem in the last game and is even worse in this years game. 

Praying it has been fixed by full release as what's the fun in it..?

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

They will need some .pkm's maybe even save to tweak things faster. :)

https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/football-manager-2023-early-access-beta-bugs-tracker/753_match-engine-ai-and-tactics/welcome-reporting-match-engine-issues-r9473/

This for me is soooo far from the truth. I have not scored a corner from a game in over 20 games, with corner takers with16 and tall CBs with 14+ heading, jumping reach and strength, I am also training attacking corners every single week. So corners are not being scored please fix. 

16 hours ago, TJR1989 said:

This for me is soooo far from the truth. I have not scored a corner from a game in over 20 games, with corner takers with16 and tall CBs with 14+ heading, jumping reach and strength, I am also training attacking corners every single week. So corners are not being scored please fix. 

Have you set your corner taker to aim for near post?

If so, its actually insane and unexplainable how you cant sore from a corner and one of my center backs alone has almost 40 goals. 

SI will need more detail in order to reproduce this issue. At minimum, they'll need how you're setting up set-pieces. They might require a save game as well.

• SI Staff

We absolutely will require a save game with the set piece tactic set up and with the CB scoring a significant number of goals for us to investigate, especially since we've had many people say that they're using near post corners with no such results.

With no tangible evidence at all, we have nothing to go by here. @toby14

9 hours ago, toby14 said:

Have you set your corner taker to aim for near post?

If so, its actually insane and unexplainable how you cant sore from a corner and one of my center backs alone has almost 40 goals. 

Yes! I am training attacking corners EVERY single week and set piece delivery! I am playing for "set pieces" I have 15/15 free kick and corner tackers and not once have I scored. Attack near post, 2 big CBs there. Looking at SI's reply above and me asking on some forums and groups it seems like most people are not scoring hardly any like me, are you sure you are not playing FM22? As it was massively OP then. 

On 28/10/2022 at 11:14, Jack Joyce said:

We absolutely will require a save game with the set piece tactic set up and with the CB scoring a significant number of goals for us to investigate, especially since we've had many people say that they're using near post corners with no such results.

With no tangible evidence at all, we have nothing to go by here. @toby14

Thanks for the reply & @HUNT3R How do I go about sharing my save with you guys? Not the most tech savvy. 

In terms of detail, I just set them up as: Gabriel Attack the near post both from both sides. Stuck a man on the keeper and another man Lurking at Near post. 

38 minutes ago, toby14 said:

Thanks for the reply & @HUNT3R How do I go about sharing my save with you guys? Not the most tech savvy. 

In terms of detail, I just set them up as: Gabriel Attack the near post both from both sides. Stuck a man on the keeper and another man Lurking at Near post. 

The details are in the forum header, but here's a link: