• ***KNOWN ISSUE*** Player Attribute Knowledge Resets After Trial Completes

LastSon
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

Once players leave the team from trial their attributes immediately reset to scouting knowledge. In past games knowledge decays over time. I'm not sure if this is a new change so wanted to bring it to someone's attention.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Although I appreciate the fact that issues are difficult to solve sometimes, I still do not get the 'we stick to only a handful of updates' vibe I am at least reading into. Correct me if I am wrong, but sometimes it reads like that there are issues that could be fixed at the spot, but will not be because it simply is not the time to bring a majorly overpacked update. Small minor patches can evidently be just as impactful.

Comparing the time I have owned FM22 and the hours that I have played it, pails in comparison to the same ratio I had with FM20. I just do not feel like picking it up to play.

And just to complete this little rant... I honestly would not buy it if the dev team would say they did not know the patch only fixed it halfway.
    Knowing whether the knowledge is retained, you have to go through the 'trial ended' screen and by then it has to be noticed all the things that are still broken.
    I guess half a patch is better than none, yes, but it takes a hell of a time getting things sorted.

Edited by Arjan S

Software development is not as cut and dry as, it used to be this way, make it that way again.  The request to revise the existing functionality, has been noted by the development at SI team.  The level of effort for the change and the potential impact are causing it to be deprioritized.  Chill.  They see it.  They will fix it.  When they can.  Consistently complaining about something, that is at it's core, not a bug, will not make it take less effort.

On 28/12/2021 at 02:08, Big Daddy Moses said:

The level of effort for the change and the potential impact are causing it to be deprioritized. 

This is the real issue.

On 27/12/2021 at 21:07, Arjan S said:

Although I appreciate the fact that issues are difficult to solve sometimes, I still do not get the 'we stick to only a handful of updates' vibe I am at least reading into. Correct me if I am wrong, but sometimes it reads like that there are issues that could be fixed at the spot, but will not be because it simply is not the time to bring a majorly overpacked update. Small minor patches can evidently be just as impactful.

Comparing the time I have owned FM22 and the hours that I have played it, pails in comparison to the same ratio I had with FM20. I just do not feel like picking it up to play.

And just to complete this little rant... I honestly would not buy it if the dev team would say they did not know the patch only fixed it halfway.
    Knowing whether the knowledge is retained, you have to go through the 'trial ended' screen and by then it has to be noticed all the things that are still broken.
    I guess half a patch is better than none, yes, but it takes a hell of a time getting things sorted.

Well it shows one thing, the nieche-player is not of importance. There is nothing to gain, for 98% of players by fixing trails.

Because you are not supposed to play Cefn Druids in Wales Prem, you should play in the EPM and have staff.

Here is my solution to the known issues, I will play FM21 till the last patch, check they are solved. If not I will prob not preorder anymore, and will check on the final version of FM23, by playing the demo.

That beeing said, happy new year.

@Kyle Brown Any update possible? This game is now for 3 months in my Steam Library and I couldn't play a single LLM save. How is it even possible that we are 3 months further and still this bug does appear? 

Please don't focus you on those people who wants to play with oil-money. Focus you on the players who wants to play with their local team and play (in-game) or 30 years. That should be the focus. So, please come with an update, we've been waiting and waiting.

1 hour ago, Markuss said:

@Kyle Brown Any update possible? This game is now for 3 months in my Steam Library and I couldn't play a single LLM save. How is it even possible that we are 3 months further and still this bug does appear? 

Please don't focus you on those people who wants to play with oil-money. Focus you on the players who wants to play with their local team and play (in-game) or 30 years. That should be the focus. So, please come with an update, we've been waiting and waiting.

It will not be solved in FM22. Wanna bet on it?

I actually just went around it by opening player search and using an attribute search for the position / role I want to fill. Extremely cumbersome and indeed I hate that we still are in this situation.. but it kind of works.

50 minutes ago, Arjan S said:

I actually just went around it by opening player search and using an attribute search for the position / role I want to fill. Extremely cumbersome and indeed I hate that we still are in this situation.. but it kind of works.

Yes, it is possible to work around. But if you don't remember FM21 open it up, and trail someone. The feeling you get, it is just working.

It's an absolute shambles by SI.  I'm never going to do the 'buy it every year' thing again, or even buy them on release when they just push out broken games.  So disappointing.

4 hours ago, Big Daddy Moses said:
      Reveal hidden contents

image.png.db9004b587fb1a7e5d25be6a8ecb38f5.png

Yes, unhappy consumers are truly idiots if their product is broken for months and they express their discontent.

You really have changed the world today with sarcastic meme.

On 20/01/2022 at 02:46, Zoz said:

It's an absolute shambles by SI.  I'm never going to do the 'buy it every year' thing again, or even buy them on release when they just push out broken games.  So disappointing.

Exactly this, what the hell is so hard that they couldn't fix this in months.. Please tell us SI, we bought a game with a bunch of bugs and I think it would be fair to communicate to your customers.. 

@Daniel Wells 

@Ben Kenney

@Kyle Brown

17 hours ago, Markuss said:

Exactly this, what the hell is so hard that they couldn't fix this in months.. Please tell us SI, we bought a game with a bunch of bugs and I think it would be fair to communicate to your customers.. 

@Daniel Wells 

@Ben Kenney

@Kyle Brown

To be fair, they have not updated the game anymore. In the last update they patched the gaping hole to become a leaking mess.
    I really do not see why they would not update more often... Maybe micro-patching like the devs at Wube (who fix bugs before most people see them) is not their thing, but just two minor updates of a game with serious issues is just odd to me.
    I still get screwed every time I play by the player value mess. "I am happy with this asking price" ... " Oh no wait, it is actually 3x too high, now I am mad."

• Administrators

We cannot offer micro patches as each patch we release covers a multitude of fixes in all corners of the game. It's something we'd like to explore and improve upon, but at the moment we can't be as frequent as a lot of people would like, it wouldn't be practical. 

I'm truly sorry it's taken this long, I play lower leagues myself so I recognise the importance, I can only ask you to all show patience for just a little while longer.

If I could give you a concrete day for an update I would, but I'm not at liberty to discuss that publicly. 

Kyle, I know this isn't your fault but honestly - you said in the middle of December "we are working to ensure it's resolved as quickly as possible" and we're about 12 weeks on.  This isn't being fixed - it's a broken game for LLM and it's going to stay broken.

On 01/02/2022 at 11:52, Kyle Brown said:

We cannot offer micro patches as each patch we release covers a multitude of fixes in all corners of the game. It's something we'd like to explore and improve upon, but at the moment we can't be as frequent as a lot of people would like, it wouldn't be practical. 

I'm truly sorry it's taken this long, I play lower leagues myself so I recognise the importance, I can only ask you to all show patience for just a little while longer.

If I could give you a concrete day for an update I would, but I'm not at liberty to discuss that publicly. 

Fair enough you took the time to reply, thank you for that. 

I know that it would be not that good to do multiple minor patches, but this is broken since the day beta came out. The only joy that I, and a lot of others (+ you), had with FM is to build a club from zero. And it's really sad to see that it's still not possible while it's February. 

I hope you could fix this with the next patch, but my hopes are getting lower and lower to be honest. 

• Administrators

I appreciate it's been a while, but hopefully better late than never.

We made some changes in the Winter update and we think we've got this resolved now. 

If you are playing the game over the next few days, please do let us know if our changes have been successful.

I'm sorry once again for the length of time this took, can only thank you all for your patience. 

55 minutes ago, Kyle Brown said:

I appreciate it's been a while, but hopefully better late than never.

We made some changes in the Winter update and we think we've got this resolved now. 

If you are playing the game over the next few days, please do let us know if our changes have been successful.

I'm sorry once again for the length of time this took, can only thank you all for your patience. 

Dear Kyle, this is highly appreciated. Got a old-school LAN party this weekend and I will let you know for sure mate!