• Players always running wide

abcdf
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

I do not understand how it is possible that the game, today, 17th of February 2022, has alpha/beta stage unplayable match engine, 20 times worse than Fm 2021 that was already far from perfect. How could you release a game and make people pay full price for a broken ME, that is still broken 5 (FIVE) months after release?

Players, even when they play on the side of their weaker foot, always (AND I SAY ALWAYS) go to the touchline, turn around, and pass backwards. Sometimes they also cross with their weak foot, just to make everything even less realistic. Also players that have the "cuts inside" trait, set up as invertend wingers, everybody just does that dumb stuff. They have plenty of space to cut inside, they simply do not. I wonder how is this ME a representation of anything even close to a football match. Players just running to the line and turning back. That is the whole ME of the game 5 months after release. Nobody cared to look into this GAME BREAKING issue before release? Nobody noticed? It was evident to me after playing the game for 5 minutes, the developers who built the whole thing did not notice it?

Let me say that, just embarassing and shameful, 50 euros for a pre-beta stage game.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• Administrators

As detailed in the thread attached below, we are committed to making changes, but the complexity of the match engine means it isn't a quick fix, or something we can solve overnight. 

The movement of IW and IF is something that has been heavily criticised, it's not something we are about to ignore. 

6 ore fa, Kyle Brown ha scritto:

As detailed in the thread attached below, we are committed to making changes, but the complexity of the match engine means it isn't a quick fix, or something we can solve overnight. 

The movement of IW and IF is something that has been heavily criticised, it's not something we are about to ignore. 

I get that it is complex Kyle, but I find the game barely playable at the moment because of this issue.

if making changes to match engine is complex, and I get it, then release a game every other year and not every year.

It is impossible to deal with the current status of the match engine.

21 hours ago, Kyle Brown said:

Don't just talk about the difficulties of fixing the match engine.
     Think about making it right one time. 
    With every year release for the past decade, how come there are so many bugs each time?
     Do you properly review before releasing?
    Edited by Choi seung won

the attacking players till dont atempt to dribble at all, all the winter patch did was increase the amount of passing back or trying though balls to the middle, but attacking wide players till dont dribble at all, u know dribble .. that thing that neymar jr is internationally known for? .. he rarely does it ingame ... all he does is passing no feints or dribbles at all, even when playing as a IW/attackg with dribble more, instead of IF/attack that gives a locked "take more risks" in passing, so even when u instruct him to focus more in dribbling over passing .. he still wont do it.

The movement and intelligence of IFs and generally crossing (that includes attackers making stupid decisions to head the ball to the keeper from stupid distances or angles instead of heading across the box to find a player for example, and also the lack of) in the game as a whole has been absolutely dreadful since as far back as FM 19, as well as other things, but this is the main bit for me.

I will give FM 23 a go in a last hope that i can actually experience a fix to something which has completely dissolved any joy i get from a long term save any more. If FM 23 does not fix any of these issues then i will be retiring from virtual management permanently :)

Edited by Passion Fruit