• IF/IW with ball

david_kax
    • Public Status: Known Issue Files Uploaded: None

I know it has already been reported but I wanted to do a deeper analysis of the problem to try to help find a solution.

The off ball game is excellent, no doubt, but with ball there is a big problem:

1 When an IF / IW receives the ball, they have an exaggerated passing tendency, sometimes running wide and almost never running inside with ball.

2 IF / IW do not dribble inside almost never, the dribbles that try are usually very far from the box or running to the wide, they rarely dribble looking for the goal.

3 When an attacker receives the ball heeled in the box, passes, shoot without angle or runs towards the baseline to cross, they never cut or dribble inside looking for more angle and strong leg.

4 IF / IW in particular but all attackers in general play cowardly when they have the ball. In counterattacks, 1 vs 1 situations, or with the ball near the box, they rarely seek to dribble or cut inside, it is as if their first thought was the pass and the last thought was the goal... It seems that as soon as they have an opponent close they feel fear, they are scared at the possibility of facing him and they prefer to pass the ball or run towards the wide.

Solutions:

1 IF / IW should have a greater tendency to run cutting inside and dribble inside to shoot than tendency to pass.

2 More tendency to dribble near the box looking for the goal.

3 When an attacker receives a weak leg at a low angle in the box, he should frequently try to cut looking his strong leg to shoot.

4 The attackers have to be more courageous with the ball. In counterattacks, 1 vs 1 situations and with spaces especially, but in general, when they have the ball they should not panic and pass the ball or run wide every time they have a defender in front, much more often they have to try to leave behind defenders by dribbling to enter into the box and shoot.

Please, do not miss this issue. It makes players like Mbappé, Salah, Vinicius or Neymar unrecognizable and prevents many players from developing our football. It is very good that lovers of the passing football can make their players prefer the pass to dribbling in case of doubt, but counterattack and skills lovers want to be able to develop a more quick football and that our attackers have as their first option the dribble or the goal and not always the pass.

I think SI Games does a great job with the game, don't ignore this issue, please, don't let the IF / IWs ball play get destroyed just because ME works well on other things. A few matches are enough to realize that they almost never dribble or cut inside.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

hace 28 minutos, littledragon84 dijo:

You make a lot of good points, it's at the stage now there's no point in playing a tactic with IW/IF 

Let's hope they fix it.

It is sad that IF/IW roles only works off ball and that they have left forgotten in this FM the dribblings, the cuts to inside and the bravery of the attackers when they have the ball.

• SI Staff

We have been aware of the issues mentioned with Inverted Wingers & Inside Forwards this year. It's something we're working on internally and will continue striving to get working more as we would like these roles to function.

On 04/01/2022 at 23:18, Michael Sant said:

We have been aware of the issues mentioned with Inverted Wingers & Inside Forwards this year. It's something we're working on internally and will continue striving to get working more as we would like these roles to function.

Hi Michael, can you give a rough estimate on when the next update addressing this issue is likely to be released. I really want to get back to playing my save but I'm holding off for this fix.

44 dakika önce, gm23 said:

Hi Michael, can you give a rough estimate on when the next update addressing this issue is likely to be released. I really want to get back to playing my save but I'm holding off for this fix.

I agree. It would be nice to know if we should at least wait for the winter transfer update or hope for a match engine patch before that.

I agree, an ETA of the fix would be most welcome. We wait since the beta so I guess we can wait longer if needed, assuming it will be fixed at all. Maybe a minor patch of that specific problem early? No?

• Administrators

I'm really sorry but we can't disclose potential update days, even if we do ourselves know them. 

It adds unnecessary stress on the Dev team to make a deadline that may not actually be possible. I know it's frustrating, and it's not the answer you want, but all I can say in the meantime is that we appreciate your patience so far. As soon as it's ready, we'll get it prepped for release. 

hace 1 hora, Kyle Brown dijo:

I'm really sorry but we can't disclose potential update days, even if we do ourselves know them. 

It adds unnecessary stress on the Dev team to make a deadline that may not actually be possible. I know it's frustrating, and it's not the answer you want, but all I can say in the meantime is that we appreciate your patience so far. As soon as it's ready, we'll get it prepped for release. 

I personally appreciate the words of Michael and Kyle.

I like knowing that SI Games is not resigned to these roles not working properly with the ball.

I will be patient and hope in the next update we can see IF/IW play with more bravery, cut inside running with the ball and dribbling much more.