• Ridiculous Contract Requests / Needs Improvement w Interactions etc.

RDF Tactics
    • Public Status: Need More Info Screenshot: Files Uploaded: Screenshot

It happens every first season you manage Liverpool. I'm not sure it's a bug but it certainly doesn't feel right. This isn't isolated neither. 

Jacob Poytress, 0 u23 appearances. 0 first-team appearances. Wants emergency backup and is starting negotiations at  £21k per week. From £775, he now wants £21k (this isn't isolated). He has no agent and doesn't want to talk about anything under £19k per week, which is still a ridiculous amount of money.

He then moans about not getting it. And the worse thing, you can't even tell him that he's simply asking for too much money. The interaction at this point I believe isn't great. The answer you want to give is never there. This player should understand he's asking for too much based on what others in his squad status are getting. I should be able to tell him I'm not offering that much because A) he hasn't played a single game for any of the LFC teams B) compared to others his squad status, he is asking for too much.

But instead, the options I have aren't what I actually want to say. Even in situations where you literally can't afford what they're asking for, the player should recognise you aren't in a financial position to offer.  You don't have the option to say "I would love to give you a new contract but as you're aware, the clubs financial situation doesn't allow that right now but I promise your contract is a priority when the funds are available" or something along those lines. The player should recognise you aren't in a financial position to be offering contracts rather than be completely oblivious about it.

image.thumb.jpeg.091a98ae6937c1c9ffee370783658a6c.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.d544aa9cb44ef60072e324d84bce24c0.jpeg

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

Hello @RDF Tactics

Can you please upload your save file showing this (Ideally one of before asks for/is offered a new contract)

Because I started a Liverpool save file, offered Jacob Poytress a new contract and he only wanted 1.1k.

Screenshot 2024-01-30 110950.png

Uploaded the save game "Insane contract demands"

Cesare Casadei, actual playing time of fringe player, expects a Squad Player status, first season not out on loan and in the first team, earns £35k p/w. Demands Regular Starter and wants £450k p/w.

Screenshot of Diogo Costa who wants £1.4m p/w. Granted he's at a Saudi club, but it's pretty stupid that a player that young and that highly rated would go to Saudi Arabia in the first place.

Edit: Forgot to mention I am using the realism mod, don't know if that would make a difference. But these contract demands happen in unmodded saves too.

Cesare Casadei 1.jpg

Cesare Casadei 2.jpg

Diogo Costa.jpg

Edited by Smoo

• SI Staff

Hi @Smoo

Looking at your save you have lots of money and the IGE enabled, did you give yourself a boost in finances?

If so, that is most likely the reason. 

1 hour ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Hello @RDF Tactics

Can you please upload your save file showing this (Ideally one of before asks for/is offered a new contract)

Because I started a Liverpool save file, offered Jacob Poytress a new contract and he only wanted 1.1k.

Screenshot 2024-01-30 110950.png

He came to me with the request. I can do it again because he requests a new contract every save I do.

I don't know how much he asks for without him demanding a new contract. But he demands one every save and if you try to negotiate with him, this is his starting figure

14 minutes ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Hi @Smoo

Looking at your save you have lots of money and the IGE enabled, did you give yourself a boost in finances?

If so, that is most likely the reason. 

Nope, that's all transfer sales from the summer.

Edit: In fact, I used the IGE to remove my transfer budget, because I find it highly unrealistic to have an £800m transfer budget but only £400m in the bank.

And Wesley Fofana is now wanting a new contract, exactly the same £450k p/w. Which coincidentally is how much Reece James agreed to a few weeks prior this.

Edited by Smoo

38 minutes ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Can you make a separate thread @Smoo

As this thread was not initially yours.

@RDF Tacticsif your able to get us a save from before the player comes asking for a new contract that would be ideal.

How do I upload the file as I see no option to edit my post or add saved game

Edited by RDF Tactics

@Zachary Whyte But here he is again with the same request. Every save I do with LFC - he requests around Jan/Feb without a fail. He doesn't have an agent but always requests around £20k a week.

I have the save game up to this point too. Using no add-ons/database or anything like that. And must stress, this isn't isolated with just this player. I have mentioned this back on the Feedback thread where it does this with some players. They request way above what seems to be realistic. A lot with younger players in u23s too. Some asking to jump from under £1k to anything from £10k upwards without contributing anything to the first team. Sometimes, like this goalkeeper, doesn't even play games in the u23s. He has 0 u23 appearances 

20240130150245_1.thumb.jpg.98f2707248403343fe5a9740a1062cc0.jpg

20240130150313_1.thumb.jpg.c5114de48ebab45e35a3b9cdb5c3ed11.jpg

Edited by RDF Tactics

On my Bayern save thats already uploaded because of the scouting problems, I repeatedly had youth players demanding 30/40K+ as their first contract at 15/16.

Admittedly they were always the very high potential newgens, but it did seem ridiculous for a 15 year old to be demanding 45k a week as a pre-contract agreement. 

On 30/01/2024 at 17:27, Zachary Whyte said:

Thank you for the saves, if you have any more examples like this please let us know.

What added information does this need?

Would be really cool if it was looked at.