• negative scouting budgets

The About Average Jake
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

As you can see from the screenshots, my team are in a lot of dept and I now have a negative scout budget.

I no longer have an active scout range but my scouts continue to go to work finding players, further increasing the negative budget. Surely all scouting should stop until I tell them otherwise.

I can't spend money I've not got on wages or transfers but somehow the scouts can run up a massive bill despite me telling them not too. 

How they've spent 40k in only a couple of months is beyond me and this in itself seems excessive and needs tweaking, especially in the lower leagues. 

Football Manager Screenshot 2023.12.03 - 09.37.25.29.png

Football Manager Screenshot 2023.12.03 - 09.37.42.94.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Has this been fixed yet? I've managed two teams and each has had this issue. Both are low league - Dover & Darlington and nothing, including removing the recruitment staff, and deleting all assignments makes much difference to money being deducted from the scouting budget. current season with Darlington, no scouting, only a chief scout, and no assignments started with a scouting budget of £20k, and after 30 games they've spent £30k doing no scouting at all. 

• Administrators

Sorry for the lack of response here, it was one we were investigating behind the scenes - we've got it under investigation to make changes to in future updates. In the meantime, if you're still encountering this sort of issue then can I ask to double check that the 'Keep shortlist up to date" is selected, as we found in most cases that was the cause behind it all. 

5 hours ago, Kyle Brown said:

Sorry for the lack of response here, it was one we were investigating behind the scenes - we've got it under investigation to make changes to in future updates. In the meantime, if you're still encountering this sort of issue then can I ask to double check that the 'Keep shortlist up to date" is selected, as we found in most cases that was the cause behind it all. 

Thanks for the response. I'll bear that in mind for future saves. 

Edited by The About Average Jake

12 часов назад, Kyle Brown сказал:

please tell me where is the "keep shortlist"?

Can safely say been having this same issue with scouting recruitments cancelled & keep shortlist up to date unticked & they still keep spending ridiculous amounts of money. i regularly get between half a dozen & a dozen scout reports that are from out of the scouting area, initially set to Asia, even after this ends up with None selected as there is no money left in the scouting budget but I still keep losing money.

i have the same issue.

shortlist update is NOT ticked.

no assignment is ongoing, no scouting package owned and my scout keep wasting 40k!

any suggestion would be much appreciated

I've moved on to another club, Doesn't seem as big a problem so perhaps its been fixed  but to answer the question no "keep reports up to date" is not turned on. Play this game for years and used every setting I could before eventually just turning scouting off and sacking all the scouts.

I've had the same problems. Dof keep suggesting targets from all over the world and draining the budget. In a new save I was dead set on not using a dog because of this. Instead my assistant managers keep giving target suggestion and again draining my budget. 

Mad as **** I started looking for why this was, and I think I found it.

Go to staff, responsibilities, advice and reports. At the top there are three roll downs. Analyst reports, staff meeting and... player target frequency. It's set on every week, I changed it to never. And now I don't get any more expensive reports.

EDIT: It didnt work. Assistant manager is still doing his own thing and draining the scouting budget.

Edited by lilljons