• Can't fine/issue a warning after a match

krajcik38
    • Public Status: Info Provided Files Uploaded: None

Hi.

Missing interaction from the last FM versions where if a player played below 6.4 rating in a match you'd have an option to repramend the player with an intraction Where you either issued a warning or give hime a fine from 1 day up to 2 weeks.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

this is absolutely ridiculous and a BIG backward step how on earth are you meant to improve determination if you cannot discipline them for poor preformance !!!!!!

i have had multiple grumblings from players and a team meeting bitching cos they basically moaned about me shouting at them for poor performance when a simple official warning or fine would have nipped in the bud.

in fact i have carried my save over from fm23 just to get used to fm24 and its a world beating team and i would say a lot of world class players have just started undeepreforming and if i hadnt been 10points clear when i swapped over i would be nowhere near winning the prem its like they have all dropped tools 

Screenshot (29).png

Edited by getthetowelout

13 hours ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Hi, this is as intended - this feature has been removed for FM24 after discussion with PFA.

I understand the fines side of things. PFA is 100% right on that. But the verbal warning could have stayed. It was useful tool to boost player's determination. Is there a possibility we'd have this specific part of the feature back for full game release?

• SI Staff
    2 hours ago, getthetowelout said:

this is absolutely ridiculous and a BIG backward step how on earth are you meant to improve determination if you cannot discipline them for poor preformance !!!!!!

i have had multiple grumblings from players and a team meeting bitching cos they basically moaned about me shouting at them for poor performance when a simple official warning or fine would have nipped in the bud.

in fact i have carried my save over from fm23 just to get used to fm24 and its a world beating team and i would say a lot of world class players have just started undeepreforming and if i hadnt been 10points clear when i swapped over i would be nowhere near winning the prem its like they have all dropped tools 

Determination was never meant to be ''improved'' by fining a player. Determination is an attribute that very rarely goes up in game via mentoring or a players development.

Warning/fining for poor performance would not have had any impact on that, that's not how it worked.

As you are not legally allowed to discipline players for poor performance in real life the PFA told us we needed to remove it from the game. You can still tell a player that you'll drop them from the team for under performance (discuss - warn player - criticise recent form).

Russell

• SI Staff
    2 minutes ago, krajcik38 said:

I understand the fines side of things. PFA is 100% right on that. But the verbal warning could have stayed. It was useful tool to boost player's determination. Is there a possibility we'd have this specific part of the feature back for full game release?

That's not what it was designed to do and shouldn't have been doing, it was turned down for FM23, but we've had to remove the option. No, it will not be coming back as you legally are not allowed to do that. You can still tell a player that you'll drop them from the team for under performance (discuss - warn player - criticise recent form).

Cheers,
    Russell

1 minute ago, Russell Hammant said:

That's not what it was designed to do and shouldn't have been doing, it was turned down for FM23, but we've had to remove the option. No, it will not be coming back as you legally are not allowed to do that. You can still tell a player that you'll drop them from the team for under performance (discuss - warn player - criticise recent form).

Cheers,
    Russell

Understood.

Cheers