• Excessive Major injuries

ootek
    • Public Status: Info Provided Screenshot: Mbappeinjs1.html Files Uploaded: Screenshot

playing with PSG, Mbappe had 3 major injuries (6 total) in first season, including 2 broken legs.

he only played in a total of 10 apps for the season.

Mbappe inj s1.html

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

15 hours ago, larsson-is-god said:

4 of my team have damaged cruciate ligaments from in-match incidents after 5 league games - surely that’s not right?

sound like bad luck

16 hours ago, Michael Sant said:

While I appreciate you're unhappy with the situation, it isn't something we'd consider to be a bug. If every season at PSG Mbappe was getting double broken legs, that would make sense to look into further on our side. It's unfortunate, it can happen in football and in this instance has. You may well be the only instance of this in the 6/7 figure number of seasons started so far. You can definitely advocate for your view, and certainly a lot of arguments surrounding realism is valid. Keep in mind though the most unrealistic thing to ever happen in the FM series is allowing a player to be the manager of a football team.

i'm not really invested in the save game, it was season 1 of a beta save. but what happened was bizarre and unrealistic and i thought it should be mentioned.  in a game/sport so heavily reliant on data i would've expected an answer referencing some sort of hard data, that's all.  

your last sentence is a real head scratcher, especially considering player coaches/managers have (and do) existed since the creation of sport...how that has any relevance is beyond me.

unlesss you were being snide, of course.

This is not a bug. Stop crying. If you don't like your players being injured, use the in-game editor to heal them and cheat. Goodness me...

By the way, I have opened a feature request for 1:1 injuries that actually simulate real-life and I see there are other players also requesting this. I really miss the old times.

It’s not the rate or frequency of injuries that is concerning, it’s the frequency of MAJOR injuries that does not seem right.

If you want an accurate count of injuries like IRL, then make it as such. Sure calf strains, groin strains, tight muscles, bruised shins and feet happen every week. Every day even. Broken legs don’t. Neither do ACLs and it’s not normal for multiple players on the same team to have these all happen at once unless they are training on concrete.

Has any one of you gotten a double hernia from lifting weights??? Ever heard of anyone who has? According to FM, this is really common.

21 hours ago, pokeboy_808 said:

It’s not the rate or frequency of injuries that is concerning, it’s the frequency of MAJOR injuries that does not seem right.

If you want an accurate count of injuries like IRL, then make it as such. Sure calf strains, groin strains, tight muscles, bruised shins and feet happen every week. Every day even. Broken legs don’t. Neither do ACLs and it’s not normal for multiple players on the same team to have these all happen at once unless they are training on concrete.

Has any one of you gotten a double hernia from lifting weights??? Ever heard of anyone who has? According to FM, this is really common.

well done, lad, you've actually comprehended the jist of this thread! 

22 hours ago, tonidopa said:

This is not a bug. Stop crying. If you don't like your players being injured, use the in-game editor to heal them and cheat. Goodness me...

By the way, I have opened a feature request for 1:1 injuries that actually simulate real-life and I see there are other players also requesting this. I really miss the old times.

the only "complaint" is the nature of the injuries and whether or not the types of injuries are REALISTIC,  NOT frequency alone.  REALISM is what we're all hoping for when we boot up this game otherwise we'd play FIFA or whatever, so lets get off the high horse and simply discuss what constitutes REALISM not possibilities or rng, shall we? 

i've asked for data (in-game or IRL) and all i've seen is one gentleman suggest that the game has about 80% of real world injury rate. not much detail there though. still no answer on whether or not the scouting note "injury prone" means anything or not. or whether or not there are players "less prone" to injuries. these are all questions of REALISM. 

we could start with current real world numbers...it's fairly simple to got to transfermarkt and browse the injury tables of the top 5 major European clubs, here's a link for Ligue 1 - https://www.transfermarkt.us/ligue-1/verletztespieler/wettbewerb/FR1

not a single broken leg, yet i see such injuries as "horse kiss". anyone ever had a player with "horse kiss"? it's obviously possible IRL.

yes, it's a snapshot of ONE season, but at least it's real world data. 

so you're preaching to the choir if you're asking for realism, but let's not confuse possiblities with realism. unless you're trying to sell lottery tickets.

Citing IRL injury stats is a pure cop out of the question at hand. Simulation or not, enduring frequent same position and excessive major injuries that are almost comically timed is just not fun and I question why it's even a possibility to this extent? 

I've just finished a string of matches where I had my first GK out for 5 weeks with a broken hand and just as he returned to partial training, my back up keeper was taken out for 2-3 months with a dislocated shoulder after being struck by the ball in a match. I'd already brought up my youth keeper to fill the gap but in the match it happened, it was 80+ minutes in and I'd already used my 3 subs so had to scrape through with an outfield player in the net.

That match was the 7th Dec, I managed to grab another GK so only had 1 match with the youth GK and no backup but I was lucky to have the wage budget to sign another straight away. Except then my first pick ST (5-8 weeks) and backup shadow striker (3 days) I subbed on to replace were injured in the same match on the 1st of Jan. Since then there have been no matches and I've done nothing but change all training intensity to half unless 100% condition and advanced the game time to the 9th. I picked up 6 injuries in this time, first pick winger (hip - 3-4 months) and first pick shadow striker (hamstring 3 weeks) most notably. Sure the minors and slights are 6 days tops but guess who has 3 matches coming up in the next 7 days? The knock-on effect of 12 injuries in a month and the awful micromanagement needed to deal with it (especially with only 3 subs available in Vanarama) just aren't fun.

The Eastleigh match was also the 2nd match this season where the replacement sub was also injured, and the 3rd match with 2 injuries. The first 2 of these double injury matches had both a major and moderate injury, where the 3rd had only  a major and slight.

Stating an 80% injury rate compared to real leagues and saying there isn't an issue just shuts out any discussion on how those figures are actually reached. I don't mind managing a run of bad injuries but turn the 'instant meat grinder' switch down a bit boys, jesus christ.

image.thumb.png.640c471e92aa77b49acaed2805ebd3ff.png

EDIT: First match of the 7 day triple header continuing from above and my 2nd choice SS is out for 4-5 weeks, lol.

Edited by JJG12

• SI Staff

This issue was posted on the basis of Kylian Mbappe suffering 2 broken legs and 3 major injuries in total. Reviewing that as it is presented is how we'd look at it. 

One player having an unfortunate series of injuries isn't the same subject matter as claiming there are too many substantial injuries across the board. Separate issues regarding injuries in a different manner would need their own thread so they can be assessed independently with a save game before the run of injuries so we can test it and see what happens.

18 hours ago, Michael Sant said:

This issue was posted on the basis of Kylian Mbappe suffering 2 broken legs and 3 major injuries in total. Reviewing that as it is presented is how we'd look at it. 

One player having an unfortunate series of injuries isn't the same subject matter as claiming there are too many substantial injuries across the board. Separate issues regarding injuries in a different manner would need their own thread so they can be assessed independently with a save game before the run of injuries so we can test it and see what happens.

this was posted on the basis of a series of "unrealistic" events that occured in a simulation of "realistic" events so a discussion could be started to allow others to share their experiences and determine if indeed there is an issue that needs to be investigated. 

I was looking for something to see if there is a bug in the frequency of injuries and I came across this post with these ridiculous arguments.
    I've been playing FM since the first game and I played CM before, FM 2024 is an injury simulator, in a week of light training in the pre-season I had 8 players injured in one week... never in the history of football in real life has this happened to a team none in the world. Coming across injuries during the season is ok but what happens on FM 24 is simply ridiculous and unrealistic.

Whoever thinks it's normal and fun to play a football simulator like this should try playing a hospital simulator, it's more the style of game they like

This season i have had a players with a broken hand, broken leg and broken ankle.  It's interesting that the broken leg was in a match but the opposition player didn't get sent off.  It just made me think i don't remember ever seeing a player get sent off in FM after injuring another play in match

image.thumb.png.ae46aa223d73f419720e2d1bed8dbad0.png

I have just checked across the division and there are currently 8 players injured with broken or fractured bones.  While i can accept the rate of injuries is less that real life most real life injuries are minor there are way too many major injuries 

On 11/11/2023 at 00:39, Michael Sant said:

Srry for reviving this post, but I had 6 major injuries in just one season in my first save after the last update, and Im doing the same trainings and all. Have there been any changes regarding this lately? or anything its the same and maybe its just my sugestion?

Its better if I create a new post about this?

Edited by johnnycarvajal1