• Can't edit U21 tactics

NoHolyBanana
    • Public Status: Known Issue Screenshot: Save Game: Johnny Lagg - MK Dons.fm Files Uploaded: Save Game, Screenshot

My board gave me my U21 team a few years ago I think when I entered the championship, and I have control of them, but I can't change their tactics or lineup. I tried sacking all of my U21 coaching staff, it it still says "You cannot change tactics for this team as they are handled by (coach name)". My U18 team works fine and I can edit their lineup and everything. It has been like this since I got the U21 team, but I've been too lazy to write a bug report. 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I have the exact same issue and appears to been around since last year's game
    I'm running on the most recent update FM24

image.thumb.png.27f9140fe31cadef78e9fb3212f2af7b.png

Same issue here and its driving me nuts. Worked for so long to get this team promoted so I could have more youth players, but now I can't even train them properly because of this bug.

• SI Staff

Hello, this is a known issue we're currently investigating.

There is a work around although its not ideal, if you retire as your current manager and then 'Add New Manager' to re-join the club.

You will then have the option to select an U23 Tactic. 

Figured I'd throw another file on the pile (Kalam-Belenenses.fm) in the hopes this can be solved. The U23s using players from the U19s that have not been made available and getting them injured is really frustrating. (Belarmino Blackwell in the U19s for an example).

Edited by KalamMekhar

I can confirm this has not been resolved but there's an easy workaround to selecting your U21s and U18s tactic from a drop-down menu (it still works).

Just follow these steps:

1. Make sure you delegate all training (global and individual) for the U21s and U18s to your youth team staff (this will make the fast access icons to the left of the main screen disappear).

2. Make sure you have the desired tactics as an option for your first-team squad in your main tactics screen.

3. Through your development center screen, acess the tactics screen for either your U21s or U18s. There you will see a simplified tactics menu with a drop-down option with all the tactics that are available to your first-team. Select as you wish.

4. Now you can revert to manually training your U21s and U18s and the selected tactic will be the default for those squads, even if it doesn't match your first team's.

Hope this helps.