• AI squad building is still terrible, seems exactly the same as FM 23

abcdf
    • Public Status: Info Provided Files Uploaded: None

Now, if a feature is indicated as "headline" I do expect major changes in that regard. While AI squad building still seems as terrible as last year, after 1 year of playing I cannot spot any differences at all. I once again outline the major issues:

- AI manager do little rotations with their starting eleven, and their preferences for players are very sticky. Many first team players are left out to make 1-2 appearances as subs in the whole season.

- AI managers still seem to care only about CA-reputation when choosing which players to use, completely disregarding PA and player development.

- Unused youngsters are still left to rust on the sides for years. Even if they do not play them, they often do not offer them for loan leaving them to rust on the sides, or in their B team forever

- Even when youngsters ARE offered for loan, they encounter little to no interest from other teams

The 2 issues above still lead to teams having XL first teams because they are unable to loan a good amount of the young players they have.

- AI transfers logic is still terrible. I often see managers spending loads of money for players that end up NEVER playing. And by never I really mean never, like 2-3 appearences as subs per year. And the funny thing is, after a whole season of never playing, they do not sell them, so those players end up basically never playing for 3-4 years in a row, something which I have barely ever seen happening IRL.

Now, this is not ok SI. Please fix the AI. You said there would have been major improvements. So far, I have seen none.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

On 22/12/2023 at 17:38, Zachary Whyte said:

This is something I have raised internally but we would need save games with examples to examine. In the saves we've been sent so far we were unable to reproduce the issue.

Really? This bug refers to every club in every save. How many years do you need to reproduce it? 

I can provide you with 100 of saves if you want...

Today I created a new game on steam game with every udates. Screens below

On 21/12/2023 at 17:40, Zachary Whyte said:

Hi @tezcatlipoca665 we're happy with how Squad Building is currently working, unlikely we'll be making any further changes to it for FM24.

Happy with this?

image.thumb.png.d03fc78955bf1fd5e34aa5cf08846126.png

image.thumb.png.64ec9f07b708832d18aea5b43581f23d.png

HALF A YEAR AFTER - NO REAL CHANGES. 

You said that:

On 06/12/2023 at 17:39, Zachary Whyte said:

Before the update, the Team Selector over used the match priority which would see the AI play there strongest available team, this resulted in rotation not occurring when there would have been opportunities to do so. 

But until now - AI managers play only strongest 11 with no subs and no rotation. So I don't really understand HOW CAN YOU BE HAPPY WITH THIS?

Maybe we should give up on waiting for FM24 fixes and just buy FM25 preorder? 

Will this bug be fixed in FM25 or we need to wait for FM30?

FM can be a textbook example of how the lack of competition affects the company and the development of its products. Since the collapse of the FIFA MANAGER series, SI has no motivation to create quality games.

• SI Staff

Hi @astralski

The issue your raising in your screenshots is with Youth teams not playing their lesser players/full squad.

This is a known issue we have logged but not one we were able to resolve in this FM cycle sadly.

But the issues raised initially in this thread have since been resolved or improved upon throughout the FM24 cycle with our updates.

For instance see the examples of AI clubs playing/developing young talent I put into the feedback thread recently.