• Unable to remove Brexit

Roy Race 9
    • Public Status: Info Provided Files Uploaded: None

Found issues adding Agreements if you press add it only registers one entry, try adding a second it fails

this was the same last year but got around it by copying the Agreements from a country in EU and pasting it.

also there were additional helpers in FM23 specific Brexit rules - not displaying in advanced rules in FM24[but the rules are showing in game, hope they are not hard coded this time]

managed to add the agreements back by editing the agreements directly rather than the nation

[however in game Brexit still remains anyone been able to reverse it this year, never had an issue previously ]

image.thumb.png.95bd445cecdfb756638146e8ddc9ecaa.png

image.thumb.png.f26c9201f318d90fe6797cd8e28225aa.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

This editor is really buggy

press the add entry it actually removes  part of the original entry [start date removed]

try to duplicate nothing happens at all have to press multiple times 

image.thumb.png.e83ad45f08563f038e235700eafffb83.png

it took 9 attempts to get this added -the entries show

in changes but nothing was showing on the agreement page

image.thumb.png.e56fd8f65acf78dde5d78c571bb7c6e9.png

and even trying this the nation does not re join the EU

no brexit.fmf

Edited by Roy Race 9

That is a good question why you have those lines while I don't have those. 
    Can you share your editor version? It can be found under File >> About. My version is 24.1.0+1922242 and as far as I can see I have no updates pending.

The only way I can create those lines under England >> Information >> Agreements is by adding England to the European Union Agreement.
    I do not change data under England, except that I have added the start date of England in the EU.

I have added the file I created just now here. This is the way I have previously added the UK (England and the others) to the EU in FM22 and 23.
    I can confirm that this does not remove Brexit from the game like it did for me in FM22 and FM23
    That, at least for England and the other Home Nations means that Agreement Changes are not picked up in the game, or something coding wise or in the game-rules overrules the agreement change.

From an editor point of view I can't explain in any other way than that Brexit seems to be hardcoded now, or at least overwriting the agreements changes from the editor.

Brexit avoided.fmf

19 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

That is a good question why you have those lines while I don't have those. 
    Can you share your editor version? It can be found under File >> About. My version is 24.1.0+1922242 and as far as I can see I have no updates pending.

The only way I can create those lines under England >> Information >> Agreements is by adding England to the European Union Agreement.
    I do not change data under England, except that I have added the start date of England in the EU.

I have added the file I created just now here. This is the way I have previously added the UK (England and the others) to the EU in FM22 and 23.
    I can confirm that this does not remove Brexit from the game like it did for me in FM22 and FM23
    That, at least for England and the other Home Nations means that Agreement Changes are not picked up in the game, or something coding wise or in the game-rules overrules the agreement change.

From an editor point of view I can't explain in any other way than that Brexit seems to be hardcoded now, or at least overwriting the agreements changes from the editor.

Brexit avoided.fmf

Thanks mate

thinking I removed the brexit dbc file is that the issue, it must be?

same version as yours

image.png.eaee5a0070a42b41efe065d93f1f3ec5.png

On 11/11/2023 at 00:25, Wolf_pd said:

England join EU.fmf

New testfile created. This allows for England to join the EU, so agreement changes are shown when the game is able to trigger them.
    I have not been able to remove the Brexit mention in the Premier League rules in anyway, not even when removing all Work Permit Rules, so this looks to be hardcoded.

9 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

England join EU.fmf

New testfile created. This allows for England to join the EU, so agreement changes are shown when the game is able to trigger them.
    I have not been able to remove the Brexit mention in the Premier League rules in anyway, not even when removing all Work Permit Rules, so this looks to be hardcoded.

need someone from SI to reply and confirm this

On 14/11/2023 at 06:14, Roy Race 9 said:

need someone from SI to reply and confirm this

just need a response from a staff member its been 8 days

we have fixed re adding UK to EU but why are the leagues still maintaining Brexit has occurred is that just something that will continue in game but not be an issue?

cheers

Edited by Roy Race 9

There are many threads here 'open' with no reply from SI [23 bug reports just in the pre game editor forum ]

is it too much to ask to get some feedback:(

Edited by Roy Race 9

• SI Staff
    On 17/11/2023 at 17:27, Roy Race 9 said:

just need a response from a staff member its been 8 days

we have fixed re adding UK to EU but why are the leagues still maintaining Brexit has occurred is that just something that will continue in game but not be an issue?

cheers

Hello @Roy Race 9

Apologies for the late reply. You should be able to edit Brexit after our next game update. 

On 10/12/2023 at 05:33, WhyMe said:

Have you managed to remove brexit after the latest update?  I am still unable to

its fixed there are several ways to do it now

simplest just add the agreements back-start a new save you will see England back in EU 

The only issue is as I/wolfpd pointed out Brexit still shows as happened in league rules[but IMO this is nothing to worry about]

it would be good if a staff member from SI could just confirm this though

cheers

Edited by Roy Race 9