• Edited Nation Name Reset

Mini Trooper 13
    • Public Status: Under Review Save Game: MiniTrooper13.fm Files Uploaded: Save Game

I made a custom database in FM23 which replaced/renamed Gibraltar to Norfolk. I've transferred the save over to FM24 but the country's name has been changed back to Gibraltar in most places. The name of the nationality is correct and in some places it will say Norfolk, including when listing which nation a club/league is in. However in some places, including the name of the national team, it is listed as Gibraltar.

Obviously only a small issue but any help is much appreciated

FM23 screenshots:

image.png.c5bc1555c73f43d245f39e89cf8ebf2f.png

image.thumb.png.719fd87915c2570f91aeb16c6dbec069.png

FM24 screenshots:

image.png.b67ecee612076fc68c86723744bc40d5.png

image.thumb.png.320f6139e3ea8f22cb5d7bfb90633939.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• Administrators

Believe this may be because Gibraltar has been added as a playable league for FM24, so it may have had a knock on effect on carried over edited files. Will pass over to the team to investigate. 

Issue in pregame editor posted that could be related - Nation Short Name re-sets, nation was Luxembourg but issue applies for all nations when testing. 

Seeing that Norfolk and Gibraltar is shown in various places this is very much likely related to the Nation short name being locked/resetting.

I can replicate this also, it is the "Short Name" on the Nation page reverting to the original nation name. The field is editable but the name does not save and once entering a change it will revert; in this case to Ireland (Pre-1922).