• ”short name” of nation that can’t be changed.

JMThought
    • Public Status: Resolved Screenshot: Files Uploaded: Screenshot

When you change the short name of a nation once you click out the box it snaps back to the original. This makes it impossible to change the short name of nations in the editor. 

image.thumb.png.bf9d0b45e4c2022e789da4f23cfbe7fb.png

image.thumb.png.b54fc235cef6f67b44f3c19c09d61da8.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Thanks. Sorry if it was already on the forums I did look but couldn't see it. Good to know it's known. Hoping it's not a difficult fix. I saw there's been an update today, fingers crossed. 

Checked, the update today hasnt fixed this or any of the issues i've seen posted but there is no list/comms so i can't tell you what it has fixed.

On 14/11/2023 at 00:49, DominicForza said:

Glad to know i'm not the only one and that you guys are working on it.  Thanks

Yea it's a pretty huge problem if you want to do anything with nations isn't it. :(

16 hours ago, JMThought said:

Yea it's a pretty huge problem if you want to do anything with nations isn't it. :(

It's pretty annoying.   Last 3 (4?) edition of FM have been the buggiest for me...maybe I'd just been lucky for years prior.     Given the major changes (complete overhaul?) planned for FM25 I may look back at these last few editions with the sentimentality I have for editions from a few years ago. 

Oh well, despite the flaws its still BY FAR the best game at what it does.  

Sigh.

20 hours ago, JMThought said:

Hi guys, please check the editors hideaway. We have a temporarily solution for this. It will need to fixed, but at least you can  continue for now.