• French Guiana newgens not ethnically accurate

Gum
    • Public Status: Open Files Uploaded: None

According to Wikipedia, 14% of the French Guiana population are of European (white) descent, with the rest being of mostly African (black) descent, along with a small Asian community of about 5%. In this screenshot, you can see the French Guiana national team, which is majority black or mixed-race.

image.thumb.jpeg.79e49d410bab5b3e02194c00bf5a82b5.jpeg

However, in the game, the newgens generated from this nation are overwhelmingly white with only a few rare exceptions, which does not realistically line up with the demographic makeup of this nation.

These are just some of many examples:

image.png.c88c99de95e5c4d21834ff084cb45c27.pngimage.png.3bc6ab2bcc395307d71cee71b518b68e.pngimage.png.73ae3eaae8c7568ae0a46a0da99c1d5b.pngimage.png.3837408577976ef7955efc392c72d5f2.pngimage.png.a0cd179ac3792bae187fd583510e6d33.png

In one save I played this year, out of the 19 players I saw in a completely-newgen French Guiana U20 team, only ONE player (5%) was black, which is clearly inaccurate to real life data.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

oriole01

Posted (edited)

From what I've noticed over the years, similar ethnicity-based errors exist in many of the other black-majority Caribbean nations. I'm not entirely sure it's a data issue, as it relates to generated players, but someone in the relevant area at SI should address this.

Edited by oriole01

The problem is second nationalities - these regens occur due to French being the second nationality of all players. I don't have a fix for it, as the newgen ethnicity is set properly in the nation part of the database

@Woodg SI might need to look into it from a coding point of view