• J League stats all over the place

brookoo
    • Public Status: Open Files Uploaded: None

I’ve been so excited waiting for the inclusion of the J-League just to be extremely let down. They have seemed to rank all players way too low even lower than most K-League players when the J-League is comfortably better.

Ryo Hatsuse has been one of the best full backs in the league and Kobe are trying to offload him for nothing at game start.

Douglas and Jay Roy Grot have scored maybe 1 goal each all season and have stats twice as better as Reysol top goalscorer Mao Hosoya.

I don’t understand how they have gotten the ratings so bad, its like they’ve been drawn out of a hat.

Will this be fixed for full release?

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I will attempt to answer the question here. Transfer Values and wages have historically been very low for the j league, no matter how good or bad a player is. Until very recently there have been more elite class korean players but more good japanese players, hence why Korea has a slightly higher CA/PA rate for newer players. Then against Saudi Arabia and Qatar, yes it does feel like Japan is being ranked low when compared with countries that just spend more money, but it is like this in real life, However I have placed room for the league to grow in the coming years as is what has started happening with the new visions and philosophies decided upon the J league this year. teams will start to spend more and the average CA/PA will rise due to teams having more money to spend in a realistic way. 

Now with that said, yes the CA should probably be higher, however when done so most players just move to europe making it another problem to deal with. in terms of the quality of the league, then yes the J.League is subjectively in front of anywhere else  in the playable leagues, but when you factor in finances and the average quality of players that move to europe then Japan falls behind South Korea.

Mao Hosoya is arguably having his best season so far, as good as last season, however the CA/PA was decided quite a while ago as you can imagine had to be decided in advance for this years release, before his form picked up even further. So yes he would get an upgrade for 2024. Jay Roy Grot is another example, an ex U21 netherlands international and before joining reysol was competing at a similar or higher level than the j league. hence why in advance his attributes were weighed higher as he has spent more than just one good season at a competitive level.

I can assure you changes will be made for the 2024 season, and to once again remind you that this is only the first update for a country that pretty much had nothing added at the start. 

Ryo Hatsuse has been one of the better full-backs this season but he was woeful last season. But this season he's back to the form he showed earlier in his career.

As a whole the stats are pretty much based on the end of the 2022 season, rather that what is happening right now this season. Its why Damiao is still appearing as a world-beater for us.

Its a bit disappointing that i will have to wait for February before i can play a realistic J-League save then. Any other league will have up to date stats. 

Wait so the J-League database is the same as the unofficial one i have been using in the past and it won’t be updated in real time like other leagues?

This isn’t me trying to put down your work at all it has been amazing and some of my favourite memories on FM have been due to your database. I just thought since they had a license it would be more real time/live and not updated every season. I thought they would have invested in a team and not relied on the community.

10 hours ago, Robbles Quin ®™ said:

I will attempt to answer the question here. Transfer Values and wages have historically been very low for the j league, no matter how good or bad a player is. Until very recently there have been more elite class korean players but more good japanese players, hence why Korea has a slightly higher CA/PA rate for newer players. Then against Saudi Arabia and Qatar, yes it does feel like Japan is being ranked low when compared with countries that just spend more money, but it is like this in real life, However I have placed room for the league to grow in the coming years as is what has started happening with the new visions and philosophies decided upon the J league this year. teams will start to spend more and the average CA/PA will rise due to teams having more money to spend in a realistic way. 

Now with that said, yes the CA should probably be higher, however when done so most players just move to europe making it another problem to deal with. in terms of the quality of the league, then yes the J.League is subjectively in front of anywhere else  in the playable leagues, but when you factor in finances and the average quality of players that move to europe then Japan falls behind South Korea.

Mao Hosoya is arguably having his best season so far, as good as last season, however the CA/PA was decided quite a while ago as you can imagine had to be decided in advance for this years release, before his form picked up even further. So yes he would get an upgrade for 2024. Jay Roy Grot is another example, an ex U21 netherlands international and before joining reysol was competing at a similar or higher level than the j league. hence why in advance his attributes were weighed higher as he has spent more than just one good season at a competitive level.

I can assure you changes will be made for the 2024 season, and to once again remind you that this is only the first update for a country that pretty much had nothing added at the start. 

Sorry, little confusing last line. Do you mean there will be changes for the full release of the game or changes in the winter transfer update?

but when you factor in finances and the average quality of players that move to europe then Japan falls behind South Korea.

I - uh - what? Apologies in advance if I misunderstood the post but:

These are the players abroad:

https://int.soccerway.com/players/players_abroad/korea-republic/

https://int.soccerway.com/players/players_abroad/japan/

SK literally has one star player and one good player in EPL.
    In Spain there's absolutely nobody.
    In Bundesliga there's a star player, a good player and an average player.
    In France there's one star player
    In Italy there are 0 players.
    That's... literally all the strong korean players existing. 6 players if we count them all. The other ones are average and play in smaller leagues.  Japan has double that amount and if we start to compare smaller leagues, like Belgium, Eredivisie, to compare the average level, there's an abyss.
    So, data suggests that Japan produces stronger players on average...

Edited by Dax_

4 hours ago, Dax_ said:

but when you factor in finances and the average quality of players that move to europe then Japan falls behind South Korea.

I - uh - what? Apologies in advance if I misunderstood the post but:

These are the players abroad:

https://int.soccerway.com/players/players_abroad/korea-republic/

https://int.soccerway.com/players/players_abroad/japan/

SK literally has one star player and one good player in EPL.
    In Spain there's absolutely nobody.
    In Bundesliga there's a star player, a good player and an average player.
    In France there's one star player
    In Italy there are 0 players.
    That's... literally all the strong korean players existing. 6 players if we count them all. The other ones are average and play in smaller leagues.  Japan has double that amount and if we start to compare smaller leagues, like Belgium, Eredivisie, to compare the average level, there's an abyss.
    So, data suggests that Japan produces stronger players on average...

Sorry, should have been more articulate. I meant historically. things have only started to change recently.

it seems like the latest update for the J League there has been a complete physical nerf to the majority of J League players, who now have average pace/stamina of 9-11 maximum (first noticed this as nearly all fullbacks/wingbacks are shown as preferred inverted fullbacks due to their slow pace

This is across a ton of players. If you edit them up, their CA jumps considerably - it almost feels like the players have been min/maxed like the turkish league was