• Southend United

londonshrimper
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

Missing Nick Hayes on loan from Ipswich, Daniel Kanu on loan from Charlton until January and Mauro Vilhete signed on a dual registration from Hayes & Yeading. 

With a transfer embargo in place and a small squad, you need all the players you can get! 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

The goalkeeping coach Jerome John has also moved on and left the club at the end of the season, he still appears listed as GK coach. David Martin appears to have taken this position on when warming up Hayes and Collin (before he got injured). Perhaps he should be down as player/goalkeeping coach.

From my understanding Nick Hayes won't be included as his loan is only for 28 days. Daniel Kanu is until 1st January but from memory as a short term it isn't included. I will need to check this.

I will check with regards to Vilhete but I think the problem will be with it being dual-regristration. I'm not sure how FM accurately represents that. Will follow up on the other point.

Edited by Peter G

Daniel Kanu should be on there surely. Understand re: Nick Hayes.

Vilhete's main team now is Southend United so that should be reflected in the dual-registration. Never seen it on FM before though.

Also has Justin Rees down as chairman with Ron Martin. The club is in takeover talks with a local investor in September 2023 and then completes those talks in October - would be good to see the takeover with Rees completed mid November, and RM off the club's staff page.

34 minutes ago, Peter G said:

Daniel Kanu is until 1st January but from memory as a short term it isn't included.

Sounds like the entire loan system in game is a mess with Non-League as they define the break points as the next transfer window ignoring that it's all one window until March.

Would love to see more accurate backroom staff research for Southend. It's pretty out of date at the moment.

In addition to LS pointing out Jerome John's departure above:

• Matt Barnaby became Stevenage's Head Academy Physio in August 2022
    • Mel Jeffries became Head of Academy Coaching at Leyton Orient in November 2022
    • Mark Patterson became Leyton Orient's Head of Academy in July 2023
    • Luke Wakeling became Wrexham's Academy Strength & Conditioning coach in August 2023

You can get info from the Club Contacts page on the club's website, and the above people all have LinkedIn profiles too. 

I'm also not quite sure how Danny Heath is still not in the game. He's been a prominent part of the club's staff for several years now. He took over management of the U23s for the 2021/22 season and once the Academy funding ran dry and the U23s stopped, he managed the U18s, and is now U19s manager. Basically, he has been the manager of the second most important squad at the club for almost 3 years, so I'm surprised he's not in. You can see the U19s staff on the Club Contacts page that I posted above.

John Still - I feel like it might be worth giving him a secondary job in-game of Chief Scout? He runs the club's scouting network in addition to other DoF duties. It's good to get him involved in recruitment in-game, but it feels like his level of influence on the actual scouting isn't reflected accurately, and perhaps giving him that secondary job of Chief Scout might fix that.

Completely agree. I feel the game has been a let-down this year with Southend United.

The following needs updating:

• Mauro Vilhete added;
    • Daniel Kanu up to January on loan;
    • Beau MacDonald and Ronnie Blake added;
    • Overhaul of the coaching staff moving on those that have left and adding Danny Heath, Oisin Seager and David Martin (player/GK coach) to the club;
    • Embargo being lifted in January; and
    • Takeover being complete with Ron Martin out of the club and Justin Rees and the other consortium members being added.