• A-League Wages and Squad Registration

Tibes
    • Public Status: Open Screenshot: Save Game: A-League Registration FM24.fm Files Uploaded: Save Game, Screenshot

Not as bad as in previous years, but still seeing some issues around contracts/wages and squad registration, mostly with Melbourne City, and players being released due to registration limits. Hamza Sakhi's wage appears to be the biggest problem for City's side.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Still pretty bad imo. NPL B teams are almost entirely on part-time contracts when in reality they are almost entirely on youth contracts or non-contracts.

It's putrid.

Almost all of the contracts are wrong, none of the scholarship players are on SCH contracts, none of the Designated Players are on DP and there is no option to offer a DP or Guest contract, even though they're specifically mentioned in the intro and squad rules, and have been a (broken) thing in A-League since we were added to the game.

So you can't get past the squad registration without your youth team "leaving by mutual consent" because they're not registered - when they're supposed to be exempt from the squad registration rules - because they're supposed to be on SCH contracts or YTH contracts. This also blows out your salary cap.

2252570_20231027131606_1.png

2252570_20231027133105_1.png

2252570_20231027133120_1.png

5 hours ago, efcso1 said:

It's putrid.

Almost all of the contracts are wrong, none of the scholarship players are on SCH contracts, none of the Designated Players are on DP and there is no option to offer a DP or Guest contract, even though they're specifically mentioned in the intro and squad rules, and have been a (broken) thing in A-League since we were added to the game.

So you can't get past the squad registration without your youth team "leaving by mutual consent" because they're not registered - when they're supposed to be exempt from the squad registration rules - because they're supposed to be on SCH contracts or YTH contracts. This also blows out your salary cap.

2252570_20231027131606_1.png

2252570_20231027133105_1.png

2252570_20231027133120_1.png

Happens every release of FM without fail. I always have to fix it myself in the editior. Either properly scout and set up the league and its contracts or just remove the A-League as they dont seem to care at all. Just lazy

As mentioned above, this isn't a new issue. For as long as I remember the game has issues when it comes to registering players. Players will get released, then re-signed, then released again, and then so on.

I'm assuming it's because the registration rules aren't as straight forward as other leagues. However, the frustrating thing is, is that this has been going on for a long time. You would think by now they would have had it fixed.

22 hours ago, mrdano said:

As mentioned above, this isn't a new issue. For as long as I remember the game has issues when it comes to registering players. Players will get released, then re-signed, then released again, and then so on.

I'm assuming it's because the registration rules aren't as straight forward as other leagues. However, the frustrating thing is, is that this has been going on for a long time. You would think by now they would have had it fixed.

The rules are easy if they do the contracts and wages properly

On 27/10/2023 at 18:45, Stanny78 said:

Happens every release of FM without fail. I always have to fix it myself in the editior. Either properly scout and set up the league and its contracts or just remove the A-League as they dont seem to care at all. Just lazy

Same with the Australia Cup having the wrong teams.

I have been informed that the reason for this happening is clear and is data related.

A data change has been created for this. Not by me though, so I can't say for sure if it is included on full release rightaway.

For those who might want to edit this via the editor (I am an editor mod afterall), check if the contract field is empty and put the players on youth contracts.

On 21/10/2023 at 09:54, BlakeL said:

Still pretty bad imo. NPL B teams are almost entirely on part-time contracts when in reality they are almost entirely on youth contracts or non-contracts.

Are you referring to the A-League 2nd sides like Sydney FC 2 or NPL clubs in general?