• The save game could not be loaded

dandavies60
    • Public Status: Resolved Screenshot: Save Game: Dan Davies - Leeds.fm Files Uploaded: Save Game, Screenshot

Hi - I get the same 'the save game could not be loaded' error everytime I try to open my Leeds save. This is the same for the backup version and any previously saved versions aswell.

I'm in season 2, I added additional leagues in december of season 1 and that seemed to work smoothly.

I've uploaded the save + screenshot. 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• Administrators

Afraid it's a known issue when adding additional leagues mid season. We're hoping to have a fix out soon and then the saves will be loadable again.

Gutted, I'd managed to keep Sheff Utd up for a change and we'd just been taken over. It was gearing up to be an all time great save!

Happened to me as well, added a new league mid-season and everything was fine until I quit the game and tried to play again this morning. Now I got the save game could not be loaded message as well...

• Administrators

Afraid I don't have an ETA on a fix, but we're hoping it'll be very soon.

In the meantime, the only real workaround I can offer is loading a previous save that hadn't had the leagues loaded and playing forward from there, hoping there hadn't been too much progress in the interim. 

Hi @Kyle Brown

Trying to get some more info on this as the good news is I have managed to load a save from Dec 29 2024 - the game became unable to load in April 2024

what should I be deleting to be able to avoid this issue from reoccurring?

The next Leagues to be added are

Canada Jan 1

Denmark, Israel Jun 20

Northern Ireland Jun 25

South Africa Jul 15

should I simply delete all these pending updates?

or has one of the new leagues that I added mid-season already affected the save once I get past a certain month?

any guidance would be much appreciated.

cheers

Edited by Fritz13

Why are we being told to use old save files when it seems like no matter what you do the issue simply reoccurs once you get to a certain point of the season - for me it’s the moment Jan 1 arrives.

Edited by Fritz13

16 hours ago, Fritz13 said:

Why are we being told to use old save files when it seems like no matter what you do the issue simply reoccurs once you get to a certain point of the season - for me it’s the moment Jan 1 arrives.

Even if you take the loading of the new leagues off?

Is admittedly a very frustrating.

Start of FM23 was ruined by not being able to register players for continental competitions and now FM24 ruined by this save games not loading bug.

I'm giving it till Monday....then may have to think about a new save :(

The bug happend to me when i added multiple leagues then saved after a few got Loaded in and some didnt Then i tested a bit and it seems to be only the Case when you load Multiple Leagues in and a Couple are added a Couple are not and then you save and Load. so to be safe just Never save the game while not not having any Add/removed league planned

I deleted the pending leagues so it must have been leagues added between say Aug and Dec so absolutely nothing I could do to prevent the problem.

Ah interesting. For me it was fine when I removed all the pending league additions. However, I lost a month of summer transfer window movements and with my loan farm of nearly 40-50 players I CBA to go through it again!