• Game Won't Start on Steam

HurriKANE
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

Starting a new post as requested...

Downloaded game on Steam, clicked "play", button changes to "stop" for a moment, nothing loads, goes back to play. Same result when starting via desktop app or exe file.

Tried uninstalling/reinstalling game, tried verifying game files. No 3rd party anti-virus, tried disabling windows defender, same result. Made sure FM 24 is allowed by windows defender, it is. 

game is installed on ASUS ROG laptop running windows 11 at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common

DxDiag attached. Let me know what other info would be helpful.

DxDiag10.19.txt

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

Can you all try changing your Download Region.

Go to Steam > Settings > Downloads tab
    Under Download region, select the region that you are in or that is closest to you.
    You can also try various regions near your location. After making this change, restart Steam and try to rerun your game.

Plus double checking your Graphics Driver is fully up to date and trying low config mode (--config very_low).  

• Administrators

There may be a problem with the files and folder location, so to check if this is the case first of all, right-click on your desktop and select 'New' -> 'Folder'

Create a folder and name it something to distinguish it (say SI backup)

Once you've done this go to your Sports Interactive folder found within 'documents' which by default is at the following location - C:\Users\[YOUR WINDOWS USERNAME]\Documents\Sports Interactive\[Football Manager title]

This should contain folders like 'games', 'crash dumps' etc. Please cut every folder from here and paste them into the folder you've created on your desktop.

Once you've done this and the Sports Interactive\[Football Manager title] folder is now empty, launch the game. If it works, copy back the files from the desktop folder and hopefully it should now load without any issues.

If this doesn't work, then try reinstalling the game in a different location - ideally not on any cloud drive i.e. OneDrive.

16 minutes ago, Jimmy Wong said:

There may be a problem with the files and folder location, so to check if this is the case first of all, right-click on your desktop and select 'New' -> 'Folder'

Create a folder and name it something to distinguish it (say SI backup)

Once you've done this go to your Sports Interactive folder found within 'documents' which by default is at the following location - C:\Users\[YOUR WINDOWS USERNAME]\Documents\Sports Interactive\[Football Manager title]

This should contain folders like 'games', 'crash dumps' etc. Please cut every folder from here and paste them into the folder you've created on your desktop.

Once you've done this and the Sports Interactive\[Football Manager title] folder is now empty, launch the game. If it works, copy back the files from the desktop folder and hopefully it should now load without any issues.

I don't have the folder for football manager 2024? I have the folders for all previous football managers

image.png.880ae92da6874dda278203d1862457da.png

• Administrators
    28 minutes ago, liamallenby09 said:

I don't have the folder for football manager 2024? I have the folders for all previous football managers

image.png.880ae92da6874dda278203d1862457da.png

Please create your own thread and explain your issue + upload your Dxdiag.

FYI, the sports interactive folder will only be created at the point of game start, so it is normal not to see the folder once installed for the first time.

Okay

-I changed my region (I was on the one for the city I'm in, changed to the nearest other city)

-I updated my graphics driver 

-I unistalled/reinstalled the game

-I also DO NOT have a Football Manager 24 folder with files to move (perhaps because the game has never actually started) though I do have the folder in the Steam/App/Common folder, but that one doesn't have the game files

-I don't know how to change the graphic settings to very low, that is the only troubleshooting step I haven't done

-I've attached a dxdiag run after the above steps if that is helpful 

DxDiag2.txt