• Reserve Sides not playing any matches?

FreakDJ
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: Save Game

I am managing at Real Betis in Spain, and have a B and C side, as well as my U19s.

My U19's side is in the Spanish U19 Division 1 Group 4 currently and play plenty of matches per season; however, my B and C sides do not seem to play any matches? I do not get prompted to allow first team members to go to a B team or C team game ever because there are none unless I manually schedule a friendly for them. This would be great if it worked as I would be able to build some fitness for those who don't make my first team match lineup as well as for developing my younger players. 

The B side is stated to be in the Segunda Federacion Group 4 league, but no matches. The C side doesn't show a division nor league matches. 

I've tried to allow my B team and C team head coaches the responsibility "Team head coach arranges friendly matches" with frequency "Arrange a friendly if no match during the week" but still no friendlies are scheduled?

I may as well not have a B or C team if they don't play matches, help with fitness or player development. Any insights here would be highly appreciated.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Same happening here with FC Thun, having 3 youth teams, only one in a league. Delegated managers in the other two teams do not schedule friendlies.

I have recently uploaded a save to the SI Cloud Service that this issue was reported with; however, my in-game manager has since moved clubs. I was noticing the issue with Real Betis in LaLiga. The save is larger as I have more leagues and nations loaded. Not sure how to link it here?

In the save, I am now at Southampton, where my U21 and U19s are playing matches. I moved because it was not engaging to have my reserve sides not playing.

This option is broken in my save for the both the backoffice arranging friendlies for the Senior team, as well as the youth coach arranging friendlies options. I've uploaded it at "No friendly auto scheduling.fm".

I am having a similar Issue with my Steaua Bucuresti save in Romania.
    My board set up a 2nd team, but after 3 years they are yet to feature in any games, even though my rivals have 2nd teams in liga3. 
    Is it possible to get them into the league system?

Can confirm this is also an issue for my save in Belgium.  Playing as Seraing in the Jupiler League.  B team is not in a playable division and the instruction for the B team manager to arrange friendlies isn't working.  Am currently trying it on various instructions.

I can confirm this is also an issue for my save in Brazil. Playing as Atlético Mineiro and the Reserve Team (under 23s) never plays and the Reserves Manager never schedules a Friendly (I'm doing this manually). However, the Under 19s is working as intended

I have the same problem.

I created a team and inserted it into the English Vanrama South. Half way through the first season I noticed you could ask for an U21 team and my request was granted. As it was half way through the season I didn't expect they'd be in a league and assumed they'd be in one the next season. I won promotion to the Vanrama National, but the U21 team have no matches scheduled and no league so I'm having to create friendlies, because the U21 manager doesn't arrange any, just so the players don't all lose match fitness!

This bug needs to be fixed!!

Is it because the league is not playable?
    My second team is in a non playable league in Germany (Regionalliga 4th) and there are no games to play.

The question is: How to get the second team to be relegated to the third?