• All players lost their homegrown status

VoidVector
    • Public Status: Resolved Screenshot: Save Game: Diego Arancibia - Universitario, Diego Arancibia - Universitario (v02), Diego Arancibia - Universitario (v03), last save overwrite backup - U Files Uploaded: Save Game, Screenshot

I opened the game today post update, loaded my savegame and when I'm ready to play a match it says there are no homegrown players in my match squad. I then check my squad view and none of my players have the homegrown status. This includes players who came through my youth intakes, and nobody in my squad is seemingly going to gain it either, including players as young as 16 or 17. My own players, foreign players signed aged 18, players in my reserves and U18s, everyone just lost their homegrown status and whatever progress they had towards earning homegrown at club/nation is gone.

And it's not just my squad either. It's every single team in the whole continent of South America, as well as South American players abroad who were homegrown at a South American team/Nation. I checked European teams since the Premier League and the Champions League have homegrown registration rules, but it seems they're unaffected.

I will attach a series of screenshots to show the issue. I loaded a previous state of the savegame from the 3 rolling files, and same thing. I think the process of loading the save is making this happen, so I will keep the other one and the last save backup unopened and attach them all.

You can see the issue more clearly with the cases of Vinicius Junior and Julian Alvarez. Vinicius Junior kept his homegrown status as he's trained at Real Madrid, while Julian Alvarez lost his which is supposed to be trained at River Plate and Argentina.

I don't understand how this could happen or why it happeneded. I started this save before the update and as you can see I'm already a few years into the future.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

The same thing is happening in my save as well. See attached an Argentinian and a Colombian who both should have HG in nation. 

Edited by Murtiniiii

• SI Staff

Hello, thank you for the save file and information.

We will investigate this further. 

This is looking like it might be an issue with your Custom Database.

hace 11 horas, Zachary Whyte dijo:

Hello, thank you for the save file and information.

We will investigate this further. 

This is looking like it might be an issue with your Custom Database.

If I may add to this, I decided to load a different save to test if it was a problem with my own created database or any other I used. I loaded a save I had ported over from FM23 that is completely vanilla, and the exact same issue happened. Players who should have homegrown status from South American nations/clubs lost it. And to add something else, it seems every nation that isn't European or Japan specifically has lost their homegrown status at their own nations. I checked every player in every African and Asian National Teams and they all had lost their homegrown status.

I will also add a few screenshots from the ported FM23 save.

image.thumb.png.d0adc50846482126b32ce39d08602649.png

image.thumb.png.d0ea5b822082d66b3da902226144c702.png

image.thumb.png.245369e157b10ec9d94d1d91a7144b6d.png

image.thumb.png.099febcadfd750b3966c97b59b971539.png

image.thumb.png.e3875845479a307e1cb3d21b3463bfb2.png

image.thumb.png.576e531253201a8a7e48243f2c881952.png

image.thumb.png.7df1886c685dccab4da0b817aca3772c.png

Same problem with my save, all non UE and Japanese players lost their homegrown status.

Started a new game, same problem.

2 hours ago, nielsoncp said:

Same with my custom database. Cronin-Milwaukee Brigade

I just checked, and in my game ALL players have lost home grown status - both club and nation have been removed. 

Same here for me, all players lost all home grown status upon update. I am using a pretty heavily edited fictional database, but after looking at my test files this wasn't an issue before the update, so its not my database causing the problem. I can upload league files if needed!

1 hour ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Hello @TerrenceJesus8

This is something we currently have under review.

This is only happening for certain users with custom databases who have specific changes. 

Awesome, thanks for the help! Hopefully you guys can figure it out

11 hours ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Hello @TerrenceJesus8

This is only happening for certain users with custom databases who have specific changes. 

Can you relate the nature of the specific changes that cause this issue? Is it a change to the nation itself?

hace 17 horas, Zachary Whyte dijo:

Hello @TerrenceJesus8

What I hope the most is that the fix can bring back the homegrown status of players as well as the progress a player was making towards it. While this is a personal case due to how my database is set up, homegrown at nation players are an important aspect of it, as it's present in every competition and I hope the homegrown status is not permanently removed. The databse I will attach is the one I personally created for Peru, while databases for the south american countries not present in the base game were acquired from the megapack made by qwert2, part of arabFM.

Peru_BaN_Final_v1.fmf

Same thing happening in my save. I use the regionalize american premier league (2.0) database mod from steam. Even when I start a new save, all the American players have lost eligibility/ home grown status and no one accumulates eligibility. 

Hi, I've just created a game in Brazil for a "youth only challenge" and I'm having this problem too. I'm playing without an update. The only thing I've done is choose the leagues and add players to the different continents.

• SI Staff
    On 09/03/2024 at 02:51, themodelcitizen said:

Can you relate the nature of the specific changes that cause this issue? Is it a change to the nation itself?

Hello everyone, to give an update to this.

It looks like the issue is caused if you added homegrown rules for nations that don’t use them in real life.

We're looking to resolve this in our next game update, so you can continue those saves.

Until then, can you please player other saves, thank you. 

3 hours ago, Zachary Whyte said:

It looks like the issue is caused if you added homegrown rules for nations that don’t use them in real life.

We're looking to resolve this in our next game update, so you can continue those saves.

This is a very helpful update - thanks Zachary. I'll look forward to it being addressed going forward!

10 hours ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Great - thanks for the reply. Any idea when said update will come along? I'm stuck on squad registration day in my save...

hace 1 hora, Zachary Whyte dijo:

Hello everyone, this issue should now be resolved after our latest update. 

That's great news, thank you. Would this also work on existing saves? Or is it only for new saves?

hace 23 horas, Zachary Whyte dijo:

Hello everyone, this issue should now be resolved after our latest update. 

It's not working. I opened the original save where I posted this issue from and no players had their homegrown status back. I then decided to start a new save to test, and the exact same problem persists.

Europe and Japan keep their Homegrown status intact, while the rest of the world loses it.

image.thumb.png.0371043797caf550cde44a2d58aa0066.png

image.thumb.png.85e244c7a10ea15690e98e0c586c29d3.png

This is in a completely vanilla new save as well, so I don't know what the issue is this time. It's quite frankly disappointing

hace 5 horas, Zachary Whyte dijo:

Hello @VoidVector

The home grown status will appear only if the competitions in that nation use it in their rules.

image.thumb.png.b73fdcb7cdd3b13c6665aa7f78b22a44.png

image.thumb.png.d43ce1ae63a372eac5971fb3c9f8f38b.png

image.thumb.png.74524715526053ee87040cc6cc625b02.png

image.thumb.png.0eb0950de9d11dc85f34e8b5c90faf8c.png

This is the save that made me realize there was an issue with the homegrown status in the first place, and it's in the exact same spot since I haven't played it since the update. Homegrown status for every Peruvian player is still gone despite having added homegrown rules to the league and cup competition, and the progress to being homegrown is still gone as well from foreign players signed at 18. And like in the original post from this thread, even youth intake players have lost their homegrown status from the club they appeared at.

Is this because this save is from before this latest patch?

hace 7 horas, Zachary Whyte dijo:

Hello @VoidVector

The home grown status will appear only if the competitions in that nation use it in their rules.

image.thumb.png.fc74a8c71751d6550c83dc220a1fb704.png

Brand new save, added different kind of homegrown rules since the Match Squad didn't work. Exact same issue.