• URGENT - Game confused about U23 homegrown players?

Weston
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

I have two U23 homegrown players in the match squad, but the game won't let me play a match because it doesn't think I do, and I can't figure out what the issue is. Can you please help me identify what is causing the problem and how to fix it?

image.thumb.png.9f8977d6457e0799201cb9111ed85539.png

Here are the two U23 players who are trained in Turkey:

image.thumb.png.17f67de1cbe4708cfb79d70487a64426.png

image.thumb.png.b1fe2a510a29c86b4f1e1463907e756f.png

Would either of you know? @Zachary Whyte @Kyle Brown

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

It seems maybe the disconnect is that Atalay is trained in Turkey, but hasn't been at one particular club long enough to be club trained, so the game doesn't think he is nation trained because he is not club trained? But surely that's not how the rules are meant to be applied?

2 hours ago, Kyle Brown said:

We're investigating this as a priority, thank you for the spot. 

Thanks! Let me know if you find a way I could use the in-game editor to workaround the issue so I can continue this save.

I added "trained 3 years before 17" at the club that owns him to Atalay's profile so that he is not just nation trained but officially club trained, and I'm still getting the same error message for some reason and cannot proceed.

I canceled his "play for the U19" availability instruction, so the U19 tag went away, and I realized there is no U23 tag, so it seems the issue is that the game is not recognizing this 16 year old player as U23 for some reason. How can I add this with the in-game editor?

Edited by Weston

But then on the squad registration screen he doesn't have either nation trained or club trained tags for some reason...

Screenshot 2023-04-06 at 5.28.18 PM.png

Okay, adding the 15-21 club-trained tag fixes it.

Can you confirm if, in real life, the Turkish league actually requires the two U23 players have fulfilled 3 years in Turkey between the ages of 15-21, or should a 16 year old from a Turkish system qualify?

I assume the latter but want to be sure, because I can't tell what's misleading/confusing wording in the pop-up warning and what's incorrect coding with the actual requirements.

18 hours ago, Weston said:

Can you confirm if, in real life, the Turkish league actually requires the two U23 players have fulfilled 3 years in Turkey between the ages of 15-21, or should a 16 year old from a Turkish system qualify?

The rule is correctly applied, it's 1 season between the ages of 15 and 21 at the club.

However, it should be assumed in game that a newgen created at age 16 has been at the club for at least one season from age 15 to 16. @Kyle Brown

5 hours ago, perpetua said:

The rule is correctly applied, it's 1 season between the ages of 15 and 21 at the club.

However, it should be assumed in game that a newgen created at age 16 has been at the club for at least one season from age 15 to 16. @Kyle Brown

Thanks for clarifying! So in my case, I should be able to proceed to the match with Atalay fulfilling the 2nd spot, correct?

So in the meantime, I can use the editor to give him the "3 years between 15 and 21" marker, so that the game will let me proceed. It's not 1 year as you say, but there's no option for that.