• High possession and passing completion

(sic)
    • Public Status: Known Issue Files Uploaded: None

This has been an ongoing issue with the game's mentalities and AI managers playing on defensive mentalities. In FM22 it seems to be even worse, managers who play on defensive mentalities will have really high possession numbers with an unrealistically high pass completion.

spacer.png

67% Possession and 95% pass completion is just ridiculous, especially when you consider the fact that they haven't created many chances and we have 25 shots and 2.65 xG against them.

• Steps To Reproduce:
      Be a better team, the opposition will just play defensive and therefore due to low risk, have large possession numbers and pass completion %.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

You probably should upload a PKM file.

Im convinced that this won’t change unless they get rid of mentalities.

I don’t think the AI is smart enough to combine higher risk mentality with lower risk roles and vice versa.

Red Star v Metalac Gornji Milanovac.pkmRed Star v Ferencvárosi TC.pkm

https://i.gyazo.com/8578699ebd0c1ff40605554701abc7b3.png

compared to real life stats, in the PL

https://i.gyazo.com/0907fe8799c995447dea42c4fbc63706.png

Bottom half teams usually have 70-80% pass completion, but in FM they're sitting comfortably around 90%.

Edited by (sic)

Reason for this is AI teams will just pass the ball between keeper, defenders and maybe defensive midfielders. Your team will not press, you can set whatever pressing settings you like they will just not press them (watch on full match). Therefore AI teem keeps possession and high % pass completion

This was a problem IMO last year as well, they do nothing with the ball but somehow are completely calm about it and complete every pass even if there is a press, whereas in reality teams under that sort of pressure would be making clearances or trying to hit transition passes over the top or into the channels, resulting in a lot poorer pass completion rates. 

Well look at the full match, no wonder they are calm and make every pass. There is almost no press on the backline, keeper and defensive midfielders. Ive seen situations where a AI defender is on the ball and just standing still, and my players are also standing still 20m away from them lol. He just stands there for 5 seconds and them pass the ball to the other CB.....

1 hour ago, tf.vermeulen said:

Reason for this is AI teams will just pass the ball between keeper, defenders and maybe defensive midfielders. Your team will not press, you can set whatever pressing settings you like they will just not press them (watch on full match). Therefore AI teem keeps possession and high % pass completion

This is a result of the AI using Low risk mentalities with too many low risk roles. 

spacer.png

Here's another pkm, the opposition CB just sits with the ball, my players only close down once the ball gets to a CM.

spacer.png

Rana FK v Bodø_Glimt.pkm

It looks like the passing issue might be because of pressing. Setting Loe to high doesn't really seem to affect it that much.

Edited by (sic)

This has by far been the most reported beta bug i have seen. So many people have made posts with pkm and they havent done anything i two weeks, which makes me think that it wont be fixed all game as it is a fundamental match engine issue. For me it is a game breaker and would refund if i could, very disappointing after a promising start.

I was hoping this was going to be fixed once the full version was out, however it is still the same thing, other bugs are frustrating sure, but this one is the most of all.