Tutoring Guide

I have searched for a tutoring guide but cannot find one, is there such a thing? Can anyone provide a link to one?

In FM08 I had Ricardo Moniz as my ass. man. and he would recomend a tutor for young players in his coach reports. Is this a feature in FM09? If so can anyone recomend a coach/ass.man. who has this ability.

Thanks in advance...

No, this feature is not in FM09, at least as far as I can tell. There is no tutoring guide, because when I ran experiments to find out how it works, I was very disappointed with the results.

Anyway, tutoring works likes this, as I found with my experiments:

- It shifts some youngster's attriubutes towards those of the tutor. Those attributes are Determination, Professionalism, Pressure, Ambition, Loyalty, Temperament, Sportsmanship, Adaptability and Controversy, most of which are hidden. These attributes of the youngster may end up being equal to those of the tutor, but most of the times they just go some of the way. As a result, a good tutor is someone who has good "grades" in all of these attributes. If his attributes are worse than the youngster's, then the youngster's attributes decline.

Of course, some of these attributes are more important than others, so a tutor needs not be perfect.

- There is also a probability that the youngster picks up some PPMs from the tutor.

- Youngster and tutor may end up liking or hating each other. Even if they hate each other at the end, this does not mean that the youngster's personality has not changed.

- There is no way to tell beforehand if tutoring will "succeed" or not. Well, there is no way that I could find out, anyway. "Success" here means that the two players like each other. As I said, the youngster's personality changes anyway.

- All three tutoring options do exactly the same thing, which is what I described above. There is no option just for personality or just for PPMs. All three are for both.

- I must have answered this question about a million times in this forum, especially since most poeple think that each option is for something different. I have no idea who spread that false information, but I hope he stops doing so. Informing people is the only way to get things fixed, and tutoring definately needs fixing.

No, this feature is not in FM09, at least as far as I can tell. There is no tutoring guide, because when I ran experiments to find out how it works, I was very disappointed with the results.

Anyway, tutoring works likes this, as I found with my experiments:

- It shifts some youngster's attriubutes towards those of the tutor. Those attributes are Determination, Professionalism, Pressure, Ambition, Loyalty, Temperament, Sportsmanship, Adaptability and Controversy, most of which are hidden. These attributes of the youngster may end up being equal to those of the tutor, but most of the times they just go some of the way. As a result, a good tutor is someone who has good "grades" in all of these attributes. If his attributes are worse than the youngster's, then the youngster's attributes decline.

Of course, some of these attributes are more important than others, so a tutor needs not be perfect.

- There is also a probability that the youngster picks up some PPMs from the tutor.

- Youngster and tutor may end up liking or hating each other. Even if they hate each other at the end, this does not mean that the youngster's personality has not changed.

- There is no way to tell beforehand if tutoring will "succeed" or not. Well, there is no way that I could find out, anyway. "Success" here means that the two players like each other. As I said, the youngster's personality changes anyway.

- All three tutoring options do exactly the same thing, which is what I described above. There is no option just for personality or just for PPMs. All three are for both.

- I must have answered this question about a million times in this forum, especially since most poeple think that each option is for something different. I have no idea who spread that false information, but I hope he stops doing so. Informing people is the only way to get things fixed, and tutoring definately needs fixing.

Maybe 3 options is "benefit and risk" on scale...bigger the risk, bigger benfit?

My experiences so far, when it works:

- Like Aaron mentioned: Personality

- Reputation. I've had succes with connecting a youngster with a star and accomplished player. They look up to him and are delighted to work with such a "star". (he'll say because he "respects" the player)

- If they say something good about the older player in their profile, it can't go wrong in my experience. Like "Thinks it's a good player". "Organizes the defense well" etc ...

- If they have prefered player moves, they are more likely to see it as a benificial tutoring experience, because they can take over those PPM's.

And sometimes, when a player isn't developing, i just take the risk and link them. It can either be a kickstart of their development, or it can fail. But it doesn't matter as he's not progressing anyway.

No, because then tutoring has no point, personality-wise.

But it has a point skill wise ...

But indeed, for character development it's not going to work, but i haven't experienced a failed tutoring when linking similar character types. It depends on what you say.

If they are similar, you'll say, "Learn his approach to the game".

But it has a point skill wise ...

But indeed, for character development it's not going to work, but i haven't experienced a failed tutoring when linking similar character types. It depends on what you say.

If they are similar, you'll say, "Learn his approach to the game".

In FM08, when I ran extensive tests, I had this experience. So it was possible to connect two players with exactly the same personality (1. all personality attributes being exactly the same or 2. having a minimal defference) and they could still end up hating each other because of "big personality difference".

In FM09, I have only run very few tests, just to confirm that all three tutoring options affect exactly the same things. So I have not tested this again.

On the other hand, now that you can train PPMs, there is no much point to tutor just for the PPM anyway.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived