FM 2009- Futebol Clube do Porto

tameeris

FC Porto home of the Dragons

fcporto.jpg

Full name: Futebol Clube do Porto

Nickname: Dragões (Dragons)

Fans nicknames: Portistas, Dragões, Tripeiros and Andrades

Porto is part of Portugal's Top Three clubs (being Benfica and Sporting the other two). Having won the last three editions of the Portuguese League the challenge is to continue wining in general :D

The Squad

It's a good squad with great players like Bruno Alves, Raul Meireles, Lucho, Rodriguez and Lisandro but the team as clearly some weak points like full backs.

Helton is a good solid goalkeeper however Nuno and Ventura aren't very good (Nuno will do for a sub).

Porto's defence needs to be improved, to start your best full back is by far Fucile (Lino, Benitez and Sapunaru aren't really any good). I would recommend playing Tomás Costa as a full back he will do a good job. As for the "middle" Bruno Alves and Stepanov are your best DCs, Pedro Emanuel is on his last year of contract and being the captain I would leave him on the bench, but you might need one more DC.

As for the midfield you've got Lucho and Meireles which are great, then you got Guarin, Pele, Fernando and Bolatti all of them are good but aren't anything especial. Rodriguez and Tarik are Porto's best wingers, Tarik is on his last year of contract (and you got Helder Barbosa in the end of the season). Candeias is a good young winger and Mariano is not good at all.

Strikers: Lisandro and Hulk are great but then you got Adriano and Farias who are average (probably will need a better striker).

GK: Helton, Nuno and Hugo Ventura

DC: Bruno Alves, Rolando, Pedro Emanuel© and Stepanov

DL Lino, Benitez and Fucile

DR: Sapunaru, Fucile and Tomás Costa

MDC/MC/MAC: Fernando, Pele, Guarin, Lucho, Bolatti and Raul Meireles

AMR/AML: Candeias, Tarik Sektioui, Mariano, Diogo Viana and Rodriguez

ST: Lisandro Lopez, Hulk, Adriano and Farias.

Recommended XI

GK: Helton

DC: Bruno Alves and Stepanov

DR: Tomás Costa

DL: Fucile

MC: Raul Meireles

MC: Lucho

AMR: Tarik

AML: Rodriguez

ST: Lisandro, Hulk

Recommended buy/sells

Sells:

Rolando (on loan)

Benitez (can get about 1M€)

Lino (won't get much for him)

Sapunaru (if you list him for transfer Rapid will give pretty good offers on loan)

Bolatti (can get up to 1,5M€)

Mariano (but normally he doesn't want to leave)

Diogo Viana (on loan)

Adriano (1M€)

Farias (around 1M - 500mil €)

Man City always tries to get Lucho, you can get 30M€ for him you can sell him and buying players will be much easier or you don't and have to use a 5M€ budget for transfers.

Buys

Seeing as you need better fullbacks I would go for:

-Paulo Ferreira for about 2M€

-Zebina for 2M€

-Rat for 3,4M€.

As for an extra DC you can get:

-Diego Lugano for 3/4M€

-Sereno (Guimarães) for 1M€

Midfield you can get:

Eduardo Costa if you want to get another DMC

For an extra winger I would go for:

Jesus Datolo he will cost about 3M€

As for strikers

(if you sell Lucho you can go for Adriano (Inter) or Pandev or even Marquinhos) if not you can try and get:

-Ronaldo in January

-Alberto Paloschi from Milan for about 2M€

Keep in mind that in the end of season one you get back Helder Barbosa, Paulo Machado (good and solid MC), Ibson and João Paulo. You will get alot of other players but this are the ones which you should have in mind. Seeing that Porto doesn't have a reserves team you should send out on loan those players you weren't able to sell (this if you aren't playing with the 9.2.0 patch cus on this patch Porto have a reserves team :thup: ). (I did this Thread on base of the 9.1.0 DB so I'm sorry if some of the values are a bit wrong)

Good luck and be champions! :D

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Start a new game yesterday with Porto (on 9.2.0) and I got Ferreira for 1,7M€, Datolo for 2,7M€ and Jorge Andrade for 3M€. I sold Adriano for 1M€, Sapunaru and Benitez sent on loan (and they have buying option). Also called to the first team William Massari young DL he looks pretty good :thup:

I'm still looking for two strikers and ran out of money, but I'm still trying to get rid of some "dead wood" (which there is a lot of :p).

I got Larsson for free (mostly cus a friend of mine loves him :p) and I decided to stay with Farias.

My current team is:

GK: Helton/Nuno/ Ventura

DR: Tomás Costa/ Paulo Ferreira

DL: Fucile/ Massari

DC: Bruno Alves/ Andrade/ Stepanov/ Pedro Emanuel

DMC: Pele/ Guarin (Guarin has been great for me in the pre-season)

MAC: Lucho/ R. Meireles

MAL/MAR: Rodriguez/ Datolo/ Tarik/ Candeias/ D. Viana (thinking on playing him for the League Cup)

ST: Lisandro/ Hulk/ Larsson/ Farias (not so sure about my strikers, but I don't got any money left so...)

great thread,

i started a game, sold all the useless players like mariano, stepanov etc. this is my current lineup atm.

------------Balotelli--------Lopez--------------

-----------------------------------------------

Rodriguez------Pele--------Lucho-------Candeias

------------------------------------------------

Massari------B.Alves------Emmanuel--------Fucile

-------------------Helton------------------------

pretty weak team actually, have brought in some young portuguese regens that will be awesome in a few seasons but im really not expecting to win much in the next couple of years.

Brought in:

Roland Linz and Sneijder who are vying for the first team, Linz is actually playing better than my other strikers.

great thread,

i started a game, sold all the useless players like mariano, stepanov etc. this is my current lineup atm.

------------Balotelli--------Lopez--------------

-----------------------------------------------

Rodriguez------Pele--------Lucho-------Candeias

------------------------------------------------

Massari------B.Alves------Emmanuel--------Fucile

-------------------Helton------------------------

pretty weak team actually, have brought in some young portuguese regens that will be awesome in a few seasons but im really not expecting to win much in the next couple of years.

Brought in:

Roland Linz and Sneijder who are vying for the first team, Linz is actually playing better than my other strikers.

Stepanov is a great defender (in the game lol). Do you still have Tomás Costa? Cus him on the right and Fucile on the left are your best options for full backs IMO. BTW well done in getting Balotelli :thup:

Half way through the season now, and I'm 3 points behind Benfica... Farias (surprisingly) is my best goal scorer till now.

Just sold Lucho to Real for 30M€. Got Mascio for "peanuts" and got a Brazilian regan striker to improve my attack. Just got a bid accepted for Gio dos Santos for 200k€ plus 15% of the next sale which I wasn't expecting, but he went on loan to Ajax...

• 2 weeks later...
Finally someone made a Porto thread :thup:

These are my transfer movements:

transxc5.th.jpg

Plus I got Douglas Costa coming for €210k, Zucilni for €160k and Santon but they will only arrive in January...

Good job in getting D. Costa, Zucilni and Santon :thup:

Keep us up to date with your game mate ;)

Just hit the half way point and team is doing quite good.

portoqt7.th.jpg

Braga has been hard to take from the top! They've been there since the beginning of the season! Champions league finished 2º one point behind Barça.

Lisandro has been a monster in front of the goal 20 goals in 18 games :D also Mota is doing a very good job so far my best sinning :thup:

Interested in knowing how good Christian Rodriguez is ? He has the perfect attributes for the type of left winger im looking for, but so far Porto refuse to sell. Is he worth £20m+ ? I basically want him as an assist machine for Amauri and Trezeguet.

Interested in knowing how good Christian Rodriguez is ? He has the perfect attributes for the type of left winger im looking for, but so far Porto refuse to sell. Is he worth £20m+ ? I basically want him as an assist machine for Amauri and Trezeguet.

Rodriguez is spectacular, but don't really know if he's worth more than £20M. Maybe if you prise him and declare interest on him he might come cheaper

I would recommend playing Tomás Costa as a full back he will do a good job

Great tip mate! He is always being praised by my fans :D

Rodriguez is class mate! I would go for a 20+ bid on him!

Final stretch of the league now! Behind Benfica but their last game is against Sporting so I still got my hopes up!

portols7.th.jpg

Lisandro has turned into my favourite FM player! He has 37 goals in 36 games :D

lichagq9.th.jpg

I won the League Cup, lost in the quarter finals of the Cup and got knocked out by Man. Utd in the Champions League in the the first knock out rounds. Still hoping in getting the League!

portoqj5.th.jpg

95414330px4.th.jpg

^(Benficas matches)^

I was starting to doubt that I would win the league after seeing the results that Benfica were getting but on the last game of the season I got the best of them!!!

Well done mate! (pretty lucky thou :p)

Lisandro always looks good on FM, but I can never get him for a reasonable price, otherwise I'd buy him.

Lisandro is awesome on fm09 :thup: but Porto do normally tend to over price their players lol

Yeah totally, ive tried and failed on numerous games to sign Lucho, Lisandro or Christrian Rodriguez. Realistic though, as there is no way IRL Porto would sell those 3 players, unless they got astronomical transfer fees, and the players were unhappy. All three are hard to unsettle too! I tried the sneaky Man Utd-Berbatov method too!

• 5 weeks later...

Managed to get more transfer funds from the board so I was able to get Morimoto and Alexis Sanchez. Rolando seems to be a bitter better on the new patch so I won't buy a new DC at least for now but not to sure yet. Also Diogo Viana is looking better I'll play him a bit to see if he can improve.

for how much can you get Balotelli?

Don't know, doubt he will be easy to get thou...

My team isn't really performing as I would like and probably cus my strikers don't score, Farias has yet to score, Morimoto only has 1 goal, Hulk has 5 and Lisandro has 7. Can anybody recommend a striker on 9.3? (I've got 3.1M€ left of the budget)

I've started a Porto save due to the new challenge posted!

As it's only going to be a one season save I spent more money than I would have normally

transfers in:

Alexis Sanchez - £9.5m

Emmanuel Eboue - £3.2m

Miguel Torres - £2m

Miranda - £5.5m

All over 24months

Outs include:

Fucile - £2.5m

and a couple out on loan for cash Mariano Gonzalez and Sapunaru.

Everythings going brilliantly so far

Beat Sporting in the Super Cup 1-0

and so far won every game i've played 6 in league including a 3-1 win over Sporting and 3 in the Champions League group including a suprising 1-0 win over Barcelona :)

Lopez, Alves, Rodriguez, Lucho, Eboue, Torres and Meireles have all been fantastic so far all averaging above 7.20 :)

You get more money on 9.3.0?

You get about 5.5M€ but you can ask the board for more :)

I've started a Porto save due to the new challenge posted!

As it's only going to be a one season save I spent more money than I would have normally

transfers in:

Alexis Sanchez - £9.5m

Emmanuel Eboue - £3.2m

Miguel Torres - £2m

Miranda - £5.5m

All over 24months

Outs include:

Fucile - £2.5m

and a couple out on loan for cash Mariano Gonzalez and Sapunaru.

Everythings going brilliantly so far

Beat Sporting in the Super Cup 1-0

and so far won every game i've played 6 in league including a 3-1 win over Sporting and 3 in the Champions League group including a suprising 1-0 win over Barcelona :)

Lopez, Alves, Rodriguez, Lucho, Eboue, Torres and Meireles have all been fantastic so far all averaging above 7.20 :)

Who do you play up front?

BTW nice transfer moves :thup:

You get about 5.5M€ but you can ask the board for more :)

Who do you play up front?

BTW nice transfer moves :thup:

I play the mighty Hulk and Lopez! both outstanding! my strikers don't tend to score that much with my tactic most goals come from the midfield but, Lopez has got 12 in 21 and Hulk 7 in 21. I have more than 6 players on 5 goals or more though. So it doesn't bother me when my strikers don't score 30goals+ a season Lopez does have 9 in 12 in the league though.

Thx for the answer. :) Still not a lot though.

I got £10m after taking the money from wage budget over to transfers, I spent £20m over 24months though, and the basic squad is pretty decent.

Benfica is on a winning spree only lost one game in the league and against it was me. I'm six points behind them and got knocked out of the champions league in the 8th finals. Lisandro now has 20 goals in 25 games :thup:

I've been looking at the players that are out on loan and I'm going to try not to spend a lot of by budget next season and bet on those players :)

Benfica is on a winning spree only lost one game in the league and against it was me. I'm six points behind them and got knocked out of the champions league in the 8th finals. Lisandro now has 20 goals in 25 games :thup:

I've been looking at the players that are out on loan and I'm going to try not to spend a lot of by budget next season and bet on those players :)

Some of them look pretty good Leandro Lima, Leandro, Pele, Ibson, Candeias, Bruno Gama, Helder Barbosa all look as though they could become decent.

i'm 9 points clear with 4 games to go. and into the semi final of the CL against Arsenal after beatin Chelsea on away goals! won the League cup and into the final of the FA cup! :D

Hulk has been fantastic with 22 goals in 25 in the league!

Some of them look pretty good Leandro Lima, Leandro, Pele, Ibson, Candeias, Bruno Gama, Helder Barbosa all look as though they could become decent.

i'm 9 points clear with 4 games to go. and into the semi final of the CL against Arsenal after beatin Chelsea on away goals! won the League cup and into the final of the FA cup! :D

Hulk has been fantastic with 22 goals in 25 in the league!

Nice job mate :thup: soon enough you will win peter-evo's challenge :D

Nice job mate :thup: soon enough you will win peter-evo's challenge :D

Haha lets hope! just need a clean sweep of awards, and beat Arsenal in the CL!

Also need a clean sheet in all my remaining league games, shouldn't be too hard except the game against Benfica, but its at home and just bea them 2-0 in the semi of the cup.

How has Rodriguez been for you?

He has been out of this world for me.

And i've just lost the first leg 3-1 away against Arsenal, but I lost first legs against Chelsea 2-1 and Zenit 2-1 and won the home legs. So fingers crossed!!

Good luck mate!

Rodriguez is fantastic! I retrained him to be able to play on the right and he just does some magic :p

Every game I do Lisandro, Hulk and Rodriguez play very well :thup: I'm going to start getting them on other saves :)

Definately, I have bought Hulk for Lyon on my other save and probably wwill get Rodriguez if he is cheap enough! I jus knocked out Arsenal on Away goals! but then my laptop goes and overheats so no i have to replay it but fortuneately i won the first leg 2-0 but conceded in the next league game so I wont be getting the points for 20 clean sheets in the league as maximum i can get is 19. :(

Whilst writing this i draw 1-1 with Arsenal :D so through again which is good so in all finals now! and wrapped up the league too!

Definately, I have bought Hulk for Lyon on my other save and probably wwill get Rodriguez if he is cheap enough! I jus knocked out Arsenal on Away goals! but then my laptop goes and overheats so no i have to replay it but fortuneately i won the first leg 2-0 but conceded in the next league game so I wont be getting the points for 20 clean sheets in the league as maximum i can get is 19. :(

Whilst writing this i draw 1-1 with Arsenal :D so through again which is good so in all finals now! and wrapped up the league too!

All hail the Special One :D

All hail the Special One :D

Haha Love it! alot of it is down to knap though and his fantastic tactic! for the league i adapted it so it was more attacking and only played with 3 CB's and 5 in midfield. but in the CL all defensive and counter attacking really! it works though :D

I always have a lot of fun with my Porto saves, I keep on coming back to play only one more save game with them :D

It has been quite fun, but I don't think I will be carrying it on after the first season. The league is a bit easy for my liking, once you get passed Benfica and Sporting there is no one else even close to challenging or looking like they will ever.

Archived