FM 2009- Futebol Clube do Porto

tameeris

I'm currently managing Porto too(my mate is managing Sporting). It is the middle of January and I've only allowed one goal in the league all season but I'm only second on the table behind Benfica who are in blazing form.

Wow only 1 goal conceded that is brilliant mate! how many have you scored? who did you sign?

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course the jinx and I've just allowed a 2nd, still won the match. I've made a number of signings(into the second season) some of which include bosingwa, diego lugano, a 19 year old regen who looks class, d'alessandro, asjeno and maniche(because I like to sign portugese players). Went out in the group stages of the cl despite taking 4 of 6 points from Arsenal. Wasn't pleased.

Nice mate congratulations.

How did you do in CL. who were your best players? are you carrying on to next season?

Congratulations on the Special One challenge :thup:

Got to the first knock-out stage and lost to Inter who won the CL

My best players got to be Lisandro, Rodriguez, Lucho and Bruno Alves, they have been great all season for me.

And I'll be carrying on for the next season, and I'll be looking to get some of those players who are on loan :)

Congrats on winning everything Dexta. :) Well done.

Thanks mate! I think you should give it a go sometime, they have a very good set up and you can bring in some decent players.

League is won easily like in France, and the main challenge is in the CL which i got very lucky with away goals and some massive results!

Congratulations on the Special One challenge :thup:

Got to the first knock-out stage and lost to Inter who won the CL

My best players got to be Lisandro, Rodriguez, Lucho and Bruno Alves, they have been great all season for me.

And I'll be carrying on for the next season, and I'll be looking to get some of those players who are on loan :)

nice mate, on one of my saves leandro lima is playing for Barcelona! must be pretty good!

Just starting the pre-season and I'm cutting all the dead wood. Haven't signed anybody yet (but Porto did already buy Miguel Lopes which looks pretty good plus the fans like him). The board accepted an offer of 20M€ for Lucho from Real so I think I will call Leandro Lima to the first squad. Called up Helder Barbosa, Candeias and Moraes.

Keep updating about transfers

Lots of offers for my top players, fortunately I was able to keep most of them.

As I already said Lucho out for 20M€ and Morimoto out for 10M€. Also sold some of those extra players.

Got Luarito for 2M€ to replace Morimoto, bargain if you ask me.

And this happened in the Supercup :D :D

wiii.th.jpg

Lots of offers for my top players, fortunately I was able to keep most of them.

As I already said Lucho out for 20M€ and Morimoto out for 10M€. Also sold some of those extra players.

Got Luarito for 2M€ to replace Morimoto, bargain if you ask me.

And this happened in the Supercup :D :D

wiii.th.jpg

I had sold Lucho for 20 million pounds to Man City. And how do you make screenshots which don't show the whole screen but instead only the portion you are interested in?

Half way through the second season.

I'm out of the CL :( cus I was in the third pote and finished up in Valencia's and Arsenal's group... But I managed to stay third 2 points behind Arsenal. Looking to do well in the UEFA cup against Atl. Madrid.

In the league I'm second, 1 point behind Sporting but I don't think that will last for much longer seeing as I zero defeats (in the league) and will be soon playing against them.

Got Wijnaldum for 3.4M€, wasn't after him but he wanted to leave so I snapped him up and will probably loan out Leandro Lima, he hasn't been doing so well.

Lisandro and Raul Meireles have been unsettled :( but I think that I can convince them on staying until the end of the season :p

Helder Barbosa and Candeias have been great, been rotating them with Rodriguez and Sanchez.

Retrained Miguel Lopes to play on the left too and he's looking very good, his stats have been improving a lot.

Hulk, Lisandro and Rodriguez have been fantastic! Rodriguez has 10 goals and 10 assists. Lisandro 14 goals and 10 assists and Hulk 20 goals and 5 assists.

Also I think I'm Benfica's Achilles heel, just won in the Luz by 4-0 :D

Lost against Atl. Madrid :( Won 2-1 in the Dragão but I was loosing 0-2 at Vicente Calderon and Rodriguez (who else :p) scored a 91min goal! But I lost with the penalty's :(

Also lost against Sporting but I then Sporting tied and I managed to close up the gap to 2 points. Just need to keep on winning :p

Just won the Legue :D It really was neck and neck with Sporting, I was 1 point ahead of them for 2 months!

Hulk was immense this season 31 goals and 10 assists. Also Helton is now 12 games without suffering a goal.

Looking to beat Porto's standing record of 5 league titles in a row, just need one more :)

I set both strikers with on frequent forward movements, not to run with the ball and not to cross. Long shots and passes mixed and mentality full out to attack.

Do know if I can help you a lot with tactics thou...

Thats fine mate, thanks, I'm just trying a few new things, because if I change the player instructions of my strikers I should still win because my midfielders bang them in!

What kind of return do Lopez and Hulk give you?

They have been great for me :thup:

Both together got 54 goals :) Hulk got 31 and Lisandro 23, plus they get loads of assists between them.

Nice mate think i'm going to have to change it up a bit! most one striker got last season was 18 which is very poor and thats with Benzema, Hulk and Pandev in the side!

Normally I don't like to depend on strikers too much, I like to have good wingers and a good AMC so that if my strikers don't score to much they can score for them. But these two just can't get enough

Yeah well my midfield score tonnes I wouldn't mind if my strikers didn't score but put in good performances but they just seem to be a bit lost sometimes and miss alot of chances which gives them bad ratings, will try a few things see what happens :)

Witsel is better on the wing than at AMC, Defour is good as an AMC except he can't shoot. :D

Depends how much or how little you can purchase them for?

They wanted more than 20M for each, so I backed off.

Sporting did however accept an offer of 15M of Vukcevic and his stats look great!

Just sold Helton for 8M to Arsenal and got Asenjo for 13M.

Roma offered me 30M for Hulk which the board accepted :( So I'm looking for a striker and got only a few days left in the transfer market...

Won the Supercup against Benfica by 3-1, did howerver loose against Sporting in the first league match by 2-1 :(

Good deal for Vuk, what about Laurito as a replacement?

Yeah, was thinking the same thing. But I'll need another striker for back up seeing that I got Lisandro, Laurito and 17 year-old regan.

EDIT: Looking at Vantaggiato, he looks pretty good. Finishing 20, dribbling 17, heading 15, composer 14, first touch 14. Plus he'll be about 4M

• 4 weeks later...

After my PSV save I stopped playing for a while, but me and a few friends of mine made a bet of who could do better with Porto in the first 5 seasons.

I'm now on the pre-season of the forth season and so far I managed to win: 3 Supercups, 3 League Cups, 3 Leagues, one Semi-final in the CL and two Quarter-finials.

However I need some help now cus I did the typical thing of buying a player I didn't really need or maybe not.

This is my current squad:

portoi.th.jpg

This is the XI I normally play with:

porto2.jpg

w846.png

I rotate Nani, Rodriguez and Sanchez a lot.

Now the new player I got is Ribery, I got him for 18M€. I got Neymar last season and he did pretty good but I thought he could go out on loan this season. Impulsive consumer grrh :(

I'm thinking of playing him as an AMC rotating with Hulk or I could try to sell Rodriguez for 30M€ to Juven. His contract is ending in the end of the season and Juven are always declaring interest, however it is still Rodriguez. I think my best bet would be to play him as an AMC on rotation with Hulk. What do you guys think?

BTW if anybody is wondering I'm winning the bet for now

Hi guys. Quick question.

Im considering starting a league in portugal tonight, and was wondering if you could give me tips on best leagues to load.

Normally i would load

Brazil

England

France

Italy

Spain

Ukraine.

Definately think i will use Brazil and Argentina, and the top 2 portuguese leagues. If you could use another 3 leagues what would they be?

one think i love about managing porto is that after the first season ends, you can sell about 30 players, brining in a huge revenue lol :)

Not only that but you get some good players for subs, expecialy Helder Barbosa, Paulo Machado, Candeias, Edson and Bruno Vale who are home grown :thup:

Archived