Work Permits

I'm in the summer of my third season and have agreed a deal for the greatly named Hulk.

However his work permit has been turned down, as has the appeal.

I'm my many years of FM i've never really encountered work permits before and was hoping you lovely people could tell me more about them and if there is a way round them.

Thanks

Basically if he is a non eu player he will need to have some international caps to get a work permit, if he doesn't have any i'd rule out signing him to play for your team.

A way round this is to get a feeder club in belgium or poland and then keep trying to sign the player without a permit them ship him off to your european affiliate, after 3/4 years i think it is, he will be able to play for your team.

This is only affective for young stars though really...

Assuming you play in the UK.

Then the player have to have played at least 75% of the international games for his country in the last two years OR the player have to posses a great ability OR sing him and loan him out to feeder club where the player can get a second (EU) nationality (Belgium is fast, 2 years or Spain if it is a player coming from S. America.

Irl Kalou, anderson are examples of players who got a WP based upon there pot. ability.

Only had the problem with uk teams too,,must be our imigration thats more strict,,as when I was managing Sparta in last years games , i signed loads of youngsters from all over which would never have gone through in a UK team

a trick that sometimes works is to send on loan to the feeder club, and offer them a new contract. there's a chance that they'll be granted a work permit for that. if not, it'll say that he couldn't sign the contract due to WP regulations.

i wouldn't recommend this in this example, as i'm guessing you would've spent a fair bit of money on Hulk. it's a good tip for young regens though :)

Archived