European Superleague

Yuko

I created a new database that replaces the English League with a European Superleague. I've included a total of 400 European teams from every nation that is registered in UEFA and I can assure you that all divisions are extremely hard to beat with any team!

I've selected a total of 30 teams from Spain, England, Italy, 27 from Germany and many from other nations. I've renamed all competitions minus the Reserves and U19s and deleted all English and other European leagues' history and added a random winner of last year's competition. If you want I can post screenshots of each division.

The rar file is around 70MB and here's the link:

http://rapidshare.com/files/179472389/European_Superleague.rar

P.S: Anyone is free to use this database in the challenge forum or create multiplayer games ;)

EDIT: Forgot to mention that it's for FM2009 version 9.20

Good work, looks nice. I'm going to download it and have a look through. Few questions which might help other people out:

- How have you distributed the old English teams? e.g Championship replaced Serie A, League 1 replaced La Liga etc. or placed different teams from the same league into different countries?

- How does the UEFA Cup and Champions League now work?

(If I load this up before you reply I will just edit my post)

edit: First thing I noticed is you can't load up other leagues as it crashes and creates a crash dump.

I'm currently skipping a season to see how everything looks in the following season.

Yeah you can't select a league in Europe other than the English as all the best teams from each nation now plays in the English league. Even in the non-league of England there are foreign clubs, so that they may advance in longterm games and make the cups more interesting.

So you should realise that teams are widespread all over Europe and as for the continental competitions, only the first year will be normal and the rest will unfortunately be flukes as the champions of the other nations will probably be low profile English clubs. Though since the European competitions will be only won by the 'English' clubs, they will have more teams representing the 'nation' in Europe.

The point is that you win the championship or at least a cup within England.

Its great to make these "superleagues", but i've experienced a couple of problems on the long term. First of all: the money problem. In England it is only the premier division which pays enough to keep a major club going (and only a few will enter the european competitions and get income from there as well). The rest of the clubs will slowly decay financially until they are not able to pay wages or reasonable transfer fees. Then the other "leagues" with low-profile clubs will eventually be equally or almost as lucrative to play in as the "superleague" because they rise to the same financial level.

I've tried solving this with "sugar daddy"'s for the "English" clubs, but unfortunately that is either or fluke or just inflates the financial system completely.

Have you solved this problem? If you have I sure would download it.

just started a season as celtic, in the pro league(championship) and finding it brilliant! though had a chuckle when rangers are in the league below and sure enough 1st round of league cup who do we get...rangers, whats the betting that i get them in the fa cup 2 lol

It's hard to change the finances but I sure changed the reputations of the leagues and I can assure you that Serie A and La Liga have less reputation than League 2 in this version! Thus at least you can attract players that wouldn't go to inferior teams that have been sent through swapping in the editor ;)

I'm trying to think of the perfect challenge using this database and a few have come in mind so far. One is to make Hoffenheim a top team and another option I've thought of is to take an English team from the lower leagues back to the premier league.

Archived