Balls: help

Garate

I'm going over and over it, but can't make installed balls show in the 2d. I had no problem in FM 08, and I had them in the right folder, My Documents/..../graphics/pitch/balls, etc. So what can be wrong? Do I need any file other than the balls pictures inside the balls folder (I've seen some come with a .tst file)? I'm using the default skin: do I need to do something for the skin in the folder under My Documents (which is empty)? Do I need to remove the original balls in the fmf file?

I guess this I had to figure it out myself. But at least I'm going to explain how I made balls to work, in case somebody comes around with the same problem: in My Documents/...../skins, I created a folder called fm2009 (the default I'm using -it's actually empty, since the skin is in the fmf file in Programs and I didn't mess with that). I filled it just with a folder named graphics, inside I made a pitch folder, then balls (so same as usual, but in skin). I put my ball in this folder and it worked.

I hope I help more than I've been helped ;)

Lol, yeah I can't get balls into this or last one.

I tried in FM08 to put in skins too but that never worked either... :(

I am assuming that the balls don't show up in 3D? :p

So I'm using the itunes skin (on both), do I go into the itunes folder or create a new folder in skins but I want to use itunes? If i go into itunes I just see config and panels folder, do i put the folders for graphics balls etc in there?

The problem appears to be that for FM09 the balls folder has been moved to the skins folder, meaning the game will show the default balls ahead of any you put in the My Documents folder, to counter this you'll need to create a new skin.

For me it actually works, the way I described, with a fm2009 folder in My Documents/.../skins which only has graphics/pitch/balls. Balls do show up, obviously only in 2D.

For me it actually works, the way I described, with a fm2009 folder in My Documents/.../skins which only has graphics/pitch/balls. Balls do show up, obviously only in 2D.

So you have to use the default skin?

ok i have worked out how to get new balls into game

if your playing through steam, go to steam/steamapps/common/footballmanager2009/data/sigfx/meshes/ball

you will find 2 dds files in there, these are the files to change.

after i experimented with these files i know have a blue and black ball in game

fmball.png

p.s they go back in the folder they came from and not to go into documents folder

this also gets me thinking about the other files in the meshes folder, if you change any texture in there they go back in there, so i could probably answer any other questions about things like dugout and flags

No I don't want the 3D balls yet.

I'm asking about 2D.

You just need the balls, but you have to put them in a ball folder created in skins, with whatever skin you use -if that's default, create an empty folder named fm2009 and put there folders according to the usual pathway (graphics/pitch/balls).

Archived