Director Of Football: John Rudge

Fitness Coach: John McKeown

Physio: Dave Watson

Youth Coaches: George Foster, Ronnie Sinclair, Adrien Pennock

Scout: Frank Sharps

Squad Analysis:

stoke_team.jpg

Goalkeepers:

Thomas Sorenson is the best keeper in the Stoke squad and since he is getting old a young goalkeeper should be brought in to replace him. Steve Simonsen is the only other back up and can be sold for around 300k is you need the extra cash!

Full Backs:

Stoke have a number of decent full backs but none of them are top class. Andy Wilkinson and Carl Dickinson provide muscle whilst Andy Griffin and Danny Higginbottom provide the experience. I would reccomend you bring in a quality full back to partener Higginbottom in the full back role!

Centre Backs:

Stoke have reinforced this position over the summer and have a bunch of good centre backs. Leon Cort was brought from Crystal Palace for 1m and played well consistantly in the championship. Ryan Shawcross was brought from Man United after a loan spell and looks to have the potential to become a leading English centre back. Andrew Davies is another back up for the two new centre backs Sonko and Faye. They are both strong and good in the air and will work hard to keep there place in the first team. So all in all the centre back position is strong and probably wont need to reinforced with new players. Matteo can be offloaded for little money because he is old and cannot keep up with the pace of the premiership.

Midfielders:

Rory Delap is obviously submented his place in the midfield thanks to his long throws. The other centre midfield place is largly contested by a number of players. Tom Soares has shwon lots of potential in this position aswell as powerhouse Olofinjana who has a high work rate. But new signings Diao and Faye will also be contesting for this place and your going to have a hard selection choice in this position. Michael Tonge can be offloaded if you need to for 750k.

Wingers:

Liam Lawrence the "Wing Wizard" must certainly make the starting line up after his brilliant preformances in the championship. Danny Pugh and Glen Whelan are the only other main contenders for this position so you should be looking to at least bring in one more winger. Tom Soares can cover for this position if needed.

Strikers: Record signing Dave Kitson is the best player in this position but Ricardo Fuller is not far off at being the best striker. The Kitson-Fuller partenership should work pretty well but if not i'd advise dropping Kitson and let Sidibe play with Fuller. Cresswell is a decent player but should be offloaded if you need more funds.

Overall the squad isn't bad and with a extra couple of players the team should stay up. Tatics wise i'd use the 4-4-2 and definately make use of Rory Delaps long throw-ins. The team play well when they're playing phisically so set tackling to hard, closing down all over the pitch and direct passing!

Good luck!

2984126220-soccer-coca-cola-football-league-championship-stoke-city-v-southampton.jpg

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm after a few good players for stoke who are relatively cheap, I'm signing Ibarra for 350k (RB), Jorge Wagner for left midfield at 750k, Darcheville to add a bit of pace and finishing upfront for 275k (my god he looks fat - John Parkin the second coming he may well be). Ex-Stoke Sergey Shtanyuk, now 34 he still has good defensive stats and available on a pittance. Then Freddie Ljunberg (sp) and Owen Garvan.

Martin Palermo is another player I'm after who is going to be quite costly, if anyone can recommend good, cheap signings for Stoke it'd be appreciated.

Ljungberg is a great bargain and Ibarra sometimes makes the Argentina squad! Owen Garvan has lots of potential and Darcheville should add some more competition to the front line! The only place you need to improve is the goalkeeping slot so i'd advise you buy Enyeama (can be brought for 60k and is in the nigeria squad)! Good luck!

hello brother potters!

havent really got into the game properly yet cus im waiting for the mac patch but heres my tips so far -

ensua LB from liverpool on loan (20% of wages)

marvin elliot DM(but use at RB) about 1m

+ abou trika AM/LM, cameron jerome ST(good back up for fuller), micheal mcindoe LM

i've picked up darcheville, mcculloch on loan, darron gibson on loan, charlie adam and a couple of youngsters.

couldn't find any fullbacks i liked in the time, so im struggling there.

mid table so far, with wins over liverpool and at villa the highs of the season with a drubbing against man city the low so far

I think I need to replace higginbotham at left back as well in my side, if he hasn't moved, the 34 year old argentine ibarra looks a pretty decent right back. My side are always contesting matches but a couple of late, long range goals are depriving my side of the points they should have.

Got the game eventually! Hooray! Will be playing as Stoke! Santy001 have you tried these keepers:

Vincenzo Fiorillo – Sampdoria – GK

Josh Lambo – FC Dallas – GK

Antonio Adan – Castilla – GK

Sergio Asenjo – Valladolid – GK

David De Gea – Atletico B – GK

Jose Rafael Alamo – Tapachula – GK

Miguel Angel Fraga – Morelia – GK

Alfonso Blanco – Pachuca – GK

Giorgi Makaridze – Dinamo Tbilisi – GK

Joris Delle – Metz – GK

Zakarie Boucher – Havre – GK

Asmir Begovic – Portsmouth – GK

Joao Carlos – Atletico Paranaense – GK

Oscar Ustari – Getafe – GK

Cassio – PSV – GK

Geoffrey Jourdren – Montpellier – GK

Sergio Arias – Chivas – GK

Great youngsters with great potential!

I need experienced keepers who can come into the side straight away, developing youngsters is a long way off for me yet lol.

Someone recommended me Vonk in one thread, he's disgraceful, 12 goals in 2 games against West Brom and Sunderland. I won both these fixtures earlier in the season.

Gone for lukasz zaluska eventually, he did well in his debut against man utd, but still inevitably conceded a long range shot thanks to Carrick.

Rusol has finally signed so I should be able to say what he's about soon enough.

I scraped survival, but after staying up on the second to last game, and having 24m in the bank, I got to the next season and the board would only give me at most 9m to spend to win the league and the wage bill wasn't getting any bigger so I decided I couldn't carry on with that game; I've decided to give myself a proper budget and restart lol.

I had one that worked well, but it sort of fell apart, and I couldn't be bothered to do it with all the money, so I've gone back to it, now facing a second season in the premiership with avoid relegation and 4m to keep me up, and I found zaluska searching for stats, because no one who was any good came up as being interested for that search criteria lol.

As much as this save frustrates me with no money, I've gone back to it lol.

I started my first game off on Sunday with Stoke and so far I brought Ibarra (RB) for £350k, Macauley Chrisantus (STK) £1.5m and Joe Ledly for £3.5m and i also signed Darcheville on loan for a season, which didn't cost me anything. I started off ok results wise with a 1-1 draw against Portsmouth and 0-0 against Man City! But then disater struck, getting knocked out of the league cup by Tranmere 1-0 despite playing a full strength side. I lost the next 2 games before drawing against West Ham 0-0 but in six 6 games i had scored just 2 goals! But after an inspiring press conference/team talk, we beat Blackburn at home 3-0, this sparked a 6 match unbeaten run (including a highlight of a 1-1 at the emirates) but soon came crashing back down to earth at Old Trafford getting turned over 6-0. I managed to pick the team up for a very lucky (last minute strike from Ricardo Fuller) victory over wigan 2-1. This was followed by beating West Brom 2-0 in comfortable fashion but it now leaves me a a very lofty (and perhaps false) position of 6th! My best player has been Joe Ledly who has the second best average rating in the league and has contributed 3 goals and 4 assits in just 11 games, an ispiration. Darcheville has now proved to be a very good signing although i was very wary hence only signing him on loan, but after a slow start he now has 5 goals in 8 starts (and 5 sub appearances). The only person who has been very disappointing for me is Dave Kitson, he just can't seem to score (much like now lol!) and is playing very poor no matter who i play him with. I have just put him into the reserves for 2 weeks to see if this changes anything when he comes back. When i get home from work tonight i look forward to the January transfer window which isn't to far ahead, but i need to try and sell some more reserve players first to create some transfer funds.

Has anyone got any recomendations for a better ass. manager or coaches? Because Kemp just isn't up to standard and i don't really think the coaches are good enough as i always like to have a good set of backroom staff. Any suggestions would be great, Thanks!

Kitson was my top goalscorer, if you've still got some money left I'd suggest looking at Robert Lewandowski, looks to be a great prospect up front and on my game he has pace, strength, finishing and composure. When it comes to staff, I'd suggest leaving that area be until you can afford it fully, its worth just making as much money as you can because I finished the season with 24m and still only got a 5m budget the next season.

How far into the game is everyone? Has anyone completed 2 seasons yet as it would be interesting to know how much of a transfer budget there is then!

And also is it worth keeping Tom Soares or should he be sold?

I'm in january in my first season with Stoke despite a desperate start i've managed to tweak my tactics into a strong method of getting vital draws away from home and scraping home wins. Currentl just above the relegation zone in 17th and on a good run of form. Club is doing well financially. In regards to Tom Soares, played him in only four games, poor contribution. You dont really need him. Have you signed any back up for Lawrence?

I'm at december in the second season, edging closer towards the end of it lol. Lawrence has gone to everton on my game, I sold him for just under 8m, I've let Soares go out on loan because I've got a good player coming in during the january window for right midfield. I'm struggling again, but wheeling and dealing is working reasonably well.

I have tried to sign a couple of coaches who were unattached after releasing some of the very poor backroom staff but the board won't let me so far so I'm hoping they will allow more me to have more coaches in the second season. Does anyone know if your wage budget affects how many coaches you are allowed? i.e. how far over/under you are.

I don't tend to use Delap that much so can't say I've really tried. I've decided to keep Soares, for now at least as i couldn't find a replacement in time. Jus coming towards the end of the season and I'm going through an extremely tough run, haven't won in 7 games now and I have been dragged right back into the relagation battle. I've tried changing formation/tactics and personnel but it just won't work right now! But I'm sure (well hoping really!) that when i get home and continue we shall just about be safe, which for me is good enough.

Has anybody got any recommendation for left/right backs as i desperately need to buy these at the end of the season as my defence is just leaking goals at the moment.

I have tried to sign a couple of coaches who were unattached after releasing some of the very poor backroom staff but the board won't let me so far so I'm hoping they will allow more me to have more coaches in the second season. Does anyone know if your wage budget affects how many coaches you are allowed? i.e. how far over/under you are.

I don't tend to use Delap that much so can't say I've really tried. I've decided to keep Soares, for now at least as i couldn't find a replacement in time. Jus coming towards the end of the season and I'm going through an extremely tough run, haven't won in 7 games now and I have been dragged right back into the relagation battle. I've tried changing formation/tactics and personnel but it just won't work right now! But I'm sure (well hoping really!) that when i get home and continue we shall just about be safe, which for me is good enough.

Has anybody got any recommendation for left/right backs as i desperately need to buy these at the end of the season as my defence is just leaking goals at the moment.

Have you checked out Wilson from Celtic and Insua from liverpool? I have them on loan in my first season with Stoke and they are solid.

has anyone managed to come up with some effective instructions to utilise rory delaps long throws?

I have him instructed to long throws but I never see him doing it and sometimes he throws it short. I only watch games in key highlights and my throw ins are rarely shown, so that means they're not working for me anyway. I'm considering replacing him.

Just entered January of the second season, so thought I would put up my transfer history and activity of who has come in, theres some good players in here who I will recommend afterwards.

08/09 In:

Hans Vonk - Free (ajax)

Sadick Adams - 325k (athletico madrid)

Lukasz Zaluska - 3.5m (dundee united)

Marco Zambelli - 2.2m (brescia)

Andriy Rusol - Free (unattached)

Sergey Shtanyuk - 80k (rostov)

Jorge Wagner - 750k (sao paulo)

Jean Claude Darcheville - 275k (rangers)

Fredrik Ljunberrg - 14k (seattle)

Macauley Chrisantus - 2m (HSV)

Abubakari Yakubu - 1.6m (Vitesse)

Juan Pablo Angel - Free (New York)

Fabien Delph - 850k (leeds)

Total In: 11.75m

08/09 Out:

Danny Pugh - 700k (wolves)

Liam Lawrence - 8m (everton)

Glenn Whelan - 500k (west brom)

Mamady Sidibe - 1.5m (bristol city)

Demar Phillips - 500k (bristol city)

Andy Wilkinson - 1m (swansea city)

Fabien Delph - 6.5m (everton)

Total out: 19.75m

I'd recommend Zambelli hes a good prospect and is developing interest and bids of around 5m by January of the second season. Rusol is a good defener and his contract expiring in December means you can snap him up for free, and Sergey Shtanyuk is a good cheap defender, still quite good now as a cover up defender.

09/10 In:

Imanol Arrasate - 1.9m (albacete)

Luis Boa Morte - 500k (west ham)

Danny Pond - 1.3m (sheffield wednesday)

Silvio Annunziata - 1.1m (cheivo)

Robert Lewandowski - 1.1m (lech)

Vasco Regini - 900k (50-50 to cesena and fiorentina)

Angelo Antonazzo - 900k (50-50 to chievo and frosinone)

Alberto - 2.4m (albacete)

Jozy Altidore - 1.7m (villareal)

Juan Angel Albin - 1.9m (getafe)

Anouar Diba - 4.6m (le mans union club 72)

Giourkas Seitaridis - free (athletico madrid)

Total In: 18.25m

09/10 out:

Leon Cort - 700k (birmingham)

Andrew Davies - 1m (sheffield united)

Andy Griffin - 1.1m (ipswich)

Ibrahima Sonko - 1.3m (middlesbrough)

Abubakari Yakubu - 4.8m (sunderland)

Jorge Wagner - 1.5m (hull)

Dave Kitson - 1.5m (reading)

Juan Pablo Angel - free (swansea city)

Total Out: 12m

This season I bought 3 young prospects, all with 7 star ratngs by all my coaches/scouts. They were Danny Pond, Immanol Arrasate and Silvio Annunziata, and Vasco Regini was 6 stars so and only 18 or 19 making him a good buy too.

With the signing of Diba I now have a much more technically gifted midfield, lining up with:

Albin - Alberto - Zambelli - Diba

Diba and Albin both are pacey wingers, and the Zambelli, Alberto partnership in the middle is an all out improvement on this time last seasons Delap and Diao partnership.

Lewandowski looks good, but has been a terrible buy for me this season, he's yet to score despite starting almost every game and I'm hoping in time he can settle, but Altidore is doing reasonably well, and now with another good midfielder to set him up hopefully he'll score more.

I scraped through on the last day with a win in 17th, I'm currently still 17th but now losses are more a case of misfortune rather than last season when the team was getting shown up constantly.

If you need wingers I'd suggest taking a look at Diba and Albin, they're both pacey wingers who can get around players easier, but in some regards my biggest mistake was selling Lawrence, I don't know what it was, but Lawrence didn't half put in some crosses and before I sold him my side were comfortably 10th in the table and I haven't been able to emulate the style of play since, Kitson had 10 goals before Lawrence left, he only scored 2 more after he went until I sold him this january.

Only thing I can really think of is trying to get a striker with 17+ pace, someone who can really burst out at opponents.

Archived