EPL with Rangers & Celtic

Beneamata

I'm very new to FM but I'm loving the game and I'm reasonably conversant with the Editor.

I understand how to swap teams from one league to another but I'll need some help puting the Old Firm in the Premiership.

My initial thought is to swap the appropriate teams in the top 4 English leagues and 4 Scottish ones to keep some form of the original dynamic in place. resulting in Rangers and Celtic playing in the EPL, two promoted Scottish sides in the SPL, and the two lowest English league sides being renamed and placed at the foot of Scottish div.3.

Where I need help is Nationalities and competitions. Things like - do I need to make the Old Firm English and the original English teams Scottish? What will happen with youth leagues and the youths that play in them? What about European competitions? Things like that.

And lastly - how stable will the set-up be? I've heard 'Super Leagues' can be unstable.

Thanks in advance for any input.

P.S. No urgency here, because I'll be playing a Torino save in the meanwhile; but I do want to give this idea a try.

When you swap teams their nationality should automatically change. Teams playing in England should have English as their nationality so if you put Celtic in the English League Structure their nationality should be English.

The Celtic youth team, for example, will compete in the English youth competitions. The new youth players will still be Scottish as they are based on the city where the club is based i.e. where their stadium is located.

The same clubs will still be in European competition the first season unless you change it from their competitions screen After that it would depend where they finish in the table like normal. Celtic, for example, would compete in Europe as an English club.

Just swapping teams should not be unstable. League swapping is where crashes can occur which is where you actually swap the league structures between 2 countries.

Having given it a little more thought I wondered if I should make any alterations, under artisitic licence!, to the Old Firms' reputation (as they are now in a league with higher repute), attendances, finances (because of increased TV revenue) and ticket proces.

What do you think?

Having given it a little more thought I wondered if I should make any alterations, under artisitic licence!, to the Old Firms' reputation (as they are now in a league with higher repute), attendances, finances (because of increased TV revenue) and ticket proces.

What do you think?

It is up to you but if it were me I wouldn't change Celtic's or Rangers' reputation as it is already higher than any English club excluding the big 4.

It is up to you but if it were me I wouldn't change Celtic's or Rangers' reputation as it is already higher than any English club excluding the big 4.

Hadn't noticed that, thanks.

And I think I remember reading that I'll need to change the last competition played in or something, and the last league placing?

Hadn't noticed that, thanks.

And I think I remember reading that I'll need to change the last competition played in or something, and the last league placing?

Yeah, that is something you also need to do. Make sure you have no duplicates where more than one club have the same last position and last competition.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi folks.

Just started doing this today. Going not bad but I have a couple of questions.

1. The lower league english teams that I've moved have regional competitions like 'English Northern Premier League Premier Division' and others - do I need to worry about changing these, deleting them or leave as they are??

2. Regarding changing team histories - I think I'm meant to delete all histories in changed teams and leave suitable entries for the previous year (2007) only. I'm wondering if it matters what this entry is, as long as it's not the same as any other team in that league??

Thanks for any help, G.

I'm not sure whether the regional leagues will make a difference. You could test it to see will it work by leaving them.

I don't think team histories make any difference to be honest. I think it is purely cosmetic. I think you are getting mixed up with last position and last division which are in the teams competition section and they need to be changed.

I'm very new to FM but I'm loving the game and I'm reasonably conversant with the Editor.

I understand how to swap teams from one league to another but I'll need some help puting the Old Firm in the Premiership.

My initial thought is to swap the appropriate teams in the top 4 English leagues and 4 Scottish ones to keep some form of the original dynamic in place. resulting in Rangers and Celtic playing in the EPL, two promoted Scottish sides in the SPL, and the two lowest English league sides being renamed and placed at the foot of Scottish div.3.

Where I need help is Nationalities and competitions. Things like - do I need to make the Old Firm English and the original English teams Scottish? What will happen with youth leagues and the youths that play in them? What about European competitions? Things like that.

And lastly - how stable will the set-up be? I've heard 'Super Leagues' can be unstable.

Thanks in advance for any input.

P.S. No urgency here, because I'll be playing a Torino save in the meanwhile; but I do want to give this idea a try.

hi mate is there any chance of you uploading the db when its all working as i would love to play as Celtic in the epl as i have always wondered whey they would finish. thanks in advance mate

hi mate is there any chance of you uploading the db when its all working

I'd like to add a WINRAR to Filefront but when I try to compress it the file is still showing as full size (58MB) - can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong??

I've holidayed the game from July '07 until September '08 and it's fine in that period. Changes are in a readme in the file.

I'd like to add a WINRAR to Filefront but when I try to compress it the file is still showing as full size (58MB) - can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong??

I've holidayed the game from July '07 until September '08 and it's fine in that period. Changes are in a readme in the file.

Create a new rar file and copy and paste the database into it. Then upload the rar file to filefront. If you need anymore detailed help just let me know.

I've put it on Filefront , but be aware - despite putting it in a WINRAR file it's still showing as 66MB!?! Still don't know what I'm doing wrong!

The database used was ADDM update so that team gets the credit for the hard work before I altered anything.

In addition to what's in the readme I'd say that the re-named clubs in the Scottish 3rd division are still showing Aldershot and Exeters badges - that's not a problem for me, but if you're going to play the Scottish leagues then it will be.

Heres the link -

http://hosted.filefront.com/Nerazzurri07/

I've put it on Filefront , but be aware - despite putting it in a WINRAR file it's still showing as 66MB!?! Still don't know what I'm doing wrong!

The database used was ADDM update so that team gets the credit for the hard work before I altered anything.

In addition to what's in the readme I'd say that the re-named clubs in the Scottish 3rd division are still showing Aldershot and Exeters badges - that's not a problem for me, but if you're going to play the Scottish leagues then it will be.

Heres the link -

http://hosted.filefront.com/Nerazzurri07/

hi ive extracted the database to the normal place and my game cant find it can you please help as i am really looking forward to playing as celtic in the epl. thanks in advance

hi ive extracted the database to the normal place and my game cant find it can you please help

I've checked the uploaded file for content and it seems fine. However, I have removed it and at the moment I'm replacing it with copy of the database I've been using today. Strange that it's not working as I've holidayed a few times and I've been playing it today. If you confirm you're extracting it in my documents/SI/fm2008/db. Should it not work I'm really at a loss to help I'm afraid.

hi ive extracted the database to the normal place and my game cant find it can you please help as i am really looking forward to playing as celtic in the epl. thanks in advance

If you want I will help you with using a database but I don't have this particular one. Anyway for swapping teams an edt file is much quicker to make and easier to use. By the way I have sent you a pm. :D

I've checked the uploaded file for content and it seems fine. However, I have removed it and at the moment I'm replacing it with copy of the database I've been using today. Strange that it's not working as I've holidayed a few times and I've been playing it today. If you confirm you're extracting it in my documents/SI/fm2008/db. Should it not work I'm really at a loss to help I'm afraid.

yer thats where ive extracted it to ive got other updates that work just not this one for some reason lol. anyway thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...
A few questions;

1) Are Celtic still in the Champions League?

2) Have the budgets been changed?

3) Are all the summer transfers present?

Thanks.

1. No. It would skew the co-efficient, as they both now appear as English clubs. IRL I imagine the Old Firm would be OK with this, at it would be viewed that the increased revenues from playing south of the border would more than make up for it. I alloted the Scottish Euro placings to next highest finishing teams.

2. Yes. IIRC I increased them both by about £10m to reflect fresh investment cash that I think a move south would generate. The transfer budgets were adjusted accordingly too, and gate/season prices slightly increased (IIRC prices were along the lines of Blackburn and Middlesboro, which I think is fair enough).

4. Yes. It's a modified ADDM update.

I started a game a few weeks ago and put both teams in the Championship.

I was Rangers and won the league. Celtic finished 2nd and fired Gordon Strachan.

In the EPL Celtic were bottom 6 the whole way through the season and sacked 6 managers including Frank Rijkaard, Juande Ramos and Martin O'Neil. Board of directors didnt exactly have much patience.

CRAZY!

1. No. It would skew the co-efficient, as they both now appear as English clubs. IRL I imagine the Old Firm would be OK with this, at it would be viewed that the increased revenues from playing south of the border would more than make up for it. I alloted the Scottish Euro placings to next highest finishing teams.

2. Yes. IIRC I increased them both by about £10m to reflect fresh investment cash that I think a move south would generate. The transfer budgets were adjusted accordingly too, and gate/season prices slightly increased (IIRC prices were along the lines of Blackburn and Middlesboro, which I think is fair enough).

4. Yes. It's a modified ADDM update.

Looks pretty good, yeah.

Modified it to make it more realistic (changed Aldershot and Exeter back, placed them in lower English leagues, put Cove Rangers and Spartans in the 3rd Division, edited their old leagues and balanced out the numbers by recreating Third Lanark and Renton). Hope you don't mind too much.

Good job in any case. :thup:

No mate, do what you want with it. The guys at ADDM have done the hard work with updating the database.

I don't know if you noticed but I put Annan in the 3rd, whereas in the update they're in the 1st.

Funnily enough I toyed with the idea of Thirds, Renton or Cowlairs. But I decided to go down the generic line.

Archived