Windowed Mode

If you've tried Options > Preferences (which works for me on Vista as I'm using a wider screen), then right-click your FM08 Icon, and in the target line (if you can edit it), paste

"C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\fm.exe" -small_screen -windowed

Obviously that would change depending on your install directory. If it won't let you do that, change your screen resolution, FM needs 1024 x 768 pixels to run in windowed mode, and you need to take into account taskbars etc.

Ok didnt quite get that reply.

yes i have tried changing it in options>prefrences and get a message saying the sytem doesnt support this.

also tried changing from resolotion 1280 x 800 to the 1024 x 768

can you help change this?

Find the shortcut that you use to load FM. Right-click on it and select Properties. I found on XP I could change the target line but not on Vista (but it doesn't matter to me as I can do it in the Preferences). Can you change the target line to the code I put above?

Find the shortcut that you use to load FM. Right-click on it and select Properties. I found on XP I could change the target line but not on Vista (but it doesn't matter to me as I can do it in the Preferences). Can you change the target line to the code I put above?

There is no target line when i go into properties. confused!!!

right click the fm08 icon and select properties copy and paste this into the first writeable text box "target"

"C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\fm.exe" -small_screen -windowed

Like i said i don't have a "target" option in the properties menu.

Try going to where you installed Football Manager (probably C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008, and open the file fm-MCE.

ok was able to find target option here and put in what you said....still however says system doesnt support it....bloody annoying. Theres surely some way i can play the game in windowed mode.

For those with Vista having greyed-out properties issues, create a shortcut to your FM.exe file on your desktop and then change the information in that shortcut.

To do that, you need to right-click the shortcut icon for FM08 and select properties from the pop-up menu.

A box will appear on which there is a textbox with the title Tartget:

In that box overwrite everything with the following text:-

"C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\fm.exe" --small_screen --windowed

This assumes that FM was installed to the C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008 directory. If it was installed anywhere else, you need to change the text to match.

Make sure FM isn't running when you do this (although it won't stop you from doing it, you have to start the game again for the change to happen).

Archived