Jambo Dave 3-5-2

Just a thread to keep this brilliant tactic alive as his topic is closed. Here it is:

Hey guys, I'm relatively new to this forum but thought i'd post my tactic in the same way as NTFC and see what sort of feedback I get.

I started a game with St. Johnstone in the scottish D1 and have now won 6 spl titles in a row plus 2 champions league trophies and one uefa cup. I got promoted playing standard 4-4-2 but was struggling a bit in the spl in my 1st season until I changed to my current tactic which has knocked the old firm of the top!

The formation is 3-5-2

Emphasis - Normal

Passing - Short

Tackling - Normal

Pressing - Yes

Offside trap - No

Counter Attack - No

Men Behind the Ball - No

I also don't play with a playmaker.

Player instructions

Passing - All set to team

Tackling all set to team except 3 centre midfielders who are set to HARD.

Pressing all set to yes except the back 3 defenders and the goalkeeper.

Pass to - Everyone set to R/L/C

Set pieces - haven't changed

Free role - Both wide player (ML and MR) set to yes and everyone else No.

Forward runs all no except wide men and the middle man of the 3 central midfielders and one of the strikers

Run with ball - All no except wide men, middle of the 3 central midfielders and one of the strikers

Hold up ball - All set to NO

Long Shots - All set to No except all 3 central midfielders and the striker who is set to run with ball.

Through Balls - All set to NO

Cross Ball - All set to NO

Marking - Similar to NTFC, all set to man marking except goalkeeper, the middle of the 3 defenders and the middle of the 3 midfielders.

This tactic relies heavily on the middle man of the 3 midfielders, in my game the guy I have there has scored over 40 goals in every season and often scores four or five in single games. The key stats to look for in this role are shooting, dribbling, passing, tackling and movement and he will score loads of goals.

Obviously players like Totti, Lampard, etc are good but there is a guy you can get cheap really early called Sebastien Zuniga who you can get cheap as chips and at age 15 will give you years of service.

I have tested the tactic with Roam in Serie A alos and won Serie A and the UEFA cup in the first season so I am thikning it's a decent tactic, would be nice to here if anyone else tries it though.

It's worked an absolute treat for me i've won pretty much everything for 5 seasons.

Its not the best for smaller clubs but when you've got a good team it's unstoppable!

A solid defence is vital as they'll need to be be clearing off the line and making last ditch tackles. Its a very attacking formation and works on the principle they score one you score two.

If you have good players in midfield and up front you should'nt have to worry about conceding because you'll score a lot. Last season Silva scored 41 goals in CM and Adebayor got 34 as well as most of the other midfield and forwards getting double figures.

Just make sure you get quality players and when all the regens appear you can make a quality team for hardly anything!

I also use this tactic bar a couple of tweaks.

I agree it is very successful. It is a leveller. In the Championship with Plymouth Argyle I won by 27 clear points and am 2nd in season 2 at Christmas behind Man Utd. 1st season, £0 spent from an £0,085,000 transfer budget.

Occassionally it does leak and I sometimes win 4-3 etc. But I mostly win and at least my fans get good goal action value for money.

• 2 weeks later...
Marking - Similar to NTFC, all set to man marking except goalkeeper, the middle of the 3 defenders and the middle of the 3 midfielders.

Apologies if this is a dumb question; presumably the GK marking is set to none but what about the 2 middle guys? Are they set to Zonal or none?

I've just completed my 1st saeson with liverpool using this tactic,results speak louder than words=

Played- 64

Won- 55- 85.9%

Drawn- 5- 7.8%

Lost- 4- 6.2%

Scored 162- 2.53p/m

Conceded 35- 0.55p/m

Premiership- Won

Champions league- Won

League cup- won

F.A Cup- Lost in quater final to eventual winners tottenham

This Tactic is awesome!!!!

I concur with Blade4life.

I switched to this tactic early on in my 1st season with Liverpool and achieved similar results:

Played: 65

Won: 52 - 80%

Drawn: 5 - 7.7%

Lost: 8 - 12.3%

Scored: 183 - 2.82p/m

Conceded: 53 - 0.82p/m

Premiership - Won

Champs League - Won

League Cup - Runners up

FA Cup - Semi's

Jambo Dave Rocks!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

If you mean the tactic used in CM 03/04 then you are wrong. Diablo was actually a 4-4-2 with a defensive midfielder and a central midfielder running up to the other two strikers. In this tactic, there is no defensive midfielder or lines running upwards. And... more importantly, it's a 3-5-2 not a 4-4-2.

Guest joeey3

Yeess this is the best tactic going! Accrington Stanley in the championship...was doin quite bad but with this tactic climbing up the leagueeicon_biggrin.gif

Hi guys,

A question about the MC. Is there any arrow used on him? Everyone says he is/will have great results, but I can't get him to score. Is there any arrow used?

I did not follow this tactics exactly. As I like having wing backs instead of ML/MR. I tried to modify this to a 2-3-3-2 (by moving ML/MR to DML/DMR and middle DC to DMC). I also have arrows moving the DML/DMR up. My team should be in the same formation as the 3-5-2 while attacking.

Originally posted by Vissia:

Hi guys,

A question about the MC. Is there any arrow used on him? Everyone says he is/will have great results, but I can't get him to score. Is there any arrow used?

I've never used arrows on any of the 5 midfielders and I don't believe the original thread ever metioned arrows either.

Your middle MC should be your best finisher though.

No there is no arrow on the middle MC. This tactic was created for the original FMH game so Jambo didn't include any arrows. However, I have experimented with a few variations of this tactic but for some reason, I never get any better results. - This goes for an arrow on the MC too so I would recommend not using it.

This formation worked for the first 2 matches i played (bt liverpool 4-0, and bt tottenham 2-0) but then i drew 2-2 against everton, then lost against chelsea in the league cup, then lost to man utd in the league cup. Theres nothing wrong with the middle man with the stats you have suggested, or the wingers/ striker, and no problems at the back, so i dont know whats wrong

Originally posted by Alex2707:

This formation worked for the first 2 matches i played (bt liverpool 4-0, and bt tottenham 2-0) but then i drew 2-2 against everton, then lost against chelsea in the league cup, then lost to man utd in the league cup. Theres nothing wrong with the middle man with the stats you have suggested, or the wingers/ striker, and no problems at the back, so i dont know whats wrong

It appears you lost in the League Cup twice... :s

I disagree - Diego got over 30+ goals every season that I had him (7 seasons) with Man Utd.

Nice! I signed Diego last night (before reading this) as he seemed to be the best player availabelat that position for the money I had. He's been a bit inconsistent but still doing great. he got 4 goals in 1 game for me.'

Anyway, this tactic has given me incredible success. First season with Newcastle, won the league and league cup. Runners-up in the FA cup. 2nd season I'm 9-1-0 in the league and scoring for fun!

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Archived