FM08: Raydale Football Club - Up For A Challenge?

As Gretna FC fade out of existance, a new club Raydale FC is born, With a new 2000 all seater-stadium and an upgrade to 12,000 after a year, the future is bright for the the town of gretna. A starting budget of -£40,000 adds a financial challenge but a couple of firendlies against rangers and celtic should wipe that clean. Exellent youth facilities will help bolster the squad of 2; featuring a 36 year old keeper/asst manager and a young trinidadian of premier league quality who has agreed to move to kilmarnock for £50,000 at the end of the season.

With such a large stadium compartiable, promotion to the scottish first division the only option and if you can wipe away the initial debt, and with a stadium upgrade coming next year the only way is up!

enjoy your game, i'll post the databse in about 50 mins when it's loaded

Download Instructions (borrowed from harpenden thread)

1. Open the link

2. Press the orange 'Download Now' button, above the information

3. When the option box appears, select 'save'

4. Save the file to "(Your Name), My Documents, Sports Interactive, Football Manager 2008, games, (save file here)

5. Wait for the file to download fully.

6. You can then play it as usual from the Football Manager opening screen.

http://files.filefront.com/raydalefm/;10476293;/fileinfo.html

here is the databse

http://files.filefront.com/Raydalezip/;10476900;/fileinfo.html

After downloading the database put it into the db file, but then make a new folder named 'New Club', and put everything downloaded from the zip file (after extracting) into there.

someone give it a go and tell me if it works icon14.gif

so far on the game i've signed a few players and got some firendlies against celtic bolton, and rangers to get out of debt, i've added alot of leagues including france, belguim and poland, so there is pleanty of choice, could turn out to be a really good challenging game

Originally posted by ryan12:

could u please explain it again cos i cant get it to work

i cant get de database to work could u please give me a more detailed explain

When the database is downloaded, right click on it and press 'extract all'.

Put the extracted files into 'New Team'.

Then just go and start a new game with that database loaded.

To the OP -

Copy caticon_wink.gificon_wink.gif

Thanks for the mention with the download thingyicon_smile.gif

To anyone who starts a game as Raydale, make sure you load Poland and Romania.

Then sign

Balde(Boubadle?)

Jurak

Kosecki

Prusak

Keeble

Originally posted by ryan12:

are raydale a real team

isnt it gretnas ground no sorry gretnas old ground

Raydale Park is a football stadium in Gretna, Scotland, the home ground of Gretna F.C.. Gretna played most of their home games at Raydale during their existence in English non-league football and then during their period in the Scottish Football League.

Gretna played most of their games in the 2007-08 season at Fir Park, Motherwell because Raydale did not meet SPL requirements.[1] This meant a 150 mile round trip for fans from the Gretna area. Gretna also played a UEFA Cup match (a 1-5 defeat to Derry City) at Fir Park because Raydale was inadequate for that competition.[2]

Gretna had planned to leave Raydale Park and move to an Eco Stadium in Gretna Green.[3][4] These plans never came to fruition as the club suffered severe financial problems during the 2007-08 season.

These financial problems are now expected to lead to the sale of the ground for a use other than football.[5]

Originally posted by arsenal_2111:

To the OP -

Copy caticon_wink.gificon_wink.gif

Thanks for the mention with the download thingyicon_smile.gif

To anyone who starts a game as Raydale, make sure you load Poland and Romania.

Then sign

Balde(Boubadle?)

Jurak

Kosecki

Prusak

Keeble

yeah mate, was gonna have a go at your game , but have had quite a few lower league english games, so I decided to make a scottish version and decided to use gretna going out of buisness as the reason for my new team, I've added poland, england, soctland, holland, france, belgium and brazil as extra leagues and made some awesome transfers

segreto

germano (brazillian 26 year old and my best player)

tarrasenko

vasseur

odet

zemzemi

moriera

I did something similar and put my local team Wick Academy who are in the Highland League in Gretnas place in the Third Division. Got to admit it certainly is a challenge starting in the third division and really hard to get players with any quality.

Right im going to have a go at this. But the problem is i am really terrible with pc's but i will try my hardest! Has someone downloaded the game and the database and it works, yes ?

Ahh well i managed to work it out without any help from anyone! I wish you hadn't masked attributes tho! It makes the job of putting a team together even harder than it is because we only have 3.3k for wage and o for transfers.

Originally posted by Dong21:

im confused why gretna is still in the SPL tho and the parent club :s

Yeah I originally planned on dumping gretna out the league altogether but it's confusing to sort out who gets promoted and relegated accordingly so I gave up.

whats leagues you added btw?

I added brazil, belguim, france, england, poland and scotland and hva efound some awesome players, top of the league after 4 games.

and I managed to get out of debt by getting freindlies against celtic, rangers, bolton, blackburn and villa.

Transfers In (all frees)

D.Nouwen

R.Moreira

Germano

S.Odet

S.Prusak

R.Miherre

M.Zemzemi

Boubacar Balde

M.Svensson

W.Jurak

and I got S.donnelley and a brazillian keeper on frees and sold them for 5k and 22k

• 3 weeks later...

Archived