FM10: Ricardo Faty

Aretak

Anybody else use this guy? This is him at the start:

303k35x.jpg

And at the end of the 3rd season in my game:

245n71j.jpg

I'm sure he could actually be better than that, as he went on loan to AC Bellinzona in Switzerland the first season, then I bought him for £425k as Leeds in the Championship at the start of the second season. So he didn't really get the benefit of world class coaching or opposition until the third season when I reached the Prem. Presumably his mental stats at least could be a bit better with a decent tutor.

As it is though he was great in both the Championship and the Premier League for me as Leeds -- one of my best performers in both divisions. I played him as a box-to-box and he did very well. He's not world class by any means, but a great squad player for the pittance you can sign him for (around £750k at the start I think, and as I said I got him for much less at the start of season two).

i kinda like him, very flexible, and does the job decently, sadly im not able to give him much play time with Birghi, Pizzaro, Källström, Aquilani, De Rossi providing competition, maybe i should try re-trainig Faty for a fullback role

• 2 months later...

In my Roma game in the midfield apart from Faty I have Pizarro, Brighi, De Rossi, Mesut Ozil, Gaetano DaGostino.

The only player who has the constant spot in the first eleven is Ricardo. I don't know what makes him so good player as his stats are at the best are average, but he constantly terrorizes the opponents' midfield as a "Ball winning midfielder". He even scores some goals from distance.

Archived