The Official FM2008 "Great Regens" Thread

danny.harv

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Joshlee
Originally posted by DragoLT:

dude, i'm really struglind in search for a good regens icon_confused.gif just finished 4 season, and i have nothing for future icon_rolleyes.gif

man....me too....

Im struggling as well...

i just able to find some decent regens, but not one who will be leading star

is it a Bug? icon_rolleyes.gif

can someone post some good regens to us? icon_confused.gif

I signed a regen for free from CSKA Moscow called Andry Spirin. I knew he was good (promising enough that I signed him without a work permit and put him out on loan to my belgian feeder team for three seasons) but I just checked him in FMM and he has a 198 PA. Jesus!

Also got a Scottish 188 PA youth in my team called Lewis Wright touted as the next Graeme Souness.

Signed an LB from Torino called Fabio Zanzi, with a 182 PA too.

Total cost: £1.2m!

Oops:

Here is Andry Spirin proof of Celtic and back to CSKA:

spirin2nl8.th.jpg

Lewis Wright (youth I got through at Celtic):

wright1vl7.th.jpg

Next Graeme Souness now at Liverpool.. (notice favourite club/personal.. Celtic youth icon_wink.gif)

wright2bw3.th.jpg

Fabio Zanzi

zanzi1ui6.th.jpg

Wonderkid (also notice Scottish nationality stuff, I had him at Celtic!)

zanzi2be4.th.jpg

They looked so average when I signed them, I was really taking my scouts recommendations on board.. I sent Spirin and Wright on loan to my Belgian feeder team and they really blossomed. Plus I got two of them for free so it was low-risk.

The Italian kid had a huge scout recommendation and I signed him for only £1.2m.. as soon as he got a run in the first team his stats exploded.

You just gotta scout pretty hard in 2008/2009.

Yep, Large Database. Doing Italian, English, Spanish and Scottish leagues (just whatever the default lowest league is).

The 198PA regen came from CSKA Moscow though, and three of the best in the entire game that my scouts didn't pick up on were from Ajax, PSV and Feyenoord.

Originally posted by azrie riemann:

PandaPark, what is FMM?

please reply immediately !!!!!

It's called steklo and I got it too.

Here's a link:

When you have downloaded the file, you unzip it using winrar. Then you open the steklo file, and in there it will be 6 files or somehing. Put these files in the skin folder in: mydocuments/sportsinteractive/footballmanager2008/skins

Originally posted by Fabregas18:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by azrie riemann:

PandaPark, what is FMM?

please reply immediately !!!!!

It's called steklo and I got it too.

Here's a link: http://files.filefront.com/steklo+v1+1zip/;8973352;/fileinfo.html

When you have downloaded the file, you unzip it using winrar. Then you open the steklo file, and in there it will be 6 files or somehing. Put these files in the skin folder in: mydocuments/sportsinteractive/footballmanager2008/skins </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry, forgot the link icon_biggrin.gif

they said that the regens face will ''age'' as they grow older so i decided to use the editor to change em to 100 years old!

I already changed a real player, michael poke to 108 years old in my game lol

I've got a few regens I thought I'd share.

First of, the one I'm most proud of - Neil Scott who has come through my own ranks, and is said to potential to be better than Vidic:

neilscottlu3.th.jpg

Then there's Dean Boyd who looks really great too. I've not signed him yet but it's just a matter of time:

deanboydtv4.th.jpg

Next up is Steve Dolan who I again am looking to sign soon. He looks ok, but will need retraining to MC/AMC:

stevedolanev3.th.jpg

Craig Harrison. Neither hasn't been bought yet, but certainly will:

craigharrisonnj0.th.jpg

Darren Hutton is another one I'm looking to sign:

darrenhuttonpo5.th.jpg

Last but not least, Jamie Stewart:

jamiestewartvb9.th.jpg

To be fair, they aren't exactly world beaters yet, but they are the best I've come across so far - that said, I haven't been scouting much yet, which also is why I haven't already bought them.

Neil Scott and Dean Boyd look like their going to be world beaters icon14.gif

Steve Dolan looks okay but I agree with you that he has to be re-trained.

I wouldn't bother signing Craig Harrison. He doesnt look like he'll become anything to special.

Darren Hutton looks like he has all the right attributes to become a top class Centre Mid.

Jamie Stewart looks decent but if you are going to play him on the right wing then you'll have to improve his crossing icon14.gif

Originally posted by Liam =D:

Neil Scott and Dean Boyd look like their going to be world beaters icon14.gif

Steve Dolan looks okay but I agree with you that he has to be re-trained.

I wouldn't bother signing Craig Harrison. He doesnt look like he'll become anything to special.

Darren Hutton looks like he has all the right attributes to become a top class Centre Mid.

Jamie Stewart looks decent but if you are going to play him on the right wing then you'll have to improve his crossing icon14.gif

Yeah, I guess you are right about Harrison. I just thought he had high acceleratioon, pace, off the ball, determination, finishing and technique for a 16-year-old but after a second look, he actually doesn't look good.

About Jamie Stewart, he has some high stats, but he lacks pace, crossing and off the ball for a winger, so I don't really know about him.

Anyway, I haven't really had these players scouted, I just came across them myself, so it'll probably be down to what my scouts say.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

sorry.didnt mean to click post now.i`ll continue.

the next one is Jorg Sievers, a DR/C, a possible replacement for kolo toure.bought him from HSV for 600K when he was 17 years old.

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/4804/jorgsieversew6.jpg

there you go.these are the only regens that are currently playing for my first team.I`ve got few more good players that I personally think will be very very good in the future in my reserve team.And I have not included the other regens that my scouts recommended to me yet,there are lots of them.it sometimes give me headache cause there are way too many wonderkids and regens with awesome stats in my game.anyway, I`ll update my post later.

the last one is Antonio,a Brazilian striker.I bought him two seasons ago for 925K from Gremio.He`s now the top scorer in the U-20 WC with 6 goals from 3 games,and the tournament is not finished yet.

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/3083/antonionj7.jpg

this guy,a German,called Jens Unger is my next Hkeb.I bought him for 65K (a very good buy) from Stuttgart when he was spotting playing for germany U19 side when he was 16 years old.

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/7075/jensungerxt6.jpg

next is Santiago Garcia Leon,whom I bought for 2.1 Mill from Espanyol when he was 17 years old.He`s been my first choice CB to partner Kolo Toure for few seasons already.

http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/4204/santiagogarcialeonjs3.jpg

sorry.didnt mean to click post now.i`ll continue.

the next one is Jorg Sievers, a DR/C, a possible replacement for kolo toure.bought him from HSV for 600K when he was 17 years old.

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/4804/jorgsieversew6.jpg

the last one is Antonio,a Brazilian striker.I bought him two seasons ago for 925K from Gremio.He`s now the top scorer in the U-20 WC with 6 goals from 3 games,and the tournament is not finished yet.

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/3083/antonionj7.jpg

this guy,a German,called Jens Unger is my next Hkeb.I bought him for 65K (a very good buy) from Stuttgart when he was spotting playing for germany U19 side when he was 16 years old.

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/7075/jensungerxt6.jpg

next is Santiago Garcia Leon,whom I bought for 2.1 Mill from Espanyol when he was 17 years old.He`s been my first choice CB to partner Kolo Toure for few seasons already.

http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/4204/santiagogarcialeonjs3.jpg

there you go.these are the only regens that are currently playing for my first team.I`ve got few more good players that I personally think will be very very good in the future in my reserve team.And I have not included the other regens that my scouts recommended to me yet,there are lots of them.it sometimes give me headache cause there are way too many wonderkids and regens with awesome stats in my game.anyway, I`ll update my post about the other regens later.

Sorry guys,****ed up my previous post.It should look like this.

Do you guys check their PAs using FMM?can anyone tell me where to get it please?Anyway,I`ve never checked PAs for my regens.as long as they perform up to the standard that I want,Im happy enough to have them in my first team.And I always trust the judgement of my scouts (with good judgements).

• 2 weeks later...

6od3pk4.jpg

i think it was 7 star rating.. as good as Silva (best AM in the game).

he can play ML, AML, AMC and MC. His better position is left wing though so i'll be using him at ML with Silva in AMC.

good stats considering it's the 2nd season

Archived