The Official FM2008 "Great Regens" Thread

danny.harv

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hes alright but i dont think he will make it at tottenham.. his stats are alright but they are nothing special. Maybe try giving him a few games and see if he improves. Otherwise offload him and you can probably get a bit of cash for him

I'm managing Arsenal in 2014, and at long last two regens have become first choice. Both are strikers.

Fernando started life at Vasco in Brazil, but after a couple of seasons there came over here for £240,000. Marcus Danielsson, by contrast, came to me at 24 having experienced life as a hot prospect and found it slightly too tough to handle. After his big move to Roma for £9.75 million, he struggled to adapt to the Italian game, and when Roma declared interest in my raw Henri Saivet, Danielsson, once heralded as a future world star, found himself a makeweight in a player plus cash deal to move along with the sum of £8 million to Arsenal to rewrite his story. It was a fantastic deal for Arsenal, receiving a player with unbounded talent who just needed a good run of goals to realise his great potential.

Notes: Fernando has just returned to me for this season. Last season he was on loan at Zaragoza and scored the goals that won them the UEFA Cup. He was so good there that I sold Mario Balotelli to Newcastle for £12m (plus clauses) and brought Fernando into the first-team squad. He scored his first Premier League hat-trick before even making his first league start, and soon followed it with another. Danielsson is wildly inconsistent and a tad moody, but in a new partnership alongside Fernando it seems to work itself out. Elsewhere in the side Lionel Messi is the star of the season, finally delivering the sparkling performances deserving of a £57 million world-record transfer. My main problem with Fernando is that he dislikes Walter, a striker who I loaned to Salamanca for two years to get him a passport, and whom I would be loath to part with having grown rather attached to him and even sold first-choice Adebayor to properly allow him to grow. But he now finds himself third-choice behind Danielsson and Fernando and given his differences with the latter I may have to reluctantly let him go. He'll probably never displace Fernando, who still has some improvement to make before hitting his peak.

marcusdanielssonprofilepd3.png

fernandoprofilevz8.png

• 2 weeks later...

I know that's the only downside. He has a PA of 189 though so one for the future!!

But the other kid is fantastic, with a PA of 199!!

It is the first time I chose to select 'include all players from certain leagues' or whatever. Chose Argentina, Brazil, Holland, Mexico, Portugal and some others I think. Runs a bit slower but it is producing some of the best regens I have ever seen!

In all my other games where I didn't select this, had to wait a number of seasons before I got even one decent regen.

• 2 weeks later...

im just wondering whats the best way to find these regens?Is it best to scout countries, or is it best to look at clubs with good youth academies and scout players individually?Also what are the chances that the same regens from your saves could re-appear on someone elses save?do you train these regens using special training regimes or send them to affiliates to do the job for you?

im just wondering whats the best way to find these regens?Is it best to scout countries, or is it best to look at clubs with good youth academies and scout players individually?

Best way to find regens is by doing a few things:

* Scouting youth tournaments (Under 19/21's)

* Scouting regions and countries, the best place to look or start are South America (Mexico/ Argentina/Brazil etc), then look to Africa (They seem to produce some exceptional regen's) and then Europe.

* Also look at the under 18's of all the big clubs across the world, especially those have good/excellent facilities. Bazblock did a useful thread with a list of team's which have the best facilities across the world so check out this link:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=19589

Also what are the chances that the same regens from your saves could re-appear on someone elses save?do you train these regens using special training regimes or send them to affiliates to do the job for you?

Regens are random, even if in name there the same as another person's PA/CA wise they won't be as far as I’m aware. It’s best to have a good training schedule for them while they get games in the under 18’s, once they around 18 you should look to give them some reserves games and then after a short time say a year look to loan them out to a club with good facilities who will play them often. (Key status is important)

Hope that helps a little fella :thup:

Found these few regens on my Arsenal game, what do you's think?

martinrp9.jpg

He actually came through my youth academy, probably one the first good one's I've ever had.

curriesk6.jpg

Picked this kid up from Coventry a season ago.

silvaqn4.jpg

I've actually had this guy a few seasons now but to be honest I forgot about him. Was just having a look and got to him and was like OMG! Hopefully he will come into the first team in a season or so.

NUFCSean: All your youngsters look decent - although I must say you should be wary on the brazilian guy. He looks like he might be getting too old to make much more highly notable further progression, so even if he has the potential, he might not necessarily reach his full PA.

Here's some of my better ones (Juve in 2017):

Marco Tarquini - by far my favourite regen. I mean - his stats are friggin astonishing! He's solid in the defense and solid in the central midfield, and he's only 21!

MarcoTarquini.jpg

Eugene Sobko - I'll admit, not actually my "creation", since I recently bought him from the neat sum of 14m from Schalke. I still thought his stats were special enough for him to be shared. He's the perfectly chiseled striker - really.

EugeneSobko.jpg

Atilla Simon - he's got his weaknesses in all positions, but also his strenghts. Recently I've been using him on the right back due to me getting increasingly poorer coverage (Faty and Alexis are getting old). Also, he looks kinda fat, which makes the fact that he's totally uber even more entertaining.

AtillaSimon.jpg

Maicol Ancione - he's not the greatest winger ever constructed, I'll concede that. Keep in mind though; the longer you play the game, the lesser the number of good wingers and backs become. There are mostly super talents through the middle highway of the pitch.

MaicolAncione.jpg

I'm exited on wether any of these will become better. =]

I am the kind of manager who doesn't go out and buy any foreign youth with some promise and hope they come through. I'm all about training youngsters the club produces or youngsters i've seen coming through at my older clubs. I'm currently at Sevilla and this is the first club that has really impressed me with their youngsters.

Here are the most promising ones...

aureliotrenadoqi9.png

Aurelio Trenado

Aurelio is a great player with good tackling and speed. His aerial ability is not his strongest area, but after being trained by Ashley Cole he is the kind of man who the fans adore. He winds up the opponent and argues with officials, the type of thing you want a defender to do. His overall speed is pretty good so he will definately have a good future ahead of him. Has always played for Sevilla.

cristobalmerinorn7.png

Cristobal Merino

I'm a bit sceptical of Cristobal. He has decent speed and good tackling accompanied with an average heading stat, he looks like a good defender... But he's not the kind of player you go looking for as a wing back. Have been pleased with what i've seen so far from him and began retraining him as a wing back. Has always played for Sevilla.

enriquecastanedaul2.png

Enrique Castañeda

Enrique will be getting his firs team chances this season. He has improved immensely this summer and looks to become Reyes' backup for the next 2 or 3 seasons. Lets hope he can steadily increase his stats, become a supersub and then become a starter. Great all round speed and his great first touch makes him a dangerous player. Has scored a lot in the Sevilla youth squads and has always played for Sevilla.

joseramonprietopv8.png

José Ramón Prieto

José has some great promise. He's fast and has decent overall stats. He definately is the best striker of his age group and will be a star in the future. Has to become a bit more technical though. Cost me €1.9M to get him to move from Zaragoza to Sevilla so a great buy.

renatoarrigonini3.png

Renato Arrigoni

For 55k Renato proved to be a safe bet. He scored in both u21 games i watched him play in and that made me decide to move in for the player. A great first touch makes a great player... And as you can see that's what makes this man so dangerous. Already a great profit on this youngster for me and he still has about a year or 3 to improve. Previously played for my feeder club Chievo.

rubenantunacq3.png

Ruben Antuña

Ruben is a slow player and thats his greatest downfall. Otherwise he would be a really promising player who is very versatile. His defensive stats are great and his midfielder stats are decent, although he is slow he can always prove to be a very usefull player... But he will need to seize the opportunity's he will get. I'm very sceptical about this player altough he has played for Sevilla his whole career.

Must be horrible for Cole, tutoring a player who will turn out to be better than him!

Shouldn't have gone to Chelsea, should he...;)

Hehe :D He did have a great season last year (on my game that is) ... But he is in his 30s now and declining. Cole takes a sub appearance once a while though.

Thinking of retraining Castaneda into an AM/FC or to a AMRL FC... But his passing is too low. Any other ideas on retraining one of my regens?

what do you think about this one? he's got some great technical and mental stats but his physical abilities are a big letdown especially for a winger he is simply not quick enough.

what would you do with him. retrain him? but as what? i don't know what to do with a player that slow.

regen.jpg

What do you guys think about this person?

makotohyodoks5.png

he is very strong with both feet so, thats why his attributes aren't as good.

also here is probably the most perfect defensive midfielder other than his physical attributes

remember his attributes have just dropped for some reason

rostyslavmakarenkoxo0.png

but i mainly need advice on Makoto Hyodo

Hyodo doesn't look too good.Hisfinishing isn't good enough for a top team. Concentration, Decisions, Positioning and Team Work are all too low, and I doubt they will improve much. Balance and agility also need to go up. In fact, I don't think he looks too good at all. Low table striker at most.

Makarenko needs higherbravery, but most importantly needs to get his marking stat up by at least 6. If he can do that then he should do very well. I'm sure you've noticed his Physical stats. None are too bad but none are too good either.

Qiang - Very, very good. Would excel anywhere on the right, or at CB. Seriously, when did China get world-class players? I mean, thats one very good regen! His physical atts are a bit low, but I'm sure that with the rest of his stats it won't matter too much.

Hernandez - Again, very very good. Bravery, concentration, decisions, determination are all just ok, and his physical stats need improvement.

I think you need to change your training though. Your players are excellent with their technical stats, good with most of their mental stats but not too good with their physical stats. You need to add more strength or aerobic training to your schedule, quite a lot of it for some players.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, just a couple of questions on regens. I've never got far enough in a game to use them, but in my current game with Shakhtar I reckon I'll get far enough. Seeing as I'm Shakhtar, I can't sign established stars and have to rely on youth as no-one will join me. Up to now, it's been fine because I've signed all the usual youngsters(Aquino, Saivet, Sankhare etc.) but I know that soon I'll find it hard.

With the youth intake every year, how do you get better players? In all my games, I never seem to get good players, and all are usually released.

And also, what are your suggestions for finding better regens?

Thanks in advance.

Hi, just a couple of questions on regens. I've never got far enough in a game to use them, but in my current game with Shakhtar I reckon I'll get far enough. Seeing as I'm Shakhtar, I can't sign established stars and have to rely on youth as no-one will join me. Up to now, it's been fine because I've signed all the usual youngsters(Aquino, Saivet, Sankhare etc.) but I know that soon I'll find it hard.

With the youth intake every year, how do you get better players? In all my games, I never seem to get good players, and all are usually released.

And also, what are your suggestions for finding better regens?

Thanks in advance.

Well first step for you would be to have the best youth facilities.

Secondly, scout around others teams who have world class facilities, even good ones you can sometimes found the odd gem.

Thirdly, scout around under 18/19/21 tournaments when they happen. Also look through youth setups of big clubs around the world.

The best places to look are the big clubs around the world, Usually I find regens of a good standard or higher in South America (Brazil, Argentina, Mexico etc), Africa and Spain, England, France and Italy in Europe.

With the scouting side, make sure you scout them to as much detail as possible, minimum of three games, but often more. Get as much information as you can.

There's a thread somewhere listing the clubs with the best facilities around the world, have a search for it. I'll also have a look see if I can find it :thup:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=19589

Also, if you look up (about half way) I posted something similar to when another person asked it :thup:

Archived