FM10: Official Metalist Khrakiv Thread - Beware of the Underdogs

Welcome to the Metalist Kharkiv Thread for Football Manager 2010

FC_Metalist_Kharkiv-logo-48D8E94312-seeklogo.com.gif

Info

Nation: Ukraine

Founded: 1925

Stadium: Metalist Stadium (Capacity 41,411)

Chairman: Oleksandr Yaroslavsky

Legends: Marko Devic, Papa Gueye, Olexandr Goryainov, Miron Markevych

Icons: Ruslan Fomin

Fierce Rivals: Dnipro, Kharkiv

Other Rivals: Dinamo Kiev

2008/09 League Position: 3rd

FC Metalist Kharkiv (Ukrainian: Металіст Харків) is a professional Ukrainian football team based in Kharkiv, Ukraine. It competes in the Ukrainian Premier League, the highest football level in the country. Founded in 1925, the team worked its way up the rungs of the Soviet football system, eventually being promoted to the Soviet Top League in 1960. After a rough period which included relegation, Metalist was promoted to the Top League again in 1982, where it remained until the league's dissolution. The team has won the Soviet Cup once, and were runners-up once. They have also won the bronze title of the Ukrainian Premier League three times in a row, starting in the 2006–07 season.

Metalist's home is the 43,000 capacity multi-use Metalist Stadium. The stadium was originally built in 1926. Recently, it was reconstructed to host Euro 2012 football matches to reach its current capacity.

Honours

Ukraine

Ukrainian Premier League

* Highest finish, Third: 2006-07, 2007-08, 2008-09

Ukrainian Cup

* Runners-up: 1992

USSR

USSR Cup

* Winners: 1988

* Runners-up: 1983

USSR Super Cup

* Runners-up: 1988

USSR Federation Cup

* Runners-up: 1987

Current Squad

1 GK Dmytro Zhdankov

3 DF Yevhen Selin

4 DF Andriy Berezovchuk

5 MF Oleh Shelayev

7 MF Serhiy Valyayev

8 MF Edmar

9 MF Valentyn Slyusar

10 MF Alexei Eremenko

11 MF Denys Oliynyk

14 FW Volodymyr Lysenko

15 MF Hernán Fredes

16 MF Marcin Burkhardt

17 DF Serhiy Pshenychnykh

19 MF Serhiy Barylko

22 DF Milan Obradović (vice-captain)

23 GK Ihor Bazhan

25 MF Oleksandr Rykun

26 FW Venance Zeze

27 DF Jonathan Maidana

29 GK Oleksandr Goryainov (captain)

30 DF Papa Gueye

33 MF Marko Dević

37 DF Vitaliy Bordiyan

50 FW Jaja

Squad In FM10 + Analysis :

2rp9u2c.png

Goalkeepers

Oleksandr Goryainov and Igor Bazhan are the two keepers for Metalist. Goryainov is a veteran and is the 1st choice and Bazhan is a useful back up, however Goryainov is ageing and a good young keeper could be brought in at the end of the 1st season.

Defenders

Papa Gueye and Jonathen Maidana are the 1st choice centre backs and both are good centre backs and should be kept. Milan Obradovic is a good back up at CB and can also be a RB back up. Denis Bordijan is the starting RB and is decent however I feel that this is the crisis area at Metalist and a RB is needed. Sergiy Pshenychnyky is the starting LB and Aleksandar Trisovic will provide sufficient cover at LB.

Midfield

This is by far imo the strongest area of the Metalist team. Edmar and Segiy Valyaev should be the starters at the MC role with Oleg Shelaev and Valentyn Slyusar will provide depth in case of injuries to the starters. Hernan Fredes is also in contention for the MC role as well as he seems to be almost as good as Edmar. At AML I feel that Jaja should be there as his attributes are more suited to a winger, although he can be deployed as a striker as well. As Jaja starts off injured, Denys Oliynyk should start as AML and although he's relatively young he seems a good player. Marko Devic should start on the other flank and Alexey Eremenko is to be deployed at AMC.

Forwards

Imo Vakhtang Pantskhava should start as the lone striker as he seems to be a good player, despite his young age and he should improve over the season. He is on loan from Le Mans. Volodymyr Lysenko is also in contention to start as he is a decent player, physical stats are good but technical stats could do with an improvement

Zezeto, Marcin Burkhardt and possibly Oleg Shelaev should be sold to get money to strengthen the team. Cristian Ansaldi should be brought in and played at RB and Cristian Noboa, Ananidze and any other players that are better than the current line up or any young talent that can start in a couple of seasons time should be considered

Star Players:

Jaja

5vbs55.png

Imo, fairly complete stats for whatever role used - he has good technical and physical stats so ha can be used as a winger, AMC or a striker - he is a must keep at the club in order for the progression of Metalist

Edmar

30hx6yv.png

Creative little Brazillian that plays either in the centre of the park or he can play a more attacking role if needed - should be kept as well.

Alexey Eremenko

http://i48.tinypic.com/14ybo2f.png

The final player that I feel needs to be kept at the club. Plays at AMC and is one of the best players at the club.

Vladyslav Sorochynskyi, Eugene Selin and Anton Postupalenko are probably the best youth talents and are worth keeping about to see how they develop.

Transfer Budget:

£3m + £140 k wage budget for a continental qualification through league pos. (My Pick)

£3.7m + £155 k for a title challenge

£4m + £160 k for winning the league

Why to play as Metalist ?

Metalist have been a club that has been rising in Ukraine under the radar and have finished 3rd for 3 consecutive seasons in the Ukrainian Premier League. In addition, they also play in the Europa League which is a great achievement for the club. But this could be the year that they over come oil rich Shakhtar and Ukraine's successful club Dinamo Kiev and make it to the latter stages of the Europa League.. and its all down to you now

Transfers Ins and Outs

r7oveq.png

I think that i have managed to solve my defensive frailties and strengthen my team with the likes of Ivanov, Lovren, Nekhaychik and Kramaric are all starters and the other transfers are aimed at the future and to provide strength in depth.

The season has started well for now, top of the premier league by 5 pts (Dinamo Kiev second) and I didnt get a particularly hard group in the Europa League - considering what i could've had - and I was drawn with Roma, Club Brugge and Red Star. Progression in the Ukrainian Cup is going smoothly but we were drawn with Shakhtar in the QFs :( But if we manage to play as well as we did against Dinamo Kiev I think we can scrape through.

Fixtures

2eygo6g.png

Yes, although occasionally i might play with a DMC instead of an AMC depending on the opponent etc.

I might give them a go, I'm really stuck for a team before this new patch and I do like Eastern European teams.

Also, Jaja :cool: (although his face scares me :()

Archived